Plus-Size Pregnancy

Hi Ladies,

I have a small question. Someone uttered to me (quite rudely and nearly got poked in the eye) that because of my size i am likely to get induced early. Was this/ is this the case for any of you guys?

My GTT was fine and not had other problems other than SPD and my midwife hasn't said anything about it yet so I was just wondering.

:flower:

Not necessarily so, emmi. Everything I've read about it says that it's a bad idea to be induced when you're plus size.

Does anyone have any suggestions on exercising in this heat?? I've been dieting (and failing) since I was a teenager. At 12 weeks I've gained 11 lb and was told by my OB that it would be best if I didn't gain any weight (and in fact would be an easier delivery if I lost some of the fat). But my goodness I can't even step outside without wanting to drink a gallon of water and wilt like a flower.

Hi Ladies,

I have a small question. Someone uttered to me (quite rudely and nearly got poked in the eye) that because of my size i am likely to get induced early. Was this/ is this the case for any of you guys?

My GTT was fine and not had other problems other than SPD and my midwife hasn't said anything about it yet so I was just wondering.

:flower:

I was diagnosed with preeclampsia @ 37 weeks & induced that day. I was fine the rest of the pregnancy and its not size related. They do say that for whatever reason obese women are more likely to have csections but that goes hand in hand with gestational diabetes.. Dont worry, relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Not necessarily so, emmi. Everything I've read about it says that it's a bad idea to be induced when you're plus size.

Does anyone have any suggestions on exercising in this heat?? I've been dieting (and failing) since I was a teenager. At 12 weeks I've gained 11 lb and was told by my OB that it would be best if I didn't gain any weight (and in fact would be an easier delivery if I lost some of the fat). But my goodness I can't even step outside without wanting to drink a gallon of water and wilt like a flower.

Walk in an air conditioned mall, swimming... Swimming is really good exercise and is easy on your joints. I can see your doctor stressing on not gaining too much but dont try to lose while youre pregnant. Eat healthy, lots of fruits & veggiees!!! & exercise lightly.. It will maje you feel better too. If you havent been exercising this whole time and prior to pregnancy please take it easy.

I wouldn't worry so much about exercising as I would about making sure you're feeding yourself well and giving the baby as much nutrients as possible. Besides, if you can't let yourself go just a tiny bit when you're pregnant, when CAN you?

As for the induction, so not true. I am overweight and I went into labor naturally at 38 weeks and 4 days. Even at my 38 week appointment my Dr was not concerned at all about me going to 40 if the baby wanted it that way. My sister was NOT overweight and she has GDD and kidney problems and she is HUGE already at 33 weeks she's bigger than I was. She may get induced early as her baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead. So that goes to show that every pregnancy is different and has a different process. Just relax and enjoy it- trust me, I wish I could have some of those pregnancy days back when he was still inside my belly!

Thanks ladies, I was kind of torn between being happy about induction and worried about it. Obviously its best if he comes when he wants to but I would really love for pregnancy to be over lol.

As for exercise, see of your local pool does aqua aerobics. Its FAB! Easy on joints and can be a really good laugh :) x

Ladies, I'm thinking about knickers after the birth, any suggestions?? I was looking at disposable but don't think they do them big enough

Hi there! At my hospital, they provide disposables. But for home use, I'm thinking of getting some big undies a size or two up, and using big pads, possibly the kind for incontinence. :blush:

Ladies, I'm going in for induction on Saturday evening! She'll be 39 weeks. I'm getting excited and nervous, can't believe it's almost time! I'm so uncomfortable, and can't sleep well because everything hurts and my arms fall asleep and tingle. So I feel lucky for myself that she's getting evicted early. I do wish she could stay in there until she's ready to come out, but they don't risk type 2 diabetic moms going to full term because the placenta degrades sooner, and can lose function quickly. Don't want to mess around with that!

Ladies, I'm thinking about knickers after the birth, any suggestions?? I was looking at disposable but don't think they do them big enough

They make disposable panties? I've never heard of such a thing.
I'm think snug granny panties will be the most comfortable and keep that giant pad in place

Ladies, I'm going in for induction on Saturday evening! She'll be 39 weeks. I'm getting excited and nervous, can't believe it's almost time! I'm so uncomfortable, and can't sleep well because everything hurts and my arms fall asleep and tingle. So I feel lucky for myself that she's getting evicted early. I do wish she could stay in there until she's ready to come out, but they don't risk type 2 diabetic moms going to full term because the placenta degrades sooner, and can lose function quickly. Don't want to mess around with that!

No why risk it. She will be plenty big and healthy at 39 wks! Good luck!

Her scan on Tuesday put her at 7lbs 10oz, so if she's close to that, we'll be good. ;)

I bought cheap boyshorts at kmart. The hospital mesh ones are great. I was worried the wouldnt fit but they stretch just fine. Make sure panties are snug. Big pads... I didnt do the ones for incontinence... nd didnt bleed like crazy for too long. Always makes big pads, theyre purple, the long overnight ones... Theyre 15 inches long. Snag as many as you can from the hospital. I quivkly switched to kotex overnights... A tad smaller, then to the always uktrathins... The orange ones when I was just spotting... Just in case it turned into more.

wasn't a huge fan of the panties but when you're wearing a giant pad does comfort really matter? lol. my hospital also had the big kotex overnights and they were great. i was done bleeding after about three weeks, but i stopped breastfeeding at 9 days old so that was part of why i bled less i think.

Our hospital doesn't give knickers, I will have a look some big ones lol

I just went for some massive cheap pants that go over my bump, so they'll be huge when bumps gone! lol

Hows everyone doing?

Im worrying..... im really peed off as well... this time last year i had lost 6 stone on lighter life and now i have put it all back on.... my BMI is 40 and i feel awful always lethargic and no energy i worry this will affect my baby.... anyone else similar BMI to me xx

Just a heads up... Your bmi is NOT accurate while pregnant. It only takes into consideration weight being fat. It doesnt allow for baby, fluid, increase of blood, breast tissue etc. if youre worried about it discuss it with your doc. Make sure youre eating healthy (pregnancy isnt a free meal ticket and drastic changes in diet with fatty foods can lead to problems with other organs like your liver,, gall bladder and pancreas), and, be suure that your blood pressure is in check. Continue with moderate exercise, swimming, walking, etc. youre going to get tired easier, your body is busy growing a baby. Do you seem to have swelling? I ebded up with toxemia/preE at the end and never felt bad but I have friends who had minor swelling, lethargy and just gennerally didnt feel good. After bloodwork found out they had toxemis and were induced(mine only showed on 24 hour urine - was just starting) so sorry for typos my phone tries to catch up after doing nothing and im too tired to go back and fix everything. But def disccuss with your doc, more so if you gain like 5# in 1 week without over eating. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->