Plus size & pregnant join here

Hey everybody.

I'm plus size 16-18.currently 15st, 5ft 7 with a BMI of 32. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due June 18th. I have a 2.5yr old called Isla.

I had Gestational diabetes with my last preg & felt really shit the whole time! I also had to have a TV scan as I was too fat to see the baby abdo wise at 12 weeks!! That was awful, hoping this time I won't need that. I hated reading "poor views due to maternal adiposity!!" Do they realise how crap it already feels!!

Anyway hope to get to know some of you along the way!! X

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? I'm a big girl, I'm 5'5 and about 17st pre pregnancy. Was doing slimming world prior to getting pregnant, but found it difficult to follow once morning sickness hit! I'm not too worried about my weight during pregnancy, but I'm nervous about the birth (I don't know if I'm fit enough?!) and I'm praying I don't get diabetes!
I have pcos and so this baby (conceived totally naturally) is a miracle as far as I'm concerned! So I'm going to enjoy every second of her :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

hey hun :D im sure iv talked to you before ... or am i just going senile lol ... that seems very possible these days. :haha:

congratulations on your little miracle. dont worry hun, you will manage.. this myth about us bigger ladies not being "fit" enough to give birth is a load of bollocks. Everybody from skinny to big find birth tiring... and if we didnt then hell were lucky. i know a lot of big women who have had a very happy, natural birth :) xx

Aw I'm very excited about finding this thread! Lol.

Xkatiex - Yep, like sethsmummy said you will get a bump! I have one already and was told today it was 'all baby' haha, I was like erm, yea all baby and chocolate :p You'll be able to show off your bump before you know it! I love mine!! :)

Oh and my names Amelia and I'm 25!

Hey everybody.

I'm plus size 16-28.currently 15st, 5ft 7 with a BMI of 32. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due June 18th. I have a 2.5yr old called Isla.

I had Gestational diabetes with my last preg & felt really shit the whole time! I also had to have a TV scan as I was too fat to see the baby abdo wise at 12 weeks!! That was awful, hoping this time I won't need that. I hated reading "poor views due to maternal adiposity!!" Do they realise how crap it already feels!!

i dont think some of them care how they word things, and they sure dont think that we already feel crap about being big most of the time and could do without their shit on top of it.

I hope they can do you a nice abdo scan this time hun... im 5ft 5, size 24 pre pregnancy and at that point weighed 18 stone 8! so if they managed for me.. they certainly should be able to for you. She had to dig a bit but got a nice pic :D

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? I'm a big girl, I'm 5'5 and about 17st pre pregnancy. Was doing slimming world prior to getting pregnant, but found it difficult to follow once morning sickness hit! I'm not too worried about my weight during pregnancy, but I'm nervous about the birth (I don't know if I'm fit enough?!) and I'm praying I don't get diabetes!
I have pcos and so this baby (conceived totally naturally) is a miracle as far as I'm concerned! So I'm going to enjoy every second of her :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

hey hun :D im sure iv talked to you before ... or am i just going senile lol ... that seems very possible these days. :haha:

congratulations on your little miracle. dont worry hun, you will manage.. this myth about us bigger ladies not being "fit" enough to give birth is a load of bollocks. Everybody from skinny to big find birth tiring... and if we didnt then hell were lucky. i know a lot of big women who have had a very happy, natural birth :) xx

Hello! Yea haha, we have talked before! I actually really like reading your posts because it seems we have a fair bit in common. :) I think we talked about holland and Barrett at one point lol?!

Oh good I'm glad you know people that have done in successfully, I say to my OH all the time when I'm puffing afar climbing 2 flights of stairs 'if I can't do this how can I give birth' . . . But to be fair I used to be able to walk for miles before I got pregnant!! Lol. I'll just have to wait and see. I know I have to see an anethatist soon . . . God knows if they'll weigh my again, but I hope not. I hope I'm only seeing them for worst case scenario, I don't want to be put to sleep! :shrug:

Hello! Yea haha, we have talked before! I actually really like reading your posts because it seems we have a fair bit in common. I think we talked about holland and Barrett at one point lol?!

