Plus size & pregnant join here

I got mine from asda and peacocks last time. The asda ones were/are quite roomy so they don't cut in like most others do. Although I must say I'm still farrrr more comfy in a long tunic top and leggings!

Well... I didn't quite make it through this pregnancy with no issues. I tested positive for group b strep. :cry: I know with the antibiotics, the risk is low of passing it on, but still can't help a little bit of worry.

Time is starting to drag...it's like the 2 week wait all over again! :haha:

Aw hun, at least they know so they can give you the antibiotics. :hugs:
Not long! Do you have everything ready?

Sorry ladies but I need a moan. About DH of course.
We had a pretty active day today... Swimming was lovely but the fact that it eases SPD pain means I probably overdid it and felt it big time afterwards. So I warned DH that if toby woke in the night as he often does, DH will have to put him back to bed.
Roll forward to 2:30am. Toby comes into our room. I tell him to go back to bed. I then tell DH that toby needs to go back to bed. This isn't a new thing, we have a rule that Toby isn't allowed to sleep in our bed unless he's unwell or it's past 4:30am.
But DH can't be arsed and just lifts Toby into our bed. So now DH is asleep, and I'm waiting for Toby to fall into deep sleep (he's dreaming/twitching at the mo do easily woken)... When he's settled enough, muggins here is going to have to lift Toby and take him to his room. Bad for my hip, bad for my heartburn. Great for DHs sleep.

A husband who doesn't do nights plus a two year old plus newborn twins is going to be great. :dohh:

Well, I think my waters went! It's 3a.m., and I woke up...moved, felt like I had a bit of discharge, so decided to go to the bathroom. As soon as I stood up, felt a teeny gush, and it was trickling down my leg as I went!

No major contractions yet though, just took a shower, put a pad on. Lots of small leaking as I move. Will call L&D and they'll probably have me come in, then send me home until I hit full labor... Hubby is folding laundry and cleaning the bedroom :haha: nesting? Lol

Hi Ladies!

This seems like it could be the place to ask - where on earth did you get your maternity jeans? And if you're not wearing them, what ARE you wearing? I was in the process of losing weight before bean, and my current size 24 jeans/trousers feel like they're going to explode!
I've looked at ebay, bonprix, etc but I was really hoping there is some sort of cheap maternity clothes site out there I am missing! We're on a budget. :(

It's so hard isn't it! I got some from Simply B but they weren't cheap and I don't like them really :( I'm currently in a pair of size 22 Next maternity jeans and although not really cheap were the best purchase I made. I was a 24 pre pregnancy and they fit really well and are sooooo comfy!

Morning ladies :)

Kalyrra- woohoo! That's so exciting! I always think 37 weeks is the perfect time to go, it's full term without being too pregnant lol. Good luck!! Let us know how you're doing!

Cottles- Poor you Hun, your DH is being far from supportive! What gives? I don't know how you're putting up with him honestly lol, if it was me id be going mental . . . Though I'm sure that wouldn't help!

Seths- How are you feeling today love? Hope you get those antibiotics if you need them!

Buckley- Hi :) My BMI was 41 when I conceived. So it's definitely possible! We werent trying but hadn't been preventing for about a year . . . So I have no idea how long it really would have taken if we had actively tried! It'll happen for you :) Good Luck!!

Last night was okay, though I didn't make it to bed till about half 11 and with OH snoring and tossing and turning all night I feel like I've had about 2 mins sleep. I'm so tired!!
I have a question - Is it possible for me to effect LOs patterns of movement / sleep by a change in my routine? For example, when I was sick and laid in bed for the best part of two days she moved a lot less and at different times. Then as I was up so much later last night she was moving a lot later on in the evening than normal, but this morning I've not felt much since getting out of bed . . . Ugh!! I'm so paranoid about movement. Is it possible for me to effect it?? Xxx

oh my gosh Kalyrra!! Take your bags.. you wont be coming back home hun. You need to have the antibiotics straight away and then you will get them every 4 hours until baby arrives. So excited for you :happydance: Well that is unless your like me... my forewaters went but hindones were intact and my levels built back up so i was sent home. but that was at 36 weeks so they may just keep you going as its safter where strep b is concerned. Also please dont worry too much! I had strep B with Seth, as long as you get the anti biotics your good :D hahaha sounds like dh is doing your nesting! i wish mine would do mine :haha: ooooo wishing you so much good luck hun :hugs:

Hey TAMI - My pants are from evans. not in maternity ones yet as these ones have always been too big for me so im just growing into them as i go lol.

