Plus-Size Pregnancy

KEslinger

1 more makes us 4!
Reaction score
After searching for a plus-size pregnancy board for a while, and not being able to find anything, I made this thread. The board is open to everyone plus-sized on their journey to being a momma. :D

I'm 25 and expecting baby #1. Pre-pregnancy size 24. Our bean's EDD as of now is 6/8/12.
Share your plus-size concerns and advice.
We're only here to SUPPORT eachother!

A little about me and my bean:
-EDD 6/8/12.
-LMP 9/2/11.
-hcg @ 17dpo 81.
-hcg @ 19dpo 199.
-First prenatal appt + u/s scheduled for 9/27.
-I have PCOS, mild, and conceived after 10 months of trying (12 cycles, only 6 ovulatory).
-OH has perfect :spermy:.
-I got my :bfp: on 9/27 at 12dpo, and :bfn: at 10dpo.
-I've had spotting off and on since 4dpo; my doctor says this is nothing to worry about unless it's accompanied by cramping/pain, soaks a pad in an hour, or has a lot of clots or tissue. My spotting has been mainly a pinkish, sometimes brown, watered down. I've had d/c that's blood tinged looking cm, almost yellowish with no odor. I can go days without spotting but if we :dtd: I will spot after for the rest of the day. My scariest spotting has been RED, fresh blood, about the size of a quarter on the TP. Just once. But SO scary.
-So far, @ 5w3d my only symptoms so far have been sore tatas off and on, and a decrease in appetite. Nothing will sound or taste good. No real nausea, no hormone related vomiting.
-They had me on metformin starting on 9/8. They were trying to balance out my hormones with it as well as lower my fasting glucose. My fasting glucose is my only elevated glucose throughout the entire day. I did well on it until 9/30. After that point it started to make me vomit so I was advised to stop taking it.
-Because I don't have early scans or more blood tests, I worry. But, hey! I'm a momma now, and that's what momma's do! Due to this I find myself POAS with whatever I have left. Since I'm out of pregnancy test I use my old wondfo LH or ClearBlue Digitals. It is nice seeing a smiley face! The other day I used a wondfo and my test line was SO dark that it took almost all the dye. :happydance:
-We will be happy with EITHER gender. Everytime I have a dream I see a girl, but so far OH and I think it's a boy. We have a ways to go and I'm sure that'll change. :haha:

Anyway, feel free to join!

Please PM me with your info (Username, due date, baby #, team pink/yellow/blue) and I will add you to this intro!

KEslinger EDD: 6/8/12 Baby#1 :pink:

Me! Me!

My name is Brandy. I am normally a US size 24. I weighed 304lbs on the day I got my BFP. This is my 4th pregnancy. I have a 12yr old DD and a 5yr old DS. I have Type 2 Diabetes and have to maintain a strict low carb diet and regulate my blood sugar to a tee. I inject insulin and check my sugars several times a day. I have had 2 appts so far and everything is going great. I have lost 7lbs and my OB was thrilled. He said to continue what I am doing and let my body lose what it wants. I am determined to make it through this pregnancy healthy! Glad to meet you and I am looking forward to being a part of thi group!

Oh, I am due May 29th and have my first scan this coming Friday!

Thanks for joining! I'm just a little more than a week behind you. My weight jumps up and down by about 5 pounds. Between week 4 and 5 I had NO appetite and lost a few lbs came to about 277. Now I'm about 280 + or - (where I was before) depending on water consumption and what I've been eating. I need to start eating a lot better but absolutely nothing sounds good. And, if it doesn't sound good, it doesn't taste good, and then I don't eat. =( Never had this problem before. I'm going to go to the store and get some fruit and what not. Texture issues with stuff like lettuce and what not so far. I haven't been to my Dr yet, but we've been in touch. I know that the weight gain for someone who is "obese" is supposed to be between 11 and 20 lbs. I'm really trying to watch it. Technically my starting weight was about 285 so I'm still under. Not sure where the weight is coming or going from, but I've got to step it up and try to be a lot healthier. I know that'll be easier in the 2nd and 3rd trimester when my body is a little more used to the hormones. =)

Any tips on yummy, healthier, less-offending foods?

Lol, not really! My food is seriously boring. I eat lots of veggies, some fruit(grapes, blackberries, strawberries,grapefruit) and meat and cheese. That about it! Lol! My favorite thing at the moment is cottage cheese with splenda and grapes. Yum.

See, the chunks kill it for me. LOL. I can't do salty. I can't do different textures (they totally turn me off to food in general). Fruit sounds really good, actually. I've just gotta get to the store on Friday. The biggest problem is that NOTHING sounds good. I'll be sure to throw in a banana and string cheese for snacks. =) I want to be able to enjoy a salad with grilled chicken but I just can't right now. Hopefully that passes quickly so I can go about eating how I should. My friend turned me on to PB&J sandwiches and they actually didn't turn my appetite off. I'll have to switch it up and do PB&apple or banana. Make for a good solid breakfast anyway. We do a lot of leftovers for lunches the next day.

Yea, it can be pretty hard during the first tri. My problem is that I cant have anything with sugar in it or that turns to sugar quickly, so no bread, pasta, rice, flour, potatoes, bananas, watermelon, corn, carrots, etc. Really sucks! Lol!

