Please help - possible MC

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi, i'm 4+6 weeks pregnant and have been having on/off cramps for a couple of weeks. I had a bit of pink blood on Friday morning but nothing since then.

There has been some more light-dark brown spotting today and i've got some cramps. Nothing major but it feels like i'm about to come on.

Just got back from the docs who said it sounds like i'm having a miscarriage. He said i could have this bleeding for the next 2 weeks. He offered an internal scan to see if there was any 'remains' in there or wait and see if it stops then come back in 2 weeks time.

As i'm nearly 5 weeks time i'm not sure they could pick anything up with the scan so i declined but doc said i could phone and book one if i wanted to and go straight to a&e if pain or bleeding gets worse.

Do you think im having a m/c because i'm still cramping slightly.

I also did another hpt this morning and got a very strong line.

I really hope i'm not losing this baby and cant stop crying. Thanks.

sorry but i think it is a bit insensitive of your docs to say it sounds like u are having a mc, cramping is normal in pregnancy and spotting is very very common, women go on to have healthy babies so i think they are being a bit rash saying that to you.

just try and relax and put your feet up hun, i have had a mc in the past and when i spotted it was bright red and was loads of blood, plus pg tests faded by the day. You sound ok so far x

No experience here but Im keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

sorry but i think it is a bit insensitive of your docs to say it sounds like u are having a mc, cramping is normal in pregnancy and spotting is very very common, women go on to have healthy babies so i think they are being a bit rash saying that to you.

I agree absolutely :)

I havn't had a miscarriage as such but from what I've heard and read and seen the pain and bleeding seems to be a lot worse than what you're describing for many women. Try not to worry too much (I know easier said than done) because there is still hope xx

just try and relax and put your feet up hun, i have had a mc in the past and when i spotted it was bright red and was loads of blood, plus pg tests faded by the day. You sound ok so far x

Thanks hun, the doc explained m/c can be like a small period and last for about 2 weeks. plus, like i said before i did a test this am and got a very bfp.
i just keep waiting for the blood to get heavier and darker. ive heard on this forum that spotting is common but i didnt have this with my first pregnancy.
do you think i should have the internal scan? does anyone know if anything will show up at 5 weeks? thanks again for your help xx

I know how scary it is hun, I had 2 mc around 5 weeks last year but my tests never got darker, they were v v faint. Try not to worry too much and rest as much as you can. Brown blood is a good sign, it's possibly old blood from a period or from implantation x

i think at 5 weeks you will be able to see the sac but that's about it

You won't see much at all until 6weeks ish. It'll probably just worry you more x

Hi babyhopesxx, I know it's impossible (esp with a doc like yours!!) but try not to worry too much. I am surprised your doc has said that to you as mild cramps (like period pain) are normal during pregnancy and spotting is also common and doesn't always mean bad news.

I had cramps and spotting and also moderate to heavy bleeding and so far so good according to my scan yesterday :thumbup:

My doc was reluctant to send me for a scan before 7 weeks as it may have caused more distress as it may be to early to see if everything was OK before that.

Try to take it easy for a while and do call your doc or visit A&E if the bleeding or pain gets worse :hugs:

i hope its ok. i have been cramping for nearly the whole 9 weeks! and if its just brown blood now that sounds promising. fingers crossed x

you should ask the doc to do a beta hcg, that way you have a more definite answer. Hoping for the best ((hugs))

Thanks hun, the doc explained m/c can be like a small period and last for about 2 weeks. plus, like i said before i did a test this am and got a very bfp.
i just keep waiting for the blood to get heavier and darker. ive heard on this forum that spotting is common but i didnt have this with my first pregnancy.
do you think i should have the internal scan? does anyone know if anything will show up at 5 weeks? thanks again for your help xx

If he says it is like a small period then how can it last for 2 weeks! that would be a big period in my opinion! I wouldnt bother with a scan just yet you won't really see anything, I know its hard not to worry but what will be will be hun, give it some time yet and see how you get on, keep hydrated and try not to do anything strenuous. will keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Grrrr! Doctors make me so angry!

Spotting in early pregnancy (brown, pink) is so common. I have had pink spotting which has turned brown today for about 5 days. I went to the doctors who told me that pink/brown discharge/spotting is normal and cramping is also normal early on. Only when the blood turns red/clots and cramps turn into severe pain then you need to worry.

I am seeing my doctor on Monday who is going to refer me to the EPAC - she did not want to do a blood test.

See my avator - those tests are from today - I was so concerned that I tested today - dark as ever and still spotting (please dont let this backfire on me!).

You and me together being strong I reckon :hugs: x

Hun, I had a scan last fri and I'd been spotting 10 days at that point, we have a healthy baby with a heartbeat so far :) I've also had cramps bad enough to go to hospital at about 5 weeks, so whilst it I scary, pls don't worry too much, I'd ask for a scan for 7 weeks though.

I'm in the same boat so know how you feel. I'm so scared, and have been crying at work all day. Not sure whether to go to the EPAU tomorrow morning, as advised by my GP. I will be so early, what if it scares me more? What would you see/not see?

I feel for you, and you too rumpskin - I got a 3+ cb digi yestrday too. Gave me tiniest reassurance.

I have moments when i think its normal and then times when i'm so scared.

Really hope all is well with you - I suppose we need to take it easy and look after ourselves, keep us updated

:hugs:

I'm in the same boat so know how you feel. I'm so scared, and have been crying at work all day. Not sure whether to go to the EPAU tomorrow morning, as advised by my GP. I will be so early, what if it scares me more? What would you see/not see?

I feel for you, and you too rumpskin - I got a 3+ cb digi yestrday too. Gave me tiniest reassurance.

I have moments when i think its normal and then times when i'm so scared.

Really hope all is well with you - I suppose we need to take it easy and look after ourselves, keep us updated

Oh Toots :hugs: I went home sick today because of brown discharge, thought it was the start of things to come. My view is this scan is going to allow me to know if my pregnancy is viable or not - I am not very good at early pregnancy!!! And yes, the tests today have made me have a bit of hope.

There seems to be alot of us in the same boat which is so reassuring as you can feel so isolated when this happens to you xxxxx

hun iv had cramping for week,its only just got milder x

Hey guys thank you for all your replies. I've just had my mum round and after reading your posts i feel so much better :)

The last person i wanted to see today was a doctor but i was a bit worried with the spotting so thought i had better go (would have rather seen a mw.)
I dont have great faith in docs tbh, they either ignore you if something really is wrong, or worry you needlessly. wish i hadnt gone now :dohh:

I've decided to take it easy and rest for a few day (as much as i can anyway) if it gets worse then it wasnt meant to be, and i know theres a reason for it, fingers x'd for the best. If im ok for the next 2 weeks then will go back to docs and insist on an u/s scan.

For those of you that are going through the same thing, we will try and stay positive :hugs:

Hey guys thank you for all your replies. I've just had my mum round and after reading your posts i feel so much better :)

The last person i wanted to see today was a doctor but i was a bit worried with the spotting so thought i had better go (would have rather seen a mw.)
I dont have great faith in docs tbh, they either ignore you if something really is wrong, or worry you needlessly. wish i hadnt gone now :dohh:

I've decided to take it easy and rest for a few day (as much as i can anyway) if it gets worse then it wasnt meant to be, and i know theres a reason for it, fingers x'd for the best. If im ok for the next 2 weeks then will go back to docs and insist on an u/s scan.

For those of you that are going through the same thing, we will try and stay positive :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->