Plus-Size Pregnancy

Jules, I am right there with you! I am a 24 prepreg! Hey, where in FLorida are you? We are neighbors!

hi im 28 and a size uk 18 but im only 5ft 4 so dont carry it well my due date is the 6th of june on my 25th birthday i was only a size 12 so this will be my 1st pregnancy starting big im not looking 4would to it and i really dont want to put on to much :( iv put on alot as i was very ill and spent 6 months in bed but after i was better it still went on and now im having baby number 4 iv put on a little already about 3lb now really thats alot for not even 6 weeks along hope ur all well

hi im 28 and a size uk 18 but im only 5ft 4 so dont carry it well my due date is the 6th of june on my 25th birthday i was only a size 12 so this will be my 1st pregnancy starting big im not looking 4would to it and i really dont want to put on to much :( iv put on alot as i was very ill and spent 6 months in bed but after i was better it still went on and now im having baby number 4 iv put on a little already about 3lb now really thats alot for not even 6 weeks along hope ur all well

No need to apologize for being a pleasantly plump woman :) If we were all meant to be a size 2 we would be lol Welcome:thumbup:

Jules, I am right there with you! I am a 24 prepreg! Hey, where in FLorida are you? We are neighbors!

I am in the Ft Lauderdale area!
So excited/nervous about tomorrow's appointment. I highly doubt they will do anything but schedule me for the next scan but it would be so exciting if I could make it there in time. Doubtful though seeing as I dont see the doc till 4:15pm. After 2 back to back miscarriages in 2005 I'm still nervous something will go wrong. Would be nice to just have a " normal" pregnancy :happydance::baby:

Just look how far you have already made it! You are going to have a perfect little bean!

Welcome to all the new ladies! A lot happens while I'm at work. I'm glad I started this thread, I couldn't find anything like it before. Big girls need love, too!

Hey girls. I'm a plus size momma to be too. I am 28 years old and a US 22. I lost about 120lbs before I got pregnant but am still right around the 270 mark. This is my first pregnancy and of course kinda worried.

Do any of you know of a goods place to find nursing bras?

Oh and I'm due around May 7th.

I've never been pregnant before so I don't know SQUAT about the quality of these bras. Read the reviews, some love them, some hate them. I'm not sure what size you're looking for.

Motherhood.com has some in their plus-size lingerie section. Their sizes don't go as high I don't think.

Lanebryant.com carries some of the bravado bras...

I found this site that carries some plus size nursing bras, too.

https://www.barenecessities.com/Nursing-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,style,12.htm

Check them out!

Hi everyone!!! Im 24 225lbs size 20, and pregnant withy my first :) i was 340lbs size 26 during ttc but since its took my 3 years to get my natural bfp ive managed to loose the extra lbs over the 3 years HAPPY DAYS!!!

Im 5 weeks 5 days today and have my first app with midwife on wed, making me 6 weeks so excited :) :) :)

Im having on/off period like cramps nothing major tho, its the sickly feeling and the not wanting to eat thats worse for me just now cos i LOVE my food lol i miss it, but just now the smells of all my fav foods are just horible lol

Looking forward to getting to know everyone xx

Congrats on your natural BFP and all the weight loss! I haven't been vomiting but I do have that sickly feeling... nothing sounds good. nothing smells good. nothing tastes good.

"morning sickness" hit me last night. I didn't sleep a wink... I was SO nauseated and almost wished I'd just vomit to make it go away (haha, RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!). That lasted through most of today. I ate about a handful of kix throughout my whole morning, half of my lunch which turned my stomach, and was finally able to eat and almost enjoy dinner. I grilled some chicken and made dreamfields penne pasta with a light alfredo sauce. Yum yum.

it's a vicious cycle. not feeling well so you don't eat. then being hungry but because you haven't eaten you're nauseated. LOL. gotta love it. I'd do anything for this bean though. I can't wait for my appointment. I've got another 2 and a half weeks to go! AH! I'm going to pull my hair out in the mean time. I want so bad to see the little bean and the heart beat... good news is I know around 8 weeks will be perfect timing for it.

