Please share your thoughts on travel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing check the airline policy, the latest I can find is the end of the 35th week, some are 34 or even 32 weeks. Xx

Thanks RaspberryK I've checked them all. There is one airline down here in Australia that I can fly with until my due date with a doctors letter :)

Wow that was rude, and I'm certainly not ignorant.
Nhs says sushi is fine, that's fine with me.

Wow. And from someone who has miscarried in the past too. But hey - your baby.

I can assure you that my miscarriage had nothing to do with sushi, or flying.
I follow the guidelines in my country, this comment was completely uncalled for.

Ok, wow, I was getting on here to say that I agree that flying is ok as long as you are health and baby is healthy, but this post turned into something else.
I'm sorry that you disagree with RasberryK, ChocLover, but you are in fact being the rude one. I saw nothing in what RasberryK said that could be taken as rude. She was merely stating facts and showing articles to back up her facts. I have come to see this forum of women who support and help each other, but you, ma'am, are the exception and are acting entirely out of line. You are the one that is indeed rude and ignorant. And bringing up a woman's miscarriage like that, in my mind, is completely hurtful, horrible, and inexcusable. :growlmad:

No, she called it "fear mongering" - she said I was fear mongering for giving the advice that our government (that does have better health and prenatal care standards than the US govt) and our doctors give - as "fear mongering".

Yes, that was rude AND ignorant.

Noone has to like it.

Before this conversation Rasberry was ignorant because she did not know that the semi-frozen meats that they put in sushi can harm your baby and cause miscarriage (even though it can't harm you). She was eating the sushi without knowing this - thanks to the bad advice from your government. That made her IGNORANT. Now she is going to wilfully continue to increase her risk factor for another miscarriage - even thought she has reason to double think. Now she is just being wilfully blind.

No, she called it "fear mongering" - she said I was fear mongering for giving the advice that our government (that does have better health and prenatal care standards than the US govt) and our doctors give - as "fear mongering".

Noone has to like it.

Before this conversation Rasberry was ignorant because she did not know that the semi-frozen meats that they put in sushi can harm your baby and cause miscarriage (even though it can't harm you). She was eating the sushi without knowing this - thanks to the bad advice from your government. That made her IGNORANT. Now she is going to wilfully continue to increase her risk factor for another miscarriage - even thought she has reason to double think. Now she is just being wilfully blind.

I am absolutely appalled that you are a clinical psychologist. Seriously, your behavior is atrocious. You have no right to say something about someone's miscarriage, hinting that it was her fault. Disgusting!

I do want to thank raspberry for one thing though.

This conversation has made me feel Profoundly better about the miscarriage risk. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I was worried about it because the percentages are so high.

I now realise the percentages are as high as they are because they are based on a sample that does not do absolutely everything it can to minimise risk. People who drink, people who eat sushi with meats in it that are exposed to a bacteria level enough to kill the foetus without harming the mother, people who eat gelatos and soft serves (same problem). People who do all sorts of things that increase the risk for miscarriage.

If the estimates were based on a sample that does everything it can to minimise the risk - I imagine the miscarriage rate would be a lot lower.

That gives me a Huge amount of comfort.

Noone has to like it.

I am absolutely appalled that you are a clinical psychologist. Seriously, your behavior is atrocious. You have no right to say something about someone's miscarriage, hinting that it was her fault. Disgusting!

Well get over it then purple cupcake. Your level of appalled-ness affects me not!

Noone has to like it.

Tell me, do you ever drive or ride in a personal vehicle? A bus? Because your risk of being hurt or killed in one of those is exponentially higher than experiencing any complications due to meat or fish. Being pregnant doesn't mean living in a bubble. More things go wrong during pregnancy for absolutely no reason (or genetic reasons) than for anything measurable. You would think a woman with a scientific background would be more understanding of the statistical FACTS.

Noone has to like it.

Actually I wasn't hinting it was her fault - my thought was that after one miscarriage she'd want to minimise her risk factors. But now that you mention it I guess the fact that she may have exposed her baby to the bacteria in that sushi could have caused her miscarriage - who knows. Or there could have been a host of other reasons for it.

ChocLover there are several antagonistic posts from you on this thread but this one has to be the worst :nope:

There are women from all over the world on this forum and as such there will be varying opinions and guidelines as to what is approved and what isn't during pregnancy. You can share your opinions, feelings, and country guidelines all you like but please do it with a more respectful tone.

In the future please keep forum rules and TOS in mind when posting:

Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

And:

Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back