I totally understand. Luckily for me only my fasting is higher than normal (and only usually between 109-120). I can control my sugars throughout the day for the most part with food. Even when I'm not eating "good" they stay pretty normal. As far as pasta goes have you tried Dreamfields Pasta? It's lowcarb and you can't tell the difference. When we're pinching pennies we spend the extra money for the pasta, it seems to go further, we put it with a meat, a sauce (light alfredo usually) with a veggie, sometimes in it such a mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, or served with a veggie as well. Good stuff. We also use the carb balance tortillas. I don't worry about the sugars that I get from fruits/veggies. More so non-complex carb sources. We eat wheat bread. Good news for me is that bread at one meal doesn't really affect me. Lucky for now I guess. I've gotta watch it though so it doesn't develop into gestational diabetes.

I'd like to join! But im a tad ahead my due date is april 1st and I am 15 weeks on the dot. I am 25 and where a size US14-16 prepreg and still. This is my first baby and I havent gained any weight. I am 5'11'' and weigh 230lbs.
Since I have noticed that some here are already mommy's I was wondering if i could ask you some questions about your previous pregnancies? When did you started gaining weight? Did your boobs get bigger (mine are already 38DDDs, how much bigger could they get)!!?? Could strangers tell that you were expecting and around what week did it show? could you feel the baby move on the outside of all the fat? I hope these questions arent too personal as I am dying to know. :flower:thank you!!:hugs:

Hello :)

I'm 24, size 20-22 us. First baby, I'm due may 10th! :thumbup:

I'd like to join! But im a tad ahead my due date is april 1st and I am 15 weeks on the dot. I am 25 and where a size US14-16 prepreg and still. This is my first baby and I havent gained any weight. I am 5'11'' and weigh 230lbs.
Since I have noticed that some here are already mommy's I was wondering if i could ask you some questions about your previous pregnancies? When did you started gaining weight? Did your boobs get bigger (mine are already 38DDDs, how much bigger could they get)!!?? Could strangers tell that you were expecting and around what week did it show? could you feel the baby move on the outside of all the fat? I hope these questions arent too personal as I am dying to know. :flower:thank you!!:hugs:

First of all, Welcome Maybe1daysoon!

This is my first so I often wonder the same thing. How have you maintained your weight? I've really gotta start watching it! Any food recommendations? And, being ahead is no biggie, since this is my first (and my thread!) Having people ahead of me gives me more advice in the end! :haha: When did you start feeling sick/getting symptoms? My symptoms come and go which I hear is completely normal. My problem right now is sometimes I am STARVING and other times I have no appetite and trying to eat something even as small as a string cheese makes my stomach hurt if I'm not hungry. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain my weight.

Hi all :) I am also a plus size girl, per-pregnancy size 24/26. So far I'm lucky and I haven't gained any weight yet, but it probably helps that I cant eat any cooked red meats or pork at the moment lol Would love to join the group :)

Hi all :) I am also a plus size girl, per-pregnancy size 24/26. So far I'm lucky and I haven't gained any weight yet, but it probably helps that I cant eat any cooked red meats or pork at the moment lol Would love to join the group :)

Welcome, Jules!
When's your due date?

First of all, Welcome Maybe1daysoon!

This is my first so I often wonder the same thing. How have you maintained your weight? I've really gotta start watching it! Any food recommendations? And, being ahead is no biggie, since this is my first (and my thread!) Having people ahead of me gives me more advice in the end! :haha: When did you start feeling sick/getting symptoms? My symptoms come and go which I hear is completely normal. My problem right now is sometimes I am STARVING and other times I have no appetite and trying to eat something even as small as a string cheese makes my stomach hurt if I'm not hungry. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain my weight.

Awesome! My weight has literally maintained itself infact ive lost a few. I eat when im hungry but right now I am really specific to what I want and can tolerate. I hae to eat EXACTLY what I want and literally wont eat anything else. I have been like this for weeks now. Additionally I seem to do much more night eating so you would think that weight would be pilling on, but its not. I never got bad morning sickness however I do vomit ever now and then, not everyday not even every week. probably 10-15 times whole preg. I have good days and bad days you could say. somedays I still dont even feel preg. lol. At my 12 week appt my doctor didnt seem concerned about me losing a few, we will have to see what happends at my 16 week next thursday.

the only food recc i have for after about 8 weeks is eat what tastes good to you and will stay down.

I wish I could give answers about my last pregnancies, but I wasn't overweight with either of them, so that probably wouldn't help. I weighed about 100lbs less with both of them! Lol! I can tell you that even though I have lost 7lbs, I currently look like I am 5mths pregnant from all the bloat!

Since I don't have an appetite I'm thinking about getting Glucerna shakes for breakfast to have with like a piece of fruit so I'm not skipping meals like crazy. Good idea? Bad idea?

I dont see why that would be bad. Just maybe check to see if they are PG safe just because of all the different vitamins and such that they have in them. But sounds like a good plan!

Eating breakfast is ALWAYS a good idea. i just got some honey crisp apples and I am addicted! I eat them with fruit loops in the am lol. most days I am not hungry for breakfast but sugary cereal always sound good. lol.

I wish I was hungry. I go from not hungry to starving. And, I'm skipping meals which is bad. I've gotta figure out some sort of balance. =\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->