I found out today that one of our clients is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital I go to. I mentioned that my doctors are out that way (not super close to where I work, so she asked if I lived out that way... we do!). She asked who, I mentioned my PCP and then my ob/gyn. She raved about my ob/gyn. She and another one are the head doctors there. YAY! She also said aside from her being a great doctor that she's very nice too. Works for me! :thumbup:

Hi hope u dont dont mind me posting but i am a size 24 also with type two diabeties and i am ttc our first if i do conceive this cycle i will be due july 4th hope its okay that i posted here

Hi hope u dont dont mind me posting but i am a size 24 also with type two diabeties and i am ttc our first if i do conceive this cycle i will be due july 4th hope its okay that i posted here

You're more than welcome here. Hopefully soon you'll be posting as "expecting"!!!

:dust: to you. It can be a very long and trying journey but definitely worth it in my opinion. All I can say is, don't give up! Are you on clomid or any other meds? How long have you been trying? (Sorry, I didn't get a good enough look at your signature before I started posting.) We tried for 12 cycles, 10 months, 6 ovulatory cycles. I saw an endrocrinologist on 9/2. They decided to start me on Metformin. I don't think that the metformin did it for me, I think it's coincidence. Most people need to be on it for at least a month before it takes effect. I used OPKs, if you can afford it, use them twice a day (if you're not on clomid, I hear clomid skews the results). This last cycle I took it in the evening to figure out what the hell was going on and ended up getting a positive. All my cycles before that I could only get a positive with FMU. Also, with PCOS, you can ovulate and get your spike, but sometimes it's a weak ovulation and the egg that is released isn't viable. =( I had wondfo's that I HATED. I never got dark lines on them like you're supposed to even when I KNEW I was ovulating. I bought a basal body thermometer 5 days before getting my BFP. LOL. What luck. I loved the clear blue digital OPKs, a smiley face is a lot easier to read than 2 lines. Which ones darker? Are the they same? Is the test darker?? Hah. It'll make you crazy. The only time I've gotten positives on the cheapies is when I already knew that I was pregnant. That was a good feeling, too. Don't give up!
:dust:

Hi guys ,

im 24 , size 14-16 . Really not looking forward to putting on the weight but ah well . I'm newly pregnant , 4 weeks . Sore boobs, mood swings and mild cramps but thats about it really . This is my second pregnancy , had a mc at 6 weeks , 2 years ago . Taking the pregnacare tablets and TRYING to eat healthy ... but damn i wish i could eat prawns and seafood .. going to miss that lol . xx

I am eating cooked shrimp like crazy, you can eat lots of seafood so long as its cooked properly... tuna, shark, some other stuff is bad but most shellfish and stuff is fine. I love seafood and definitely not giving it up!!

Me too!!

I am 26, size 22, pregnant with 1st. I feel I have put on loads of weight.. I couldnt fit into my work trousers at 6 weeks! I have seen midwife to register and have my booking in appt at 10 weeks and then one with consultant at 12 weeks (As i am obese over BMI 30) So I cant wait to hear about what i should be doing and what i am in for!! Like we dont already know the possible side effects!
Feeling good, eating fairly healthy and still walking the dog!!

Good luck ladies! xx

I was wearing maternity jeans @ five weeks, that's just because I am weirdly proportionate... I have no butt and all gut so pants never stay on me and its even worse now with all the extra bloat!

Hi everyone!!! Im 24 225lbs size 20, and pregnant withy my first :) i was 340lbs size 26 during ttc but since its took my 3 years to get my natural bfp ive managed to loose the extra lbs over the 3 years HAPPY DAYS!!!

