Please tell me I'm not the only one..

ClaireyF

Joshua & Bump to be!
Reaction score
I have noticed for the past week in the afternoons whilst sitting at my desk i have started to see 'stars' IYKWIM. Has this happened to anyone else? i don't particulary feel dizzy but i'm starting to get concerned about it... xx

forgot to add, i have been drinking more water etc so can't be dehydrated either...x

same here. little white things. assumed as wee normal and no swelling its nothing to worry about. it's not all the time, just every so often.
xXx

I get this when I am in the shower in the mornings, I have been checked for pre eclampsia and had my BP urine done weekly and nothing. Seems like a normal preggers gripe again!

Lol might be due to the extra blood flow round your body. I would mention it to your mw just incase, and then they can rule anything out, but to be honest its probably more light headedness which is very common towards the end of pregnancy hunxxx

I get this when I am in the shower in the mornings, I have been checked for pre eclampsia and had my BP urine done weekly and nothing. Seems like a normal preggers gripe again!

i was wondering if it was an early sympton of Preeclampsia, i dont see the mw for another 3w so i'll see if it carries on until then but it seems pretty normal xx

As long as everything else is okay, I wouldn't worry, you could either call your MW or may be its because you are tired and your eyes need checking, sorry not much help I know, take care :hugs: XX

Yeah I am sure it's fine, just note it down to bring it up with her when you see her :) xxx

i get this too. i read somewhere that your eyessight can change slightly or stuff like this can happen cos of all the extra blood in you baody can alter the pressure on you eyes? can't rememeber where i read it tho or how reliable it was. could be tho?

I've had this a few times when i feel a bit funny, like not eating for awhile or moving too quickly

I have had this too - not regular but a few times. Its like lots of floaters moving around in circles - like a kalidescope you had when you were a kid but clear dots. Have felt light headed at the same time too.

Have been eating and drinking so not low blood sugar or dehydration. Go to MW weekly due to high bp for checks, urine test and sometimes bloods but all fine so must just be one of those pregnancy things.

Ohhh i get these when im in the shower or standing at the sink, its strange, as i dont feel unwell, i just see lots of wee lovely sparkly stars lol

Thanks girls, i'm so relieved that i'm not the only one that has it and that i'm not going mad! you've all reassured me that it is one of those 'normal' things xx

I get this is i bend down to pick something up of the floor, not all the time just every now and then xx

I've had this pretty much constantly for 4 or 5 weeks. The first time it happened, I was also an emotional wreck and feeling like death and they freaked and thought it was pre-eclampsia but I was fine. The doctor also checked my eyes for swelling and pressure and stuff and all was fine so they put it down to exhaustion, signed me off work for the rest of the week, and told me to rest but that if it didn't go away, to come back. Well, it went away for about 4 days and now I've just got used to it. I mentioned it to my midwife and she didn't seem concerned and so now I just live with it but it does drive me mad, constantly hallucinating lol.

I've had this a couple of times but not thought anything of it. Better keep an eye on it and see if it happens again!

snap, seems to be in the shower, little white flashy ones! x

How bizarre that its a pregnancy thing cause it is strange but i get it mostly in shower too x

i get them occasionally as well usuallly when i have a hot bath, they look like the ends falling off a sparkler,lol

Hey Claire! No worries hun. I see tracers (silver like stars) all the time. It comes most of the time when I stand up too fast or sit down abrutly. I did have my dr. check my urnie and blood pressure for signs of preclampsia, but it's all clear. I def. think it's normal pregnancy. But... if your worried you should check in w/ your dr. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->