Plus size & pregnant join here

Wow what a lovely night! Was that after trying colic relief stuff or did you not need it?

I could refuse the epidural but they've kind of scared me into it lol
They told me that if Ernie doesn't go head down after Bert is out, someone needs to manually manipulate him to a better position. Internally. So they'd be elbow deep in my girl parts which I'd really want to be numb for :( Also if I don't have it in place at the start, and I need an emcs, they'll just put me under general anaesthetic so I won't be conscious for delivery and DH won't be allowed in either. So I'm thinking an epi is maybe the compromise I have to go with.

Jenny, hope you're feeling better soon hun
Krafty, GOOD LUCK!!! :D

2 more weeks till he is home :happydance: :happydance:... hopsital tour was ok nothing spectacular lol

MiL went with me coz dh is away, @ 1 point they started discussing visiting hours..which is normally 8am - 8 pm here, then 1 of the ladies asked if she gave birth @ 10pm does family have to wait till next day to come see the baby?? to which the nurse replied no they are welcome anytime really we cant turn them away :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:( i wish she didnt say that).........

To which my MIL replied oh so i can come as soon as i want!!! :saywhat::gun::gun::gun:
i ignored her & said nothing... then in the car she was telling Fil that they can come see baby as soon as she is here coz no 1 will turn them away, she said it all smug :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:.. & how she wants to be there asap... to which i replied yes that is what the nurse said not me :smug:!!!!

i was fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy::hissy::hissy::devil::devil::devil::grr::grr::grr::grr: we not letting anybody know when it does happen they will know after everything has happened & i have bonded with baby :sulk:.... but that is going to be difficult coz SIL works in maternity ward bringin food to people & i know she will let MIL know if im there... i just want to cry :sad2::sad2::brat::brat::help::help::help:

I wish I can just wait to see the baby's gender then knowing but my moms persuring me on it she gets discouraged when I tell her I don't want to know what the gender is she's so annoying I wish people could just respect the fact that I want the baby's gender a surprise any one gone with the same thing or is going with the same thing any advice and then on the other hand I do and I don't want to find out up to a certain time though not till birth so I can make a gender sprizzzzzz part oh u guys and about the consolation omg it got so bad that I had to go to the E.R there I had to deal with a slow docter that looked homeless lol lecturing me that this "isn't my job ur pushing me over my limits constipation isn't a emergency " it was very painful and here she was telling me that it wasn't a emergency but then I called my midwif and she gave me medicine over the conter

2 more weeks till he is home :happydance: :happydance:... hopsital tour was ok nothing spectacular lol

MiL went with me coz dh is away, @ 1 point they started discussing visiting hours..which is normally 8am - 8 pm here, then 1 of the ladies asked if she gave birth @ 10pm does family have to wait till next day to come see the baby?? to which the nurse replied no they are welcome anytime really we cant turn them away :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:( i wish she didnt say tha t).........

To which my MIL replied oh so i can come as soon as i want!!! :saywhat::gun::gun::gun:
i ignored her & said nothing... then in the car she was telling Fil that they can come see baby as soon as she is here coz no 1 will turn them away, she said it all smug :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:.. & how she wants to be there asap... to which i replied yes that is what the nurse said not me :smug:!!!!

i was fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy::hissy::hissy::devil::devil::devil::grr::grr::grr::grr: we not letting anybody know when it does happen they will know after everything has happened & i have bonded with baby :sulk:.... but that is going to be difficult coz SIL works in maternity ward bringin food to people & i know she will let MIL know if im there... i just want to cry :sad2::sad2::brat::brat::help::help::help:
It usually ends up nice though we ladies plann so much things and it never happens if u have family but it usually ends up nice I know how u feel I been through the same thing but it was worse my aunts a docter at the hospital I give birth at and there was no way were I could make it a family bond me my husband and baby I tryed but then I need up breaking my water at 32 weeks at my parents lol so I was sent to the hospital and they scaduled my birth at 34 weeks and every one found out thanks to my big mouth aunt and mom lol but at the end I didn't regrat my mom to be there I asked my husband if he could go away cuz I didn't want him to see me in pain but he said yes and he actually stayed behind the curtains he didn't leave he was there all that time so when I pushed out the baby my husband came out from behind the currants and I was surprised by my husband and the baby lol it was painful but worth it even though I scared now because I have to go through it again plz help any one have any advic and good luck Hun

Any ones second pregncy or third or even forth I'm scard to death now that I have to deal with the same pain any advice btw my prgnecy with my daughter was 34 weeks induced and all natural so no aperdorl does the aperdorl really help and any advice btw my labor only lasted seven hours any advice I know I'm early in pregncy to be worried but HELP I've been day dreaming all along about it

I think it's natural hun to be scared of the pain. My first reaction when i found out i was pg again was "shiiit childbirth" lol... I wasn't induced so I don't know how that feels but I didn't have an epidural with Toby. It hurt but not for long. Don't focus on the 7 hours of labour. Focus on that moment afterwards. That rush when the pain instantly goes away and you have your baby.
I'm having the opposite problem. I'm afraid of the epidural. The pain made it easier to control. I'm a little scared of not feeling contractions properly.

As for family wanting to know the sex or visit earlier... DO IT YOUR WAY. My entire family are pressuring and guilt tripping me into revealing the babies' names. It's not gonna happen. Until the boys are born, they are Bert and Ernie. Nobody is gonna twist my or DHs arm. It's what we want and we know people are disappointed but the day they are born it'll all be forgotten.
And I will be telling the maternity ward that I want no visitors until I say so. That way, family can arrive "any time they want" but they won't get to see us any earlier than I want. Might be worth doing the same thing sparkle?