Im 5 weeks 5 days today and have my first app with midwife on wed, making me 6 weeks so excited :) :) :)

Im having on/off period like cramps nothing major tho, its the sickly feeling and the not wanting to eat thats worse for me just now cos i LOVE my food lol i miss it, but just now the smells of all my fav foods are just horible lol

Looking forward to getting to know everyone xx

Congrats on your natural BFP and all the weight loss! I haven't been vomiting but I do have that sickly feeling... nothing sounds good. nothing smells good. nothing tastes good.

"morning sickness" hit me last night. I didn't sleep a wink... I was SO nauseated and almost wished I'd just vomit to make it go away (haha, RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!). That lasted through most of today. I ate about a handful of kix throughout my whole morning, half of my lunch which turned my stomach, and was finally able to eat and almost enjoy dinner. I grilled some chicken and made dreamfields penne pasta with a light alfredo sauce. Yum yum.

it's a vicious cycle. not feeling well so you don't eat. then being hungry but because you haven't eaten you're nauseated. LOL. gotta love it. I'd do anything for this bean though. I can't wait for my appointment. I've got another 2 and a half weeks to go! AH! I'm going to pull my hair out in the mean time. I want so bad to see the little bean and the heart beat... good news is I know around 8 weeks will be perfect timing for it.

I found out today that one of our clients is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital I go to. I mentioned that my doctors are out that way (not super close to where I work, so she asked if I lived out that way... we do!). She asked who, I mentioned my PCP and then my ob/gyn. She raved about my ob/gyn. She and another one are the head doctors there. YAY! She also said aside from her being a great doctor that she's very nice too. Works for me! :thumbup:

Morning sickness was one thing I didn't get. You always want what you can't have. Not feeling sicky has made me eat a TON and I feel huge all the time especially with the slower digestive system!!

Hi Ladies! I'm Kendra, 27, I am currently a size US16-18. I have been this weight for a few years, before I got married I was more of a 12-14 but I blame my husband (haha). We are pregnant with our first, my Dr hasn't even commented on my weight which I think is interesting, as I am considered obese, but I do carry it well. I carry a lot in my stomach but with high waisted pants it sucks in a bit. So I don't look the 231 that I weigh. That and so far during my appointments I have weighed between 231 and 243 so I am rocking 10 lbs of bloat on and off... yuck!

I am also interested in when you ladies start showing. I can personally tell my belly is changing but who knows when people will start noticing. When I tell people I'm pregnant now they ask if I know what it is yet :/ or the first thing they do is look at your belly and I feel like I have to say, "no, its not what you're thinking, I'm fat, and very early in pregnancy". I was asked many times over the last few years when I was due. When I wasn't pregnant. So I'll probably be about to pop before anyone notices :(

This was my 7 week bump... as you can see I carry much weight up front, and could be mistaken for a lot farther along than I really am.

Attachments

• IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 58
LOL, Kendra... I gorged at dinner tonight. I haven't been able to eat a meal... unless it's something horrible for me like chicken nuggets (those are the only thing that sounds good, not just any kind... McDonalds. LOL YIKES!) It's nice to be able to eat at least one meal a day. And, I don't feel guilty for the amount I ate. It wasn't some ungodly amount. And, it's super low carb pasta, and light sauce, and lean protein. I need to get to the store to pick up some fruit. Most veggies right now are making me super nauseated. Not even just taste. But smell. And TEXTURE. I welcome my nausea only because I know it's pregnancy related, and I've wanted this for SO long. When I found out earlier last month that my chances were super low naturally, it was disheartening. I'd have to lose a lot of weight and go through IUI or IVF. We decided we wouldn't go that route anyway... we'd just keep on trying. I remember when I tested, too. 2 days before it was negative. But, I still had NO appetite. And, WEIRD CM. (TMI alert) It was like clumps of cloudy cm that was blood tinged. I've never ever had anything like this before. Ever. I spotted for a long time, and still spot a little bit every now and then. I'm used to spotting with my PCOS between cycles. That was my only irregular bleeding, my cycles were pretty regular. But, my spotting was different. It'd start out pink in the morning and slowly fade away over the day. Day after day after day. Spotting. The nothing for a day or two. And then that weird CM. I had a clump of that once a day for 3 days. Weird. My doctor told me not to worry about it, even though it scares the hell out of me when I see it and have that moment of "oh my god. what's wrong with my baby?!"