Oh good I'm glad you know people that have done in successfully, I say to my OH all the time when I'm puffing afar climbing 2 flights of stairs 'if I can't do this how can I give birth' . . . But to be fair I used to be able to walk for miles before I got pregnant!! Lol. I'll just have to wait and see. I know I have to see an anethatist soon . . . God knows if they'll weigh my again, but I hope not. I hope I'm only seeing them for worst case scenario, I don't want to be put to sleep!

ahhh yeah we did! lol its like that on here with a few people.. haha myself and another lady have took over the pink or blue bumps 2013 thread hahaha.

my sister (uk size 30 at the time of birth), is out of breath after a 2 minute walk and she manages just fine :) I was managing fine with my 1st too till he got stuck coming down. Its a totally different kind of exhaustion that you get during child birth to that when you are excercising. I cant speak for the pushing part... as i missed out on that.. but fingers crossed i get to this time.

I'll let you know what the anesthatist appointment is like.. i have mine on the 11th december! just to tell him your not sticking any epi in my back lol. Im hoping i do get weighed though, or even at my next mw appointment. my scales at home are out as my floors not even.. and the hospital scales put me lighter than i thought at 18 weeks! So who knows this time round although the amount of rubbish iv been eating it wouldnt surprise me to have jumped up 14lb by now! Also due my GTT at 26 weeks but no idea when during that week. xx

Welcome to all the new ladies that joined melany, xkatiexs, memebrown, kalyrra, wholeheart, jtj1054, lahlah, miwi WOW i have loads of updating to do :dohh:

sethsmum- sorry to hear your mom is treating you :hugs:.. really hope she will move your dads birthday so u can attend - also thamk you for promoting this thread & giving me more work lol :haha:

melany - wow not long to go now, ur baby is due on my birthday :happydance:

xkatiex - dont worry hun, i use to suck in my tummy all the time now that im pregnant i love having it out.. also i cant suck in anymore :blush:

memebrown - me & dh will be married 4 yrs too in Jan 18th, when i jan is ur anniversary :wedding:.
sorry for all the difficulties u have gone through... hope you feel better morning sicknes sucks

kalyrra - not long to go, i cant imagine what my bump will look loike @ 32 weeks..
did the swelling come on suddenly or did you have it through out the pregnancy??

wholeheart - never had that before, maybe you slept on ur arm to long???

jtj -congrats on the weight loss hun, we tried or over 3 years too to get pregnant :cry:...
how far long are you???

lah lah - just enjoy ur pregnancy for now, focus on weightloss later lol just kidding i know what u mean

miwi - congrats hun i have pcos too, it sucks had long irregular cycles... we too conceived naturally, so excited.. its still so unreal @ times :cloud9:..

happy healthy pregnancies ladies

Hey everybody.

I'm plus size 16-18.currently 15st, 5ft 7 with a BMI of 32. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due June 18th. I have a 2.5yr old called Isla.

Welcome hun, hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy

hehehe sorry hun (for all the updating you now need to do)

I know for a fact now she wont move it back an hour, but my sister has said shell try get her husband to bring us back home so we could go. I wouldnt want to stay for long as i think it would be too much for a newborn plus it would annoy everyone the music having to be kept down while im there with Ethan And Seth (cant have loud music near seth as it scared him and hurts his ears).

xx

Sethsmummy- Ah yes please let me know how you get on! I was supposed to have had my appointment last week, but had to change it as I couldn't get the day off work. Changed it to Dec 14th and then was told the next day at work I have an area meeting on the 14th haha. Will have to phone and change it again. . . Think I'm going to be very popular by the time I get in to see the Dr. Lol. it actually never occurred to me an anaesthetist does the EPI (I'd blame that on baby brain but I think I'm just ditzy anyway!!) ;)

