Please read...BFP threads

I was afraid to post mine on here but many ladies embraced me and were very happy for me. Even requested I keep them updated. I understand how you feel. But also how would you feel when you finally get your BFP and someone rains on your parade and tells you to go elsewhere because they don't want to hear it? Especially when you've been trying and going through all of this when them? Not others in a different forum? JMO.

I was afraid to post mine on here but many ladies embraced me and were very happy for me. Even requested I keep them updated. I understand how you feel. But also how would you feel when you finally get your BFP and someone rains on your parade and tells you to go elsewhere because they don't want to hear it? Especially when you've been trying and going through all of this when them? Not others in a different forum? JMO.

I have already had a BFP whilst on BnB and posted it, as appropriate, under a couple of threads in which I'd been involved in in the TWW section. I didn't start my own thread. And when I have another BFP, I will do exactly the same thing.

The rules are here for a reason, as I said.

But as I said before, I'll leave you lot to it.

I have already had a BFP whilst on BnB and posted it, as appropriate, under a couple of threads in which I'd been involved in in the TWW section. I didn't start my own thread. And when I have another BFP, I will do exactly the same thing.

The rules are here for a reason, as I said.

But as I said before, I'll leave you lot to it.

I have to agree, rules are there for a reason ladies, and rules should be followed...:flower:

i totally agree the rules should be followed but there is a way of going round doing it.
send a PM to an admin to deal with the situation and for them to make the announcement hun, alot of ladies who have recieved a :bfp: will think you are directing it at them in a vicious way and not in the way you intended, if its done officially then at least your not the one to get the back lash for it.

i lost my angel at 17 weeks back in sept and yes at first i did find :bfp: announcments hard but even if they werent in the right section i just ignored that post as i found there was no point in reading something tht was going to upset me and probably cause an arguement due to said upset.

so maybe just a bit of tact next time and just PM an admin and let them deal with it, t may be a quick thing it may take then a few hours/a day. they do have half a million posts and more to deal with and moderate each month so they do have their work cut out for them, just let them deal with it. means you dont get the back lash then hun.

:hugs: if your feeling down and i hope you start to feel better soon. xx

BUT I did NOT make a seperate post for it, it was under another TTC thread that someone else had started so don't go bashing me.

Well it does seem like u are u moved my post started this thread after my announcement. that seems like an attack on me. only my oh knows and i told here for support and congrats u ruined it by making me wrong for doing so. so i have taken it personally

I'm not able to move posts, Niamh. I'm not an administrator.

Seeing as I'm the only one who feels this way (although I think the rules are there for a reason) I'll drop it. I was personally looking for a supportive forum where BFPs weren't rubbed in my face but perhaps BnB isn't that place.

sweety this is a thread for TTC, no one is rubbing your face in anything, try a forum for WTT as the previous poster suggested. I think you are in the wrong place for the time being xx

The rules do say that you should post the announcements in the right section, that isnt to say if you are in say the BFP for Christmas thread that you cant tell them within that thread but it just means you cant start a thread for that reason. Rules are there for a reason.

The thing is bereavement and grief is an individual journey as is TTC in general, and just because it doesnt upset you doesnt mean it wont upset one, two, ten or one hundred other members. We should all do what we can to make each others journey as gentle as possible.

Take care girls, good luck to you all, I really hope you all get the sticky babies you deserve. :hugs::hugs:

We are all here because we have been through a difficult loss and are trying for a subsequently successful pregnancy.

Half of that journey is the sad beginning that got us here, the loss of our babies. Half is the joy of trying again and hopefully becoming pregnant.

We can't spend weeks, months, years just wallowing about our misfortune and feeling angst and discomfort when someone else finds success. It is very tempting to feel bitter, but we're better than that.

I understand why the rule exists, and where your angst comes from. BUT I think it is more conducive to healing for BFP announcements to be welcomed with joy, love, and hope, rather than complaints or concern.

We should all be here to support each other. People getting BFPs should give those who havent yet the hope that it DOES happen.

I agree to not make a seperate post announcing your BFP but it seems thats rarely done anyway but if i was still here ttc I would be supporting the rest of you and would be completely over the moon for every BFP. Not sad to read about them because lets face it... weve all lost a child and should all be equally happy for each other when we are gifted with our Rainbows.

The final part of our TTC journey is our BFP... we should be able to share that with friends weve made within support threads (again, not making seperate thread)

:hugs::flower:

i lost my angel over a yr ago but i still miss 'beanie' everyday but while im here the bfps bring me hope that one day i will have my BFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->