Plus size & pregnant join here

Wow, congratulations on your twins! That is amazing. :flower:

Congratulations on your handsome little guy, Destyni. He is perfect, and you look stunning. Amazing for 2 weeks PP! :cloud9:

Sorry for missing things out. I flicked through what I'd missed, then I lost my place and just got lost in the process so I hope everyone else is doing ok, and welcome if I've missed any more new ladies! :flow:

hey Chez, hope youv been keeping ok.

Need a Vent so im gonna do it in here...

My mum... right at this moment.. is the most selfish so and so ever.

My dad turns 50 next year in March, exactly 2 weeks 3 days after Ethan is due my mum is doing a surprise family birthday party for him. Iv been asking her for AGES to tell me if she is definitely doing this party so we know.

well shes finally decided shes deffo doing it, so i messaged my sister on face book to ask what time does she think mum would start this party at... she said 7. Which i thought fair enough we go over for an hour and get the bus back home at 8:15. Till i realised.. the connecting bus to get us back home is not till 9:30pm! And your not even supposed to have a newborn out late at night as the air changes and its not good for them or something like that so theres no way in hell im hanging round in town from 8:40 till 9:30pm for a bus that wouldnt get us home untill 10pm or later!

so phoned my mum up to ask if shed start the party at 6pm.. so we could come. and do you know what i got.............. "6 is far too early, im not cancelling your dads party just because your having a baby" OH MY FUCKING GOD! When the hell did i ask you to cancel it.. i just asked you to start it 1 hour earlier so i could actually come to my dads party! But guess what... she doesnt give a shit whether i can go or not! I swear down sometimes she just doesn't give a shit about me at all! As long as my sister can be there thats all that matters. All i want to do right now is cry!

I'm not forking out £25 bus fares to spend 30 minutes at the party then have to leave to get the bus that would connect to another at a half decent time. I couldn't even justify it by going over earlier in the day and spending some time with my dad during the day since hes not allowed to know that we were over. Cant stay in a hotel as you can imagine how much stuff wed need to take for a new born ON THE BUS and there is no hotels that have rooms downstairs so have the awkwardness of trying to get all the stuff up the stairs along with ethan in his carry cot. And all this could happen just 2/3 days after i have given birth if i go competely overdue.

argh im just so pissed off and upset with her right now :cry:

Sethsmum: I dont have one yet, im actually suppose to go around my 20th week which is coming up but my doctor wants to wait because she wants to monitor my BP. It was a lil high when I went which was shockin to me because I have never had that problem... so I wont know til she gives the okay.

hey Chez, hope youv been keeping ok.

Need a Vent so im gonna do it in here...

My mum... right at this moment.. is the most selfish so and so ever.

My dad turns 50 next year in March, exactly 2 weeks 3 days after Ethan is due my mum is doing a surprise family birthday party for him. Iv been asking her for AGES to tell me if she is definitely doing this party so we know.

well shes finally decided shes deffo doing it, so i messaged my sister on face book to ask what time does she think mum would start this party at... she said 7. Which i thought fair enough we go over for an hour and get the bus back home at 8:15. Till i realised.. the connecting bus to get us back home is not till 9:30pm! And your not even supposed to have a newborn out late at night as the air changes and its not good for them or something like that so theres no way in hell im hanging round in town from 8:40 till 9:30pm for a bus that wouldnt get us home untill 10pm or later!

so phoned my mum up to ask if shed start the party at 6pm.. so we could come. and do you know what i got.............. "6 is far too early, im not cancelling your dads party just because your having a baby" OH MY FUCKING GOD! When the hell did i ask you to cancel it.. i just asked you to start it 1 hour earlier so i could actually come to my dads party! But guess what... she doesnt give a shit whether i can go or not! I swear down sometimes she just doesn't give a shit about me at all! As long as my sister can be there thats all that matters. All i want to do right now is cry!

I'm not forking out £25 bus fares to spend 30 minutes at the party then have to leave to get the bus that would connect to another at a half decent time. I couldn't even justify it by going over earlier in the day and spending some time with my dad during the day since hes not allowed to know that we were over. Cant stay in a hotel as you can imagine how much stuff wed need to take for a new born ON THE BUS and there is no hotels that have rooms downstairs so have the awkwardness of trying to get all the stuff up the stairs along with ethan in his carry cot. And all this could happen just 2/3 days after i have given birth if i go competely overdue.

argh im just so pissed off and upset with her right now :cry:

aww... sorry you're so angry, try not to let it stress you. Moms can be like that some times. If I told you stories about mine, we'd be here all day lol... I was gonna say maybe you could stay there for the night but that would probably not be the best thing. have you spoke to your dad or is it a suprise... did i misread lol

one more thing... I asked a while back what was V-day besides valentines day lol... lame i know lol... sorry anyhoo what does that mean... first time pregnancy and I dont know a whole lot

aww... sorry you're so angry, try not to let it stress you. Moms can be like that some times. If I told you stories about mine, we'd be here all day lol... I was gonna say maybe you could stay there for the night but that would probably not be the best thing. have you spoke to your dad or is it a suprise... did i misread lol

Its a surprise for my dad, as far as he knows he'll be going to an anniversary party for 2 good friends. And my mum would never have us for the night, nor either of the children. The only child she will have over night is my sisters eldest.