I guess I should take my dog out...

Night ladies!

It's only the nuggets. And, I like sweet n sour sauce, but apparently bean likes them plain. Haha. Can you attach a picture of your 8 week ultrasound in a post? I want to show OH what we should be seeing come the 27th

So at 10dpo I got a :bfn:
At 12dpo I got these:
PREGNANT.jpg

Note the BARELY visible positive on the wondfo.

At 18dpo I got this on a wondfo...
18dpo.jpg

Needles to say I was pleasantly surprised. I never took pictures of the answer ones (the ones that look like FRER), but the pink lines are still on there. I never considered myself a POAS addict, but since I've found out that I'm pregnant I've kinda proved it. I will randomly take what's left of my tests (wondfo LH or CB Digital). I love seeing how dark the test line is compared to the barely there control. Haha, It's like my positive takes all the dye or something. Best part is, I went to the bathroom before I left work (after 6pm) and took the wondfo tonight with like 2 drops of pee before 7 and still got that super dark line. :haha: Oh boy... I need to find something to make me stop peeing on these things...

Hi! I am Ally and I am a us size 16 pre-pregnancy. My breasts are already growing I y feel bloated. I was really scared to start off this big pre-pregnancy. I am so glad someone made this post! Makes me feel so much better to know I am not alone.

Hi ladies!! I'm 23yrs old 5'9" size 22 and we are expecting our first!! I've actually lost about 10lbs since becoming pregnant but my pants don't fit anymore!! It's mostly bloat but it sucks that none of my pants fit already! I've seen my Dr. three times now because of some spotting early on but the baby is doing great with a healthy hb of 169. Dr hasn't really mentioned my weight except to tell me that I should strive to only gain 15-20lbs throughout my pregnancy. My blood sugar has been low so I am required to have small meals every 2 or so hours to keep my sugar up but that's about it. Super excited to talk to all you ladies!!

Hi! I am Ally and I am a us size 16 pre-pregnancy. My breasts are already growing I y feel bloated. I was really scared to start off this big pre-pregnancy. I am so glad someone made this post! Makes me feel so much better to know I am not alone.

That's why I made this thread... I kept searching for plus size pregnancy but there was NOTHING. I know there are biggers girls out there, and we all need support.

Caseita... from week 3-4w5d I had lost about 8lbs (285 to 277) because I had no appetite at all. As of this morning I'm about 281. My level of bloat changes day to day by about 5 pounds, so we'll see. And, thinks to the slower digestion I could quite possibly be a pound less. :haha: My body is still hanging on to my dinner, I've never had that problem before... And, I don't have a problem with constipation (yet). But, then again, dinner was my only "real" meal yesterday, I wasn't able to eat breakfast or finish my small lunch. I'm trying to not gain much, I know for the "obese" people they say 15-20 pounds for the whole pregnancy. I'm surprisingly not nauseated this morning, but, also not hungry. Hmmm. I really want this pregnancy to be a healthy one. I need to stock up on fruit. And, low fat string cheese. Something to eat for lunch when I can't eat.

Hello ladies!

I'm Emma, 21, 10weeks preggo (due around 7th May 2012) and a size 20-22, lost nearly 2 stone before I got my BFP :happydance:

This is my first ever pregnancy and I'm just getting used to it! OH is lovely and supportive. I have my dating scan in less than a week :)

8 week scan

Attachments

• 291838_10150311845686541_629181540_8524909_897038775_n.jpg
    291838_10150311845686541_629181540_8524909_897038775_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member