Plus-Size Pregnancy

i know it sounds weird but for me eating breakfast makes me get hungry during the day. if i dont eat breakfast i could easily go until 2 oclock without eating. when I do eat breakfast i am starving by noon. i also noticed that eating HELPS the constipation.

I think I'm plus size. What is the size range ?

Hey girls. I'm a plus size momma to be too. I am 28 years old and a US 22. I lost about 120lbs before I got pregnant but am still right around the 270 mark. This is my first pregnancy and of course kinda worried.

Do any of you know of a goods place to find nursing bras?

Oh and I'm due around May 7th.

I would love to join you ladies. I'm 27, 5'2", and...what, 230lbs? I'm a size 18, sometimes a 20. Before my first pregnancy I lost 30lbs and was almost a perfect size 16. With my last pregnancy, I gained weight really quickly, and was bloated as heck. I put on about 10lbs in 11 weeks and looked, felt, and my clothes fit like I gained 20lbs. My face put on so much chub.
After I lost her, I couldn't eat for a while, but I gained about another 5lbs from depression.

I am shocked and nervous that I got pregnant on my first try, with my first full cycle since the miscarriage. I'm about...I don't know, 3-5lbs lighter than my heaviest since the pregnancy. I'm not in a healthy eating headspace, and I know I need to exercise more. I'd love to join the gym, but I'm not sure It's a good idea to begin an exercise regimine in early pregnancy. I'll see what my doctor says.

I'll be going sometime this week for my first blood test, and will probably have my first scan the end of next week or almost two weeks from now when I'll be about 6 weeks.

Anyhoo, that's me for now. Nice to meet you ladies.

Welcome to all the new ladies!! I am so excited about this group!!

Welcome Kahlua, TwinsFan and Apres! We're about to wrap up for bed around here - gotta take the dog out and what not. Hope you all have a great night. I should be back on tomorrow night and then again all day Tuesday! H&H9 to all!

Yep, I'm off to bed too! Kids have school tomorrow. Why did I decided to have car riders? Lol!

Hi ladies, I am 36. This is my first pregnancy. My starting weight was 185. I am a size 14/16. I am due June 1. All I know is that I don't have morning sickness yet and all I want to do is eat. I can't stop. Now I'm concerned that I will gain too much during pregnancy. I just went shopping today and brought healthy stuff so hopefully I will be better but I find myself at the drive in windows alot. Help!

Hello! I'm 37 and this is my first pregnancy too. I'm a UK size 20/22 and so far I have managed not to gain any weight at all. I am trying to stick to a really healthy diet. Due 5th May 2012 :)

Hi all!! I'm 32, UK size 18 (210lb), just over 6w along, due 1st June. Would love to join in! It's not my first pregnancy (ectopic 4 years ago, crisis, surgery, terrible experience), but it's the first where it's wanted. Second early scan tomorrow, fingers crossed!

No weight gain so far, but my first (inconclusive) scan last week showed a 5cm ovarian cyst, and I swear I can feel it pressing against my other bits. MS comes and goes, seems to be triggered by full fat dairy, so no ice cream for me. Pickles and cheese, though .... MMMMM, drooling just thinking about it!!

Hi everyone!!! Im 24 225lbs size 20, and pregnant withy my first :) i was 340lbs size 26 during ttc but since its took my 3 years to get my natural bfp ive managed to loose the extra lbs over the 3 years HAPPY DAYS!!!

Im 5 weeks 5 days today and have my first app with midwife on wed, making me 6 weeks so excited :) :) :)

Im having on/off period like cramps nothing major tho, its the sickly feeling and the not wanting to eat thats worse for me just now cos i LOVE my food lol i miss it, but just now the smells of all my fav foods are just horible lol

Looking forward to getting to know everyone xx

Hi guys ,

im 24 , size 14-16 . Really not looking forward to putting on the weight but ah well . I'm newly pregnant , 4 weeks . Sore boobs, mood swings and mild cramps but thats about it really . This is my second pregnancy , had a mc at 6 weeks , 2 years ago . Taking the pregnacare tablets and TRYING to eat healthy ... but damn i wish i could eat prawns and seafood .. going to miss that lol . xx

Me 25 Hubby 31, It's our first baby, due on my birthday the 27th of April. Started out at 198 and have stayed there. That for me is a UK 18 (US 14 I am American living in Scotland due to marrying a Scotsman). I seem to carry my weight okay but have a bit of a round tummy so I don't want alot of people to guess how pregnant I am as they will guess further along. Though my husband disagrees, rose tinted glasses me thinks. I can't wait for the fat to change to mostly baby. Have been eating pretty well lately not too sick and I just now feel like myself again. I spent several weeks feeling hungover all the time. :thumbup:

Me too!!