She does little things like this to me all the time, all her time and effort is focused on my sister and her children. She will be interested in Ethan when he is first born and then that will be it. I kinda got used to it when i lived over 100 miles away... but now iv moved back up home after them moaning at us about living so far away.. its still the same so it annoys me x

one more thing... I asked a while back what was V-day besides valentines day lol... lame i know lol... sorry anyhoo what does that mean... first time pregnancy and I dont know a whole lot

oo i thought id replied to that when you first posted oops my bad. Its viability day... at 24 week baby goes from being a featus to a baby, and if they are born after that point the hospital will try to save them, whereas they dont have to if baby is born before that point xx

thank you all for the WARM WELCOME LADIES:)
could someone post the link for this page as i know a few other plus size pregnant woman whom having been feeling so great that they are larger and i think this be realy great for them:)!!!

seth-aww im so sorry to hear about how ur mother is treating u:-/ my mother is the same with me! she treats me like crap and my sister like GOLD it just isnt fair at all and i tell u one thing i will NEVER EVER treat my children like my mother has treated me.
Don't get me wrong she has help me out alot and has also help me with my son but the things she say to me sometimes has hurt me so badly:-( she is just never happy or proud of anything i do.. right now im in school to become a medical asstiance! i moved out got married!! plus i got hooked on pain pills real bad after having my son,i got into a really bad car accident and messed up my back really bad:cry: i just pray everyday and thank god that my son wasnt in that car with me but my doctor was giving me oxycodine 30mg 6times a day and well after a while i wasnt feeling them at all so 6 became 7 then 9 until it got to about 15 a day then i had got my foot ran over by a BIG SUV smashing all the bones in my foot i mean it was bad but u know what ive been clean now for almost 3yrs and its like NONE of it matters to her znd none of it ever will so believe me i know were u are coming from 100% i really hope that you get threw this and get to spend ur dads birthday with him:) im also a march baby i was born on the 16th.
March babys are very GOOD GOOD PEOPLE<3 if u ever wanna talk feel free to inbox me

foot.jpg
here is a picture of my foot a week after gettin ran over
eddieme.jpg
this is me and my husband<3
basketfull.jpg
this is my beautiful son<3
socuted.jpg
and another picture of my wonderful son:)
just wanted to share some pics with u all

I'll post a link in 1st,2nd and 3rd tri in a mo :D

my mums the same hun! And btw hun well done on getting yourself clean and staying clean.. your mum should be proud of that! no matter what i do i doubt my parents will ever be proud of me but you know what.. i thought fuck it.. sometimes it really gets to me but otehrs i just think.. well as long as im proud of myself thats all that matters. I gave up looking for praise from my parents..had none since i was about 15 years old. I just seem to be one big dissapointment or at least thats how i feel.

I hope i get to see him too, i was looking forward to going so family members could meet baby for the first time like my nanna. x

oh and those pics are lovely of you and your other half and your son is beautiful xx

I am plus size (26 US) and due January 8th!

It will be my first, i'm so glad this thread is here!

I finally started to get a baby bump at about 30 weeks and even though I still have a B shape if I wear a dress you can clearly see the bump!

i'm 203lbs about a size 15/16 in us sizes.. i want a cute baby bump but i don't know how it will look with the extra weight around my belly! i guess i'm just self conscious about it all!

Hi there! :hi: Would love to join! I am 24 and plus size about a US 20/22 :dohh: Luckily I havent gained anything so far :happydance: at 17 weeks *I was glad my check up app. was the day before Thanksgiving ;) * Alittle bit about my TTC history. My husband and I have been married for 4 years come this Jan. and we were NTNP that whole time, and finally Back in March of this year I got my first ever :bfp: and started spotting so finally my dr. saw me late april, had a scan and was told it was a molar pregnancy, D&C was may 1st and it was confirmed that it was a complete molar :cry: so therefore it was weekly bloodwork to monitor my levels until they were negative and then monthly for 6 months and we weren't suppose to TTC until after I was cleared. Well my husband lost his job and therefore our insurance so BC was out the window and well condoms arent always on hand :blush: and SUPRISE a :bfp: Sept. 1st! I was absolutely terrified as I thought the mole was growing again so I faked some pains and went to ER to get a scan and there it was a lil peanut with a beautiful beating heart <3 everything has been lovely so far minus the morning sickness *aka all day sickness* that Im finally just now getting over! We have booked a private scan for the 8th of Dec. to find out the sex :) Im team :pink: but of course it doesnt matter as long a my lil bean is healthy <3 :cloud9:

I have struggled with being plus size my entire life... I hit my highest weight at 260 around 2009. I managed to slim down for my wedding in 2011 to a size 12/14 at 185 lbs (5'10"). I was 195 lbs when I got pregnant, and have gained too much too quickly! I'm back up to 235 lbs already, and still have around 8 weeks to go!

Thankfully, I have a definite baby bump now. For awhile I was a little worried! Can tell I've put the weight on in my face, thighs and back though.