Wholeheart: Its not much different than just being on the normal boards hun, but we all get used to each other. just gives us one safe place to have a moan or groan or share any good/bad news and to support each other through the hard times.
What is planter warts? I cant say iv ever had my circulation cut off, i have gone numb but normally as soon as that starts to happen i usually wake up and move. i constantly turn in my sleep. Gz on little boy :D

Plantar warts are the ones you get on the bottom of your feet.... I got a nice deep one right at the end of college that wouldn't go away until it was treated multiple times (didn't help that student health didn't have the tools to deal with it and my regular doctor was in another state), which meant that for an entire semester there was sharp pain in the bottom of that foot (like stepping on something hard and pointed, since the wart was very long and narrow, with the narrowest part on the inside) with every single step I took. That'll take down activity level, for sure, so of course I started gaining all that weight back (the weight that I originally gained when I had a bad knee injury at the end of high school--does it count as a sports injury if it happened at halftime? Before that I was definitely overweight, but to the tune of 20 pounds extra, not 100). Yeah. Plantar warts, especially with a treatment delay, are terrible for maintaining weight loss. And there's really not an awful lot you can do to prevent them, I don't think.

front page updated ladies, check if ur due dates are correct... when you know gender or dates change plse let me know then i can change it..

also if there is anybody i forgot sorry, was not intentional just let me know & i will put u on the list

Sparklegirl - Yea I had really long irregular cycles for years. Me and OH weren't trying but not preventing for a couple of years, and with no BFP in sight I was convinced I wouldn't conceive naturally. But low and behold this LO snuck up on us and we couldn't be happier! And yes, so surreal! I still can't actually believe I'm pregnant! It seems far too good to be true :) Happy and healthy pregnancy to you Hun!

kalyrra - not long to go, i cant imagine what my bump will look loike @ 32 weeks..
did the swelling come on suddenly or did you have it through out the pregnancy??

well... I had to stop wearing my ring probably around mid 2nd Tri, but I had also put on about 20 lbs at that point... minimal hand swelling, mostly when I went walking or got hot.

The swelling I have now has come on pretty quickly over the last week or so. I noticed my feet were getting flatter/bigger for a week or so before hand... but my ankles weren't swollen, and my hands weren't swelling like they are now!

I have an OB appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to mention it to her. My blood pressure has been great this whole time, so I don't think it's Pre-E/Toxemia, but I'll say something just to be sure.

I'm hoping it's just the sudden weight fluctuation/gain I experienced. I seem to go in waves... I'll maintain for about 2 weeks, then gain almost 10 lbs out of nowhere... then maintain, then gain another 8 or 9... *sigh*

seth- thank you so much it has not been a very easy staying clean and putting my life back together but between DH & my son they are my real motivation.
I really can't tell you how much DH has been there threw:) i mean he just was there every single step of the way,you know i actually went into a recover house because i never wanted to relapes and go back to the way i was.
He took care of my son with no help of my mom or dad, he would bring me food cigs,new clothes, even some bath &body works idk of u guys have on in the scotland but they sell really nice body sprays lotions bath gels even got stuff for men but im sure u do have one bath and body works is kinda like mickey dees they are everywhere.....and i mean he did so much more,you know he even adopted my son of course he is still mine but he got his sperm donor to sign over his rights to him i mean just wow it makes me cry just thinking about it i feel kinda stupid that im putting this on here everyone probably thinks i was this junkie hooker or something oh well i know im not the only one out there who has been threw some hard times.
It feels wonderful not to be on no pain meds anymore plus believe it or not my back hasnt been hurting since i got off the pain pills,its crazy because i actually did have pain in my back when i was on them but i think it was all in my head for sure but i just feel great and feel even greater to have a wonderful DS & DH who think the world of me and love me very much:dance:.
Now as far as my mother goes i will say that we have been getting along every since i told her that i didnt want nothing to do with her! you know i told her that either she gets her sh*t together or she can just stay the H*** away from me and my family so she is really trying:).
I'll be praying that you get to spend ur fathers birthday with him and that all of ur family gets to see ur new little "JOY":wink:

