Please help me !!!!

louisechippy

Reaction score
Hi i really need some advice/help with my 8 yr old son who has a diagnosis of ADHD.

For the last year we have had the same thing day in day out we send him to school and by 2 o clock they have phone with some sort of complaint, and already 3 days into term and it has started again

Todays was some little boy called my son a snitch and my son told him to be quite then all of sudden they have starting arguing in class but its me who gets a phone call... I do somehow fell that because my son has this problem he is singled out as the naughty boy with a problem last yr they ending up 6 weeks before the end of term moving him down a year to try and solve the problem and this WORKED but obviously my son cant be moved down a year perminatly ( although he is on the young side for his year his birthday is 20th july and new intake is 31st august )

I am really losing my marbles with all this i dont know what else i can do to help my son or the school in dealing with it. We are currently in the process of CAF/TAC meetings which sometimes help with ideas but nine times out of ten are just the same things over and over.

Daniel is medicated he is on equasym ( sp ) 40mg once in the morning after his breakfast he has this between 7:30 -8:00 never a change. Due to daniels medication we are very lucky if we can get hime to sleep much before 11pm at night, we know that most of his problems stem from lack of sleep but cannot get his ADHD dr to see this and he just keeps fobbing us off with differant types of aids to sleeping that dont work.

His school wont even start the statement process as they dont feel there is a need for it is daniels case. He has to travel to and from school on a Bus which isnt monitered by another adult other than the bus driver and of course when daniel blows up or plays up there is nothing anyone can do. last year we traveled with him at a cost ( we had to pay from our own pocket) i feel there should be another adult on this bus but that another issue altogether.

I feel in fact i know daniel is running a very thin line at school and on the bus to bieng thrown off and kicked out of school completly. I dont not want this and i know daniel doesnt either. It will mean him going to a naughty boys school which i really dont want but i dont know what else to do.

Have any of you got any ideas at all on what i could do to help it would be very much appriciated xx
sorry to go on so much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->