Please help - Did I hear babys' heartbeat?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Used my new sonoline b for the first time yesterday.

After a very long time, and identifying the swooshing sound of my arteries and possibly the placenta, I heard what I thought was the babys heartbeat. Very fast, like galloping horses. My heartrate at the time was around 90, however, what confused me is that when i heard what i thought was the babys heartbeat the digital display read 125, and then started to fall to just over 100, although the heartbeat i was hearing stayed just as fast. I thought babys heartbeat is around 160-170bpm at this stage? Is it possible that I heard the heartbeat but the digital display was wrong/picking up something else?

Hey, I would reckon the swishing noise is definitely the placenta, and the 125bpm (to low for baby hb i think) is an artery that runs down (I think there was a post last night with a link in that said that) I think baby hb should be a bit higher than that, don't worry though - just keep trying and Im sure you will find it xx

Yep it's entirely possible you heard it but what the display caught was closer to it so that's what showed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->