I am 26, size 22, pregnant with 1st. I feel I have put on loads of weight.. I couldnt fit into my work trousers at 6 weeks! I have seen midwife to register and have my booking in appt at 10 weeks and then one with consultant at 12 weeks (As i am obese over BMI 30) So I cant wait to hear about what i should be doing and what i am in for!! Like we dont already know the possible side effects!
Feeling good, eating fairly healthy and still walking the dog!!

Good luck ladies! xx

Yay!! Welcome everyone! Wow! A lot of older mommies! I am 34. I will be 35 when the baby comes.

Hi im 32yes old, this is my 4th pregnancy as I mc in jan 2010 I have pcos and overweight 223lbs size 22 uk. I was on metformin last pregnancy which helped me concieve but stopped it at 6wks into the pregnancy but ended up with gestational diabetes at 29 wks ... Megan's nearly 5 months old and we decided to try after Xmas for #3 but as I have pcos I didn't want to use pill of anything as I wanted my hormones to settle but I got caught which was a nice suprise as before megan I wasn't always ovulating so I'm hoping I've released a strong egg! Guess time will tell! I didn't realy have any probs with my last pregnancy due to my weight so I'm hoping this will be the same.....

Hello ladies!!!! I am 5'11" and size US 22.....I was a bit heavier during TTC, but lost quite a bit in a family competition (that I'm still in actually!). Still hoping to lose some, but not dieting anymore. I am still working out, and hopefully that doesn't mess up anything.

Haven't been to the doc yet (they wouldn't see me until 8 weeks!!), but pretty sure my due date is around 6/13/12, although based on my LMP they'll tell me I'm due 6/3/12. Either way, I'm pretty close to the rest of you ladies.

I turned 30 earlier this year, and this is our first, although I have a history of miscarriages and PCOS. I am SO SO SO excited, as we've been TTC for 10 months, but still very nervous about making it to the 12 week mark. We are keeping our fingers crossed and haven't told a soul except for my sister who was there when I took the HPT. :)

Since I'm already rockin some belly flab (eek! it's painful just to type those words! lol), I find myself wondering if/when I'll "look" pregnant or have a bump. I'm guessing it will be quite some time, like 20 weeks or so....anyone else wonder the same thing or am I just crazy?

Okay, well I'll end my novel here. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you ladies! Thanks for reading! :D

Hello everyone!

I'm 27 and a UK 20 and currently cooking number 1!
EDD is 9th June.
Had my first doctors appointment last week, where I found out that, as suspected I'm a high risk pregnancy (my health issues alone would guarantee that, however my size has made it doubly so). I have my booking in appointment with the midwife on 1st Nov.

Having lots of cramps at the moment, which are worrying and annoying me in equal measures. Also ridiculously tired - but that's nothing new!

Looking forward to hearing about all of your wonderful experiences xx

I am 36 and the OH is 44 ! I am feeling a litle chubby being the only 24/26 lol ah wells :haha: As for the actual due date I was told the " end of april" but that was during an emergency ultrasound. I had a botched ultrasound 2 weeks ago and was told by the idiot tech that I had a 7 week empty sac and had miscarried. Low and behold the next day after a proper scan I had a healthy Bean with a heart rate averaging between 145-165 ( I was hysterically crying with joy during the 145 reading lol oops and was moving too much for a good read)
Tomorrow I have my actual first real OB appt since my scare, and hopefully my quad scan and my 12 week NT scan will be scheduled. Doc has already labeled me high risk because of " advanced maternal age" .. I dont feel old though :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->