Plus size & pregnant join here

I was induced with my daughter and it was labor that's all I can say the contractions were double but by the time I knew it was all over it speeded things up

aww Cottleston :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: that really puts things on their head doesn't it. You were so phyced up for a section. I think really you need to sit and think whether you could handle the possibility of needing an EMCS for twin 2 and being away from Twin 1 whilst that happens.
I was terrified of that though and thats why i went against vaginal delivery with Ethan. I didn't want to risk anything going wrong and needing an emcs when i could have a nice peaceful planned section. I dont know if I told you guys but the night before my section I'd got scared when talking to the doc because he scared me with the whole "well as a bigger woman it might be unlikely i can do a spinal so there is a high chance we will have to put you to sleep" and i said i didnt want to be put to sleep. So we started talking about just leaving me to go naturally... but then he told me the high odds of having the same dificulties as i had last time and it ending up in an EMCS where id have no choice but to be put to sleep and would take twice as long to recover if my body has had to go through labor first. I was also told i would probably need to be induced... which was a no-no for me... after last time and now after doing lots of internet searching i know that inductions often lead to more complications and i didnt want to go through all of that again.

I sound so awful telling you all that incase it just adds to your worries but Id rather you knew what a doctor has said in advance, although your docs might have a completely different mind set to what mine had. I think mine had something against bigger woman being pregnant to be honest. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Sorry if thats just made you more worried hun.

usaf - woot 8lb sounds pretty good. I Love the fact that the seperate times were 6oz apart.. just shows how out they can be. I'm glad Fallons kidneys are no worse though :D thats great news :flower:

PinkPickle - what a lovely scan photo!!! I love the fact you can see babies hands! Its so darn cute :cloud9:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun... I spoke to DH last night and he's been super supportive. I thought he'd want me to try natural but he's actually on the side of elective c section.
There's a whole bunch of reasons that I'm going to write down to show the consultant.

1) I've been mentally preparing myself for weeks and changing things is gonns send my anxiety off the chart
2) I don't want induction
3) I don't want a vaginal birth with epidural (which my hospital insists on for twins) as it increases the risk of emcs
4) Toby had trouble coming out and got distressed so I had to be cut and only narrowly avoided a section- I don't want to be cut and then need an emcs... Double healing!
5) even if I try natural, the idea of manually turning Ernie or doing a breech extraction if they can't turn him makes me feel a bit sick

Thanks for letting me know what the doc said about anaesthesia hun. They've not mentioned anything to me but I don't get to meet the guy til the evening before the CS.
Did you get your spinal in the end? I don't recall you saying you were put to sleep for it.

Thanks hun... I spoke to DH last night and he's been super supportive. I thought he'd want me to try natural but he's actually on the side of elective c section.
There's a whole bunch of reasons that I'm going to write down to show the consultant.

1) I've been mentally preparing myself for weeks and changing things is gonns send my anxiety off the chart
2) I don't want induction
3) I don't want a vaginal birth with epidural (which my hospital insists on for twins) as it increases the risk of emcs
4) Toby had trouble coming out and got distressed so I had to be cut and only narrowly avoided a section- I don't want to be cut and then need an emcs... Double healing!
5) even if I try natural, the idea of manually turning Ernie or doing a breech extraction if they can't turn him makes me feel a bit sick

Thanks for letting me know what the doc said about anaesthesia hun. They've not mentioned anything to me but I don't get to meet the guy til the evening before the CS.
Did you get your spinal in the end? I don't recall you saying you were put to sleep for it.

Well they certainly cant argue with those reasons hun. I think they will let you keep your section date. Im glad your dh is being supportive hun.... nice to hear that when he has been a twit quite a few times.
Imet mine at like 8pm the night before the section and didnt really like him,he was in too much of a rush to be bthered to explain things properly and thats why I freaked about the thought of being put to sleep. Thankfully the nice midwives on the ward sat with me for 30 mins at like 10pm discussing it all with me.I thought if you got put to sleep it would take hours to come round properly and get to see baby but they reasured me that your awake andcan see baby within 15 minutes.
Yeah they got the spinal inon the 3rd attempt but he had to put the epidural tube in to guide the needle but that was because i was shaking like mad as i had to put my feet on a tiny stool which put pressure on my pelvis causing discomfort.

Xxxxxx

Hey Ladies :)
Plus size 1st time mammy to be here :D due in December and ridiculously excited!

Welcome misscherry, congrats!! X

Urgh, seths hun that sounds like a horrible experience.my appointment isn't til like 6pm so I might get a guy in a hurry too- especially if he's delayed due to emergencies. We'll see. Glad you got to be awake though!

Ok so yesterday I tried to book in with my consultant to discuss my options. I was told that he only does consults on a Monday morning but if I phone today his secretary might be able to arrange something given that I'm only 2 weeks away.
Sooo I phoned. Turns out he's on holiday. I asked if I could see someone else but was told no. I don't understand why, in the past 8 months, I've only met my consultant once (he was so rushed that he did half of my appointment while standing in the doorway ready to leave)... Every other appointment I've had has been with someone else. I booked my section with someone else, got referred to physio by someone else... Yet when I want an appointment with ANYONE, I'm told no, because it has to be with my consultant. Who isn't around and never shows up even when he is. I'm so frustrated.

Welcome misscherry, congrats!! X

Urgh, seths hun that sounds like a horrible experience.my appointment isn't til like 6pm so I might get a guy in a hurry too- especially if he's delayed due to emergencies. We'll see. Glad you got to be awake though!