I was hoping to stick to the 25-35 lbs gained range. :cry:

Anyone else having major problems with swelling in the feet/ankles and hands? Not sure if it's typical, or because I put so much weight on so fast.... I didn't gain a single pound in 1st Trimester... it's all come on since then.

I'm due Feb. 28 (little boy), and I don't really know how to use a long-standing "support thread," but I guess it'd be fun to try joining.... And I definitely count as plus size, because I was about a hundred pounds heavier than I needed to be before I got pregnant. (Oops. I lost 70 pounds in college and then slowly gained it back. I definitely don't recommend plantar warts after significant weight loss, by the way.)

Hey, has anybody else had problem with cutting off the circulation in a limb while asleep? I woke up this morning and my right arm was red from the elbow to the hand, and it scared me because it took a while for the sensation to come back and the red color to go away.... I'd obviously been lying on that arm for a while (two or three hours, I guess, since I was awake about that time and remember rolling over onto that side). How can I avoid letting that happen again (a couple of hours later and my elbow actually still hurts a little where I think I was resting my head)?

Edit: I don't know about *major* swelling, but I don't wear my rings anymore because when I sit in a warm room for a while my fingers will suddenly swell up until they're really uncomfortable. And all my shoes started giving me blisters on my pinkie toes right off the bat, so I was down to wearing either flip-flops or hiking boots until I was able to find new shoes that fit (and that's never easy).

oo i thought id replied to that when you first posted oops my bad. Its viability day... at 24 week baby goes from being a featus to a baby, and if they are born after that point the hospital will try to save them, whereas they dont have to if baby is born before that point xx

Oh noooo... that's terrible. Congrats to u for making it there. I have 6 weeks to go to get to that point. Wow. I didn't even know that, so maybe I'll just wait til then to try and buy something instead of as soon as I find out the sex. Im glad I found this site a year ago because you dont learn things like this on a regular. Thanks! What's your name lol. Im Brittaney for any who wanna know =D

Hi ladies. I'm pregnant with my first due June 12! Currently a size 18/20 us. I recently lost 35 pounds and am down another 5 since being pregnant. I absolutely dread going to the dr because I know eventually they'll say something to me about my weight even though they haven't yet. We were ttc for almost 3 years and got pregnant after doing our first iui with 150mg clomid!

Hellooooo :flower: I'd love to join! I've been struggling with my weight for a while now...so hopefully after i have my son i can shed a few pounds! :thumbup:
(although losing weight never happens for me :dohh: )

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? I'm a big girl, I'm 5'5 and about 17st pre pregnancy. Was doing slimming world prior to getting pregnant, but found it difficult to follow once morning sickness hit! I'm not too worried about my weight during pregnancy, but I'm nervous about the birth (I don't know if I'm fit enough?!) and I'm praying I don't get diabetes!
I have pcos and so this baby (conceived totally naturally) is a miracle as far as I'm concerned! So I'm going to enjoy every second of her :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Oh noooo... that's terrible. Congrats to u for making it there. I have 6 weeks to go to get to that point. Wow. I didn't even know that, so maybe I'll just wait til then to try and buy something instead of as soon as I find out the sex. Im glad I found this site a year ago because you dont learn things like this on a regular. Thanks! What's your name lol. Im Brittaney for any who wanna know =D

I think this site is fab too :D My name is Tara :)

WOOWEEE :hi: to all the new ladies!!!! :happydance:

Melaney: ooo i cant wait to have a proper bump! Like a big sticky outy one thats obviously pregnancy belly and not fat :)

xkatiex dont worry hun you will get a bump :D even if youv extra cussion :D my sister was a uk 30 while pregnant with her last and she got a cute bump :)

MeMeBrown; aww im so sorry to hear about your loss hun. I am glad things are going really well for you this time round though, your scan is on my birthday :happydance: I hope you get your little girl that you want huni. i wasnted a girl this time too but got another little :blue: bundle lol

Kallyra: first of congrats on your bfp hun... for the swelling.. did it come on suddenly? or has it progressed over time? I would mention it to midwife if you have not already as it could be a sign on pre-eclampsia. Im hoping to stick to no more than 20lb! no idea how im doing up till 20 weeks i was still a few lb under my start weight.

Wholeheart: Its not much different than just being on the normal boards hun, but we all get used to each other. just gives us one safe place to have a moan or groan or share any good/bad news and to support each other through the hard times.
What is planter warts? I cant say iv ever had my circulation cut off, i have gone numb but normally as soon as that starts to happen i usually wake up and move. i constantly turn in my sleep. Gz on little boy :D

jtj1054: congratulations on your bfp after trying for so long. Hopefully they will be nice and not say a word or if they do say it in a nice way :D mine have all been quite nice so far thankfully. also congrats on loosing that weight!

lahlah: hehe same for me. i seem to loose a few lb and gain double back :haha: iv struggled with weight since i was about 13 going from big to small to big to small and back to big and staying there. Im hoping once iv had baby then i will get my ass into gear and loose all the weight properly.

A BIG WELCOME TO YOU ALL! Wishing you all very happy and healthy pregnancies and cant wait to share our journey's together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->