• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus size & pregnant join here

I am new to baby and bump but happy to find this thread!! I am plus size also, started at an 18/20 pre pregnancy, I am 10 weeks 5 days today. I am just hoping for a happy ending at the end of it all. I have had 2 miscarriages (1 in the 2nd trimester and 1 in the first); so have my fingers crossed with this one.

My midwife appointment was really good, it was the same midwife I had with both my boys so we had a really good catch up. No weighing involved yay

My midwife appointment was really good, it was the same midwife I had with both my boys so we had a really good catch up. No weighing involved yay

Yay :happydance: hun, im happy it went well, esp if you know the mid wife from previous pregnancies..

what are good pregnancy books to read :coffee: , im looking for something informative but with humour & a easy read... what are you ladies reading???

Hello, can I join please, as this fits me rather perfectly lol.

I'm preg with baby number 5 (5th time being rather plus sized to lol!)

Hope you are all well x

Can I join too? i am a size 16-18 with a BMI of 34. I am slimmer than when I fell pregnant with my daughter and following Slimmimng World. I have lost 17 pounds in the last two months :happydance:

what are good pregnancy books to read :coffee: , im looking for something informative but with humour & a easy read... what are you ladies reading???

Sounds like the kind of book I want to read! A lot of them a geared towards the new baby but it feels a bit early for that.

I really enjoyed 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' and I am re-reading it now!

A few woman on my knitting forum group are recommending this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Rough-...5594/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345312231&sr=8-2

Hello All!
I am thrilled to see this thread! I am 5wks and 4 days today. This is my first pregnancy and I have found myself on this site a lot lately, so I decided to make an account and participate. I have PCOS, and I recently lost 15-20 pounds. I guess that is all my ovaries needed to get back to ovulating!

Hey ladies :) I'm plus size and 6 weeks along. Was a bit worried the past few days because I spotted once on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. It was a very light tan/brown color. It was on the tp. It just worried me and dh a lot. I'm resting and laying back more. Doing the least I can. My first ultrasound is in 3 weeks. Aaahhh!!

Well it is weigh day tomorrow but I am not too hopeful! I can't stomach lots but the things I can are not the healthiest (white toast and peanut butter/ oven chips/ hula hoops) although I am eating plenty of fruit too.

What is everyone doing abbout weight- are people trying to lose/ maintain or just going with it?!

Well it is weigh day tomorrow but I am not too hopeful! I can't stomach lots but the things I can are not the healthiest (white toast and peanut butter/ oven chips/ hula hoops) although I am eating plenty of fruit too.

What is everyone doing abbout weight- are people trying to lose/ maintain or just going with it?!

My weigh in day too! DH keeps asking me how much I weigh :blush: I love him and will tell him anything but not that!!! Not sure if the midwife will announce it tomorrow or not lol.

I've definitely started healthy eating, the day I found out I was pregnant I rushed out and got some vitamin supplements and fruit. I'm trying to eat healthy snacks, my dinners I'm not changing at the moment. My appetite has gone down though, a little bit of MS already kicking in - can't hurt can it?! :haha:

I am on the pregnancy vits too on account of my appetite vanishing. My past 3 pregnancies were the same and i lost 1-2 stones from start to finish. I used to forget to eat! As silly as that sounds ... I would get up and have breakfast (usually cereal) then at around 2100 hrs I would realise that I hadnt eaten.
At this point in my pregnancy I wake up feeling vomit inducingly sick and i have to force myself to eat something. Then i feel a bit better. Then all through the day I struggle to eat anything.
I can rest in the knowledge that the baby is taking everything it needs from me and I have enough fat reserves to last me for 5 years never mind 9 months :haha:

I got my letter through today from the hospital for my consultancy visit. Little scared that I am going to be told off as my BMI is around 36, my blood pressure is up a little and they are worried about my asthma :(

I'm pretty much just assuming my body will know how much weight it needs to add.... I ended up losing four pounds between my first doctor visit and my second one, though. I wasn't sick or anything, just walking a bit more and had kind of an inconsistent appetite.

To be honest I'm not doing much about my weight. My midwife agreed it wouldn't be good to actively try loose weight but it will probably happen naturally when eating better for baby. I'v not been eating a heck of a lot lately... feeling too sick to eat most of the time still.

First time i weighed myself was at 9 weeks and i was 18 stone 8
I then dropped a few to 18 stone5, and about 4 days ago I was18 stone 7. Not bad for almost being at the end of the first tri.

I did one of those calculator things and with my BMI of 44, I should be looking to gain 1stone and 1 lb during my whole pregnancy. (15lb), so don't think I am doingbad... will have to go weigh myself this morning.

Hope all you ladies are doing good today. I'm feeling very:coffee: and :sick: xx

EDIT 9:19am Just weighed myself and I am down to 18 stone 3lb.

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for your support and I've really enjoyed this thread. I suffered a missed miscarriage over the weekend and am devastated to be going back to TTCing but am determined to be back soon.

Wishing you all a very H&H 9 months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->