Ok so yesterday I tried to book in with my consultant to discuss my options. I was told that he only does consults on a Monday morning but if I phone today his secretary might be able to arrange something given that I'm only 2 weeks away.
Sooo I phoned. Turns out he's on holiday. I asked if I could see someone else but was told no. I don't understand why, in the past 8 months, I've only met my consultant once (he was so rushed that he did half of my appointment while standing in the doorway ready to leave)... Every other appointment I've had has been with someone else. I booked my section with someone else, got referred to physio by someone else... Yet when I want an appointment with ANYONE, I'm told no, because it has to be with my consultant. Who isn't around and never shows up even when he is. I'm so frustrated.

Sorry hun, I know how you feel about seeing someone else over and over because that is how it is here with military. I hope you get what you need soon. Certainly not right seeing as you are so close to your section date.

I've got the opposite problem. My consultant is adamant I should be aiming for a vaginal delivery. I'm now paranoid i'm going to end up with a shoulder dystocia and PPH at home as my first labour was 1 hour 10 minutes from 4cm-Delivered and we live 15 miles from the hospital and would need to sort childcare out before leaving. FFS! I don't want to deliver a 10lb baby at home by myself :(

I've got the opposite problem. My consultant is adamant I should be aiming for a vaginal delivery. I'm now paranoid i'm going to end up with a shoulder dystocia and PPH at home as my first labour was 1 hour 10 minutes from 4cm-Delivered and we live 15 miles from the hospital and would need to sort childcare out before leaving. FFS! I don't want to deliver a 10lb baby at home by myself :(

Find someone else! UGH! :hugs:

Eek are you hoping for a section then hun?
If you do go into labour is there no way to have someone meet you at the hospital to take care of Coby? That way you can leave sooner rather than later so you'll at least be in the right place even if it's not under ideal circumstances.

I had a panic and called the maternity unit. They've assured me that since my c section is pre-booked, they will not pressure me into having a vaginsl birth if I come in early. Put my mind at ease slightly. Now just sort of wishing the next 2 weeks away!

Oh god I wish labor was easy I would love to have a section and not go through the contractions oh God I'm scared ladies plz shead some lit I'm scared Today I have been thinking scary thoughts the what ifs and every time I feel my baby moving my mind goes straight to labor and wat if I don't make it I m very scared

Eek are you hoping for a section then hun?
If you do go into labour is there no way to have someone meet you at the hospital to take care of Coby? That way you can leave sooner rather than later so you'll at least be in the right place even if it's not under ideal circumstances.

Yes, after the last experience (diff hospital - we have moved) I was assured I would be able to request a section next time. Honestly, if that wasn't the case if never have gotten pregnant again. Lets hope I measure big and can get a growth scan early!

Hey miss cherry congratulations on your pregnancy hun xx

Cottleston im glad you managed to talk to someone. Thats rediculous that they wouldn't let you see someone. Im glad you wont be pressured into a vaginal. My hospital was so different.. I was told if I went in already in labor id have to at least attempt natural. Hopefully the next 2 weeks go really fast hun. Are you ok though hun? Saw your fb status

Noo hopefully you will get your section hun. My plan for if I went natural was to phone my mum as I left and shed meet us at the hospital as we are around 20 miles from the hospital. Would you be able to do something like that? Id start asking about a section now hun. I had mine agreed to at 28 weeks and booked at 32. Oh and id this consultant refuses a section hun he HAS to pass you on to another that might if you ask

Cant beleive its nearly baby time again I camt wait to see lots of pics...hahanso excited. I got my implant in on monday so im all safe for 3 years now. Poor arm is a mess though... huge bruise and now a cut in my hand to add to it. Stupid wash machine sliced it open when dh and I were carrying it down the stairs!

Noo, make sure you fight for the delivery you want hun. Do you know the consultants who will be more lenient towards allowing you a cesarean? (That is assuming you work in the hospital you plan to deliver at.)

I'm ok thanks seths hun... I knew that opting for a c section would have a few people questioning why I was doing it but I wasn't expecting it to make me feel guilty. Especially as the people who will judge have no experience in twins or breech! Ah well. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing what I think is best for ALL of us. Im so so lucky that DH is supporting me (encouraging me, actually) 100%. I know I moan about him but he's truly been amazing these past few days.

And to cheer myself up I went and bought these hahaha

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/8630A4A4-650E-44B5-956C-5BD32EF89396-1943-00000163CF16C848_zps9a32c8e4.jpg

I'm not showing anyone else... Haven't even told Keith I got them, I'll wait until the boys are here and I can get photos. God they're gonna hate me when they're older :haha:

Noo, make sure you fight for the delivery you want hun. Do you know the consultants who will be more lenient towards allowing you a cesarean? (That is assuming you work in the hospital you plan to deliver at.)

I don't work there but I did train there - I chose the consultant who was more "section-happy" :( Think I'll just have to wait and see if I start measuring big. Hubby now seems to be leaning more towards normal delivery as the recovery is better etc - Well it is, if I don't end up with another nasty tear!

I havent been on here in ages, but I just wanted to drop by and post a pic of my little guy.

Meet Atticus Samuel
Born April 9th via Vaginal Delivery (induced, epidural, no complications)
Weight 6 pounds 9oz
Length 20.5 inches
(sorry I don't know the conversions to metric)

This is one of his newborn pics

Attachments

• IMG_9313_2.jpg
    IMG_9313_2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
Firefly he's adorable they grow trust me Noo my baby girl weighted 4.08 now if u see her you would never gess she was ever that tinny

Tryn to be as positive as possible about delivery day in happy but scared at the same time gess u could say mixed emotions but as of today I'm fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->