Just got back from hospital.

Niamh is now 5lb 11 and doing fine.

Section is booked for 23rd of April :-D so excited.

Awww I bet its exciting to have a date. I wish I had a date so I wouldn't be so nervous as to how babies coming lol.

Just got back from hospital.

Niamh is now 5lb 11 and doing fine.

Section is booked for 23rd of April :-D so excited.

it must be so nice to have a date for baby, im a tiny bit jealous :blush:
im due the 22nd April but i dont think baby is going to wait that long :winkwink:...

Cottleston - yeah we have been giving him infacol before every feed and it seems to be working wonders :D So going to keep going with it as the longer you use it the better it works and hopefully we will have no more episodes of bad pain for him <3
You could get them to put the epidural line in hun but tell them not to put anything in it :thumbup: That way if you need an epidural they just have to inject the stuff.. and if you dont then they can just take the tube back out. :thumbup: I wonder why they wouldnt even try give you a spinal though if you needed an EMCS... surely if you and babies were not in immediate danger then they could take 5 mins to try get a spinal in before deciding to go for a general :shrug:
Good on you hun for sticking by your decision. I wish we hadn't slipped up with babies sex. but i suppose only a few knew so we didnt do too bad.. and everyone spent the whole time since my 20 week scan pressuring us to tell them.

Sparkle - just tell the maternity staff that you permit no visitors until you say so. That way they can turn up but they will be turned away. Just make sure you tell every single midwife who is dealing with you that you are not allowing visitors. Or even better do what i did and write in on your hospital notes ;) I had it wrote on the front who was allowed to come and visit and when. Hopefully your hospital will be like mine and people have to buzz a thing to gain access to the maternity/labor wards and then you say into an intercom who you are and who you are there to see. And deff good idea about not telling people until after baby is here and you have bonded. A few people got peeved off that we didnt tell them until the evening time but i just said tuff shite. The friend who had been pressuring me said "you could have text me earlier.. i was at the hospital at 2pm".. to which she got "I was not long out of theatre so you wouldnt have been getting in anyway"
oh and as for your SIl.. hopefully she wont know your there hun. You wont get meals brought into your room whilst your in labor so she has no need to come into your room and your name wont be on meal plans. Your room prob will just have a number on the door and not your name :) But worth asking your midwife about that and just explain to her about the situation.. see what she says.

massoma - I agree with cottleston hun. Dont think about the pain now.. or if you do just think of it as each pain is one closer to your baby arriving. The epidural is hit or miss hun, it has a 50/50 chance of working. I had one with Seth but it failed. :hugs:

Jenny - great news about Niamh and gz on getting your date booked!!

I wonder how Krafty is getting on.. im so excited to see an update!

Hey ladies. Im ok now Jennie. just very now and then i get this pain. Ill say to midwife again tomorrow if she's worried then probs get sent to hospital but hey ho. She'll have her theory on it lol could be just my pelvis like she said but it only happens every now and then and not every day. But when i do get it, its like i need to loo.

my stomach goes sore when i feel like i need to poop lol or turns out to be gas. How classy is pregnancy eh. Think i might have a bath i can just relax in them for a little bit.

Ive not use the ball since tuesday and i wasnt on it very long. Not sure how much it works either. Can't wait for my next app which is 2 weeks today. if im still pregnant that is lol.

Yeah it is super exciting :-D just over a month and she will be here. I can't wait to give her a cuddle.

Now to concentrate on getting rid of this infection

Yeah it is super exciting :-D just over a month and she will be here. I can't wait to give her a cuddle.

Now to concentrate on getting rid of this infection

I been that feeling of waiting for her to sleep in my lap my baby was born premature so she had to stay in the hospital instill she was better I wish this time it will be a full term and a healthy baby prey for me girls

I have a question ladies which is more painfully full term baby or premature baby that had little water my water was broken from 2 week befor I delivers her just wanted to know the difference

I don't have experience to answer that hun but I've heard bigger babies are easier to push out. Hopefully you get a full term bub this time!

DH is having a tough time putting Toby down. Little man is in a stinker of a mood. Just tired though hopefully... I don't wanna tag in, I'm shattered and have a buttload of washing to put away.

Had my growth scan Fallon is measuring 3lbs and 8ozs I guess putting her in the 64th percentile. I have my MW appointment tomorrow and hopefully she will go over the details with me of the scan. I got a lot of very awesome pictures of her.

Had my growth scan Fallon is measuring 3lbs and 8ozs I guess putting her in the 64th percentile. I have my MW appointment tomorrow and hopefully she will go over the details with me of the scan. I got a lot of very awesome pictures of her.

It's always nice when u get pictures the other day I was day dreaming about if I was rich I was like the first thing I would have is a ultrasound just to see my little one lol I know I'm crazy lol but then I snapped out of it and was back to normal in no time lol. Girls I meant to say my own ultrasound Michene at home my own little. One like a heart dopl lol

I don't have experience to answer that hun but I've heard bigger babies are easier to push out. Hopefully you get a full term bub this time!

DH is having a tough time putting Toby down. Little man is in a stinker of a mood. Just tired though hopefully... I don't wanna tag in, I'm shattered and have a buttload of washing to put away.

Thanks for the positive reply its in my head now that bigger baby's are easer to push out finally a positive thought thank u

Well I am by no means rich, I just got sent for a growth scan. You never get ultrasounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->