Welcome to all the NEW LADIES just wanted to tell each and everyone of you that no matter you size you are beautiful and also ladies i think all of you will have nice bumps as well! when i was pregnant with my DS i had a nice pregnant belly that look so cute on me:) i can't wait to have one again!!
also my sister is also big around a size 24 and when she was pregnant with her son she also had a nice pregnant belly so i would not worry at all ladies about the extra weight<3

also just wanted to share with the new ladies that
my name is nikki my dh name is eddie im 24yrs old he 28yrs old we will be 25 & 29 by the time baby comes this will be our first child together! we were LTTC since 9-2010 and finally got our :bfp: oct 25th 2012 11 days after my ds 5th birthday:dance: and we actually got it natural:dance:
i actually was about to give up after getting a :bfn: on our 2yr anniversary! so i told myself no more temping no more opks no preseed nothing just use prenatals as they were making my hair skin and nails look wonderful<3 so what i did was keep very busy bd every single chance we got and BAMN it finally happen to us YAY<3<3<3 DREAMS DO COME TRUE

I skipped a few posts on here lol I think i had 5 maybe 6 pages worth to read :( where have i been...

Congrats destiny on the little baby :)

Congrats on the twins hun :)

My cold is clearing up :) and thanks ladies on my bump pik. Feels weird with it sticking out more but i love it :) x

Missed me, think i posted on bout pg 53/54. Not to worry, i tend to grt missed out alot now im prego again. Funny how ya closest friends react.

Missed me, think i posted on bout pg 53/54. Not to worry, i tend to grt missed out alot now im prego again. Funny how ya closest friends react.

no hun u are on 1st pg, above me in yellow

MIWI; hehe dont worry about what they think ;) are you in the uk though?? as if you are work HAVE to give you the time off work to attend any appointments assosiated with your pregnancy. oh yes its them that do it all right, when i was having my first i asked for one... took almost 3 hours for him to turn up as he was in theatre with another patient at the time. thank heavens they are not getting near me with one this time.. never ever again. I'm glad you got your bfp hun sounds like you had such a hard time getting there <3

wholeheart; aaaa haha i should have got it from wart :duh: lol And yeah... hehe half time or not its a sports injury or thats the excuse id be using. I injured me knee when i was younger too, fell down some stairs and dislocated one, its now happened 3 times all together but touch wood not for a few years.. the other knee i damaged playing rounders. And also have Lax Joints so get regular hip pains reducing my ability to do a lot of activities.

kalyrra: deffo mention it hun at your stage pre-e can come on pretty damn quickly. you can go from having perfectly find bp throughout to it rocketing up in a day or two. best to be safe than sorry.

ilovehim91810: your other half sounds amazing! your little boy is so lucky to have him as a dad :) Don't feel stupid hun, none of us are here to judge and at one point or another everybody hits a bad point in their life. I'v been through mine but i self harmed. Managed to pull myself together at age 18 and have never done it since at almost 25 (only 12 days away on the 8th dec). You are an amazing woman to have gone through it and come through on the other side!
Glad to hear your mum is finally trying :D just a shame it took it to get that bad before she bothered. I hope they get to meet him too, as since we dont drive.. i dont goto my hometown much so its really the only chance my nanna gets to meet him and i would hate myself if she were to die without meeting him. If i had a car i would visit her weekly as she is the last grandparent i have and seths only great grandparent.

Cherry: glad your cold is finally buggering off hun!

weffi: you will never be missed on here huni. sorry to hear your friends are being like that... are they just jelous or do they just not bother hun? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->