Please tell me I'm not the only one who is a nervous wreck

Firstly, completely normal to worry about every little thing. Take a look at almost every post in this section... You are certainly not alone!

If something is going to happen then unfortunately it will and there's nothing any of us could do to help prevent it at this early stage :( sad but true. The baby will take whatever it needs from us, so whether or not you're eating right or taking vits the baby will do fine, it'll be you that suffers! So just eat normally and healthily for you :thumbup: you could always get a private scan done for reassurance if you really wanted to check everything was ok x

2 ultrasounds??? I would die of anxiety! My dr does one at every appt and since i had/have spotting he said to come in whenever I want if I am spotting because he doesn't want me sitting at home worrying about it. 2??? Is that normal? I guess I have been living in la la land lol. Can you get a doppler? I couldn't pick up anything on mine til 14-15 weeks as I have a deep pelvis, but some are getting at 8 weeks!

It's standard to only get 2 here in the UK, but it makes sense with NHS budgets and all. A scan at every appt would be lovely!

I've heard 2 is normal, but seriously? Like I understand not having an ultrasound at 5 or 6 weeks because theres really nothing to see but I'm almost 9 weeks so you'd be able to see something. I just want to see my baby. I mean I could go in if I said I was spotting or cramping really bad but I think that would jynx me. xD I'm hoping when I go in for my first actual appointment with my OB, I haven't even met my OB yet D:
Hearing the HB will calm me a bit, since I'm so afraid of a blighted Ovum.
I kind of want to go somewhere for an ultrasound but have no idea where I'd go and I've heard they are pretty expensive and I'm sure my insurance wouldn't pay for it. I should have opted for the Downs testing because you get an ultrasound at around 11 weeks. I guess they only offer the main 2 ultrasounds 1st one is gender and to make sure everything is correctly there and the 2nd to make sure the baby is head down. Unless you're high risk or something you only get 2. Which sucks because you know people want to see their babies.

Currently looking into getting myself a private scan. There is a place near me that might do it, but good news is my Mother in law works as a nurse for L&D and messaged me on facebook saying she might be able to secretly get me a scan when we come visit. That would be AMAZING.

I know I'm nervous also. I have my 13 week scan on wed. My ultimate fear is going, and there's no longer a heartbeat. But my boyfriend told me that I have been really emotional lately and I will admit I have been moody, and hormonal. That keeps my hopes that everything is okay. :hugs: everything will be Okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->