• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pliko pramette/ silver cross 3d/ rear facing pushchair combi?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I can't decide on a pram!! I think it's got to be a toss up between the Mamas and papas pliko pramette or silver cross 3d. Only thing is mamas and paps has a fair few bad reviews posted on review centre, issues with wheels becoming flimsy and a poor harness, and silver cross has more good reviews and considering the mamas and papas is much dearer i'm in two minds. However the other day in the shop, my dp found the silver cross to be quite fiddley. I'm soooo stuck. Does anyone have any firsthand experience of either of them?

Or any ideas for something simliar? Its not us buying it so we don't want it to be to expensive, i don't like three wheelers and ideally would like a combination so i can have it as a pram, a travel system (car seat) and rear/forward facing pushchair. Not that i'm asking for much eh!! Any ideas much appreciated though.

Thanks ladies

im getting the pliko p3 pramette, there have been some complaints about it being heavy but most people have really liked it. Its got the bassinet, and the stroller option. plus u can clip the car seat in. the basket is a good size, the brand is known to be a good one. ( where i come from its peg perego). i looked into others like gracos ( too big to fold) and i cant stand the new retro weird ones like the quinny and others. The pliko is also really nice to maneuver.
one thing to keep in mind is that they are discontinuing the model according to stores in the usa. i dont care about this because i think companies just do this to stay in the "news" bring out more expensive new models. consumer reports also gave the pliko a good review. the bassinet has little legs that pull out too so it can stand nicely on the floor.

I have the silver cross 3d and i think its brill , i feel its easy to move around and my daughter seems really comfortable in it. i love it !

i got the pliko pramette in the city scape colour.... my first so dont really know how GOOD it really is!!! Just really liked the style!!!
Got it from ebay too.... was so lucky chose it from the book and it was on ebay... brand new!! Saved £100:)
It came and it was all boxed and everything!!! Brill bargains to be had on ebay ladies!!!

I have the Pliko Pramette and don't think i've got a bad word to say about it. It's great.

I got the silver cross one. Don't have a baby to test out in it yet but I love how easy it is to get around!

i've had a 'practice' with my 3D and i really like it!!!

Can i just ask, those who have the pliko pramette (the normal one that retails at £300) does it have a forward/rear facing pushchair mode? It didn't seem to offer it but it says it does in the specualtion chart in the mama and papas catologue. I saw the pliko 2 in 1 does but i am not a fan of that empire colour and they don't seem to do it in another. I've heard so much about getting rear facing pushchairs that i'm totally changing my mind on what to get!

I've got the silvercross 3D one and I don't like it. It's hard to get around with Nathan in it and the handles seem quite weak and I also seem to keep kicking the back wheels :dohh:

I have found it harder than any pushchair I've had in the past to push around, get up kerbs, on and off trains and just general use :dohh:

I do like the shopping basket though, lol.

I will be using it for this baby though with Nathan on the buggy board so I hope it is easier to push with a small baby in it than it is with Nathan in it :dohh:

I have the Pliko 3 - it is fab, but i too have read lots of bad reviews - but based on personal experience, no one has ever complained!

There is a new mamas and papas out, called Switch. it's the same as the pramette- folds down in one piece, lie flat pram changes to buggy, and can clip the car seat on- but the Switch can have the pushchair facing towards or away from you. The Switch only comes in 2 colours, one is a pale grey and the other is a browny criss cross patern (pebble.)

There is a new mamas and papas out, called Switch. it's the same as the pramette- folds down in one piece, lie flat pram changes to buggy, and can clip the car seat on- but the Switch can have the pushchair facing towards or away from you. The Switch only comes in 2 colours, one is a pale grey and the other is a browny criss cross patern (pebble.)

Hey, yea we're lookin into the switch at the moment. we were informed they had prodced it in balmain by the store ass but we're still waiting to have it confirmed. the switch is the answer to all my problems but i jus don't like empire colour (the grey) tho i've not seen it in pebble.

I had the pilko pramette, I had no problems with it, I had it when they first brough it out and there were a few minor things - like the fastening on the footmuff but they seem to have changed this now - I'd use it again for another baby.

I spent a lot of time comparing the two before I bought the Silvercross. At the end of the day it costs less, comes with more (the changing bag and raincover), it's smaller (although not by much) and it's lighter but it's a good name still so you know you should be ok.

I don't have any regrets. I love it! I've heard people say it's not very stirdy but I thought the m&p was worse. It's nice and little so it's easy to move around shops & on public transport.

Really the only thing I have a problem with is how heavy it is but since it's still lighter than almost everything else out there I think I'm just a weakling.

I have the silvercross 3D and have no problems with it, its great and i love it, plus its still being voted best pram by mother and baby magazine

I used to love my silvercross 3D, I now hate it... in a sense.

I like the fact it looks quite stylish, but alot of features annoy me about it. Its extremeley heavy, Olivia grew out of the lay flat pram position very quickly, I also dont like the fact now that I cannot see her as she is in the forward facing postition, and you have to completely take the parasol clip offthe frame to fold the pushchair down, a tad annoying when its a sunny day and your stood in a car park unscrewing it all.

If I have another... I certainly wont use this pram again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->