Cottleston- id have shook dh awake and made him take him! How rude! He is going to have to get used to pulling his weight through the night sooner or later as you cant manage twins and Toby by yourself!!! :growlmad: feeling very mad for you atm. silly dh.

MIWI - dont worry hun, it is possible. Ethan does the same thing.. iv not felt him move yet this morning but i only got up at half 10 (to the sound of dh telling seth hes a clever boy for doing his first poop in the potty!! :D )
I'm also real paranoid about movements i hate when he doesnt move.
Also may be since you didn't get a good sleep hun. I had a rubbish sleep too... down the street was having a house party till 8am! and we could hear the music clear as day... then DH woke me 3 times in his sleep ... shaking me telling me i was "going the wrong way" :shrug: bloody weird man. Iv no pains yet this morning :happydance: but iv not done anything yet. Need to tidy up now though as my sister has just said she is coming which means i need to run round getting all seths toys together out of the living room and shutting them away in his bedroom otherwise his cousins will fight over them and break them.
If you get real worried about her movements try lying on your left side for 2 hours (thats the recommended time), drink ice cold water, eat something cold, something chocolatey or try putting something ice cold on your tummy. If you still get nothing then give the midwife a ring and they may ask you to go in and get checked out hun x

Well, I've been admitted! 4 cm dilated, definitely ruptured waters. Come to find out, the doc looked at my test wrong or something, so I'm not GBS positive!

kalyrra- Ooooh go you. congrats on the water breaking hun. Your little one will be here soon.

About the maternity Jeans. I bought a pair from New look they were on sale and my size but they fall down to much so i never wear them. I currently living in leggins. And for work im wearing Black yoga pants lol not meant to be i cant fit into anything else.xx

Thanks Seths, I feel a lot better now that I know it's not just me!! I have felt her move since posting last so I'm pretty sure all is ok. :) Glad you've had no pains!! Maybe yesterday was just an off day? Or Ethan was laying funny!

I just got a text from my SIL saying she's flights booked to come home on march 7th to meet LO. It's exciting now it feels so close and real lol. I've decided that I'm really not great at being pregnant, or else I'm just a wimp. Most days I'm either exhausted, breathless, feeling sick or having bad back / hip pain lol. I really don't think I'm cut out for this! Fed up today xxx

Kalyrra gz hun I hope everything goes quick and smooth for you!

Just a quick one from me just now. I might be heading into the hospital soon, I'v not felt Ethan move all day and have tried all the tricks in the book to get him to move :cry: feeling very scared right now to be honest. Waiting for hospital to call me back to say if the midwife is coming out here or if i have to go in. FX my little man is ok. Im really scared after those pains i had yesterday!

Kalyrra gz hun I hope everything goes quick and smooth for you!

Just a quick one from me just now. I might be heading into the hospital soon, I'v not felt Ethan move all day and have tried all the tricks in the book to get him to move :cry: feeling very scared right now to be honest. Waiting for hospital to call me back to say if the midwife is coming out here or if i have to go in. FX my little man is ok. Im really scared after those pains i had yesterday!

Aw seths, I'll be thinking of you! I'm sure he is fine and he's just moved into a funny position so you can't feel him, he's maybe kicking your back! I hope everything is ok. Please let us know when you can :hugs:

Oh god. fingers crossed little man is ok hun. keep us posted :(. xxxx

Hey ladies, that's me just home. Ethan is fine :D His heart trace was good, ranging from 120 to 180 he was showing as being so active.. but the whole time i only felt 2 of the movements he made even though we could hear him moving around. Turns out my placenta is at the front.. but not in the way.. so that could be why im not feeling him today. So relieved!

Hey ladies, that's me just home. Ethan is fine :D His heart trace was good, ranging from 120 to 180 he was showing as being so active.. but the whole time i only felt 2 of the movements he made even though we could hear him moving around. Turns out my placenta is at the front.. but not in the way.. so that could be why im not feeling him today. So relieved!

Omg Hun I'm so so relieved for you! I've been obsessively waiting on your update lol. They really like to keep us on our toes don't they!! :hugs:

Omg Hun I'm so so relieved for you! I've been obsessively waiting on your update lol. They really like to keep us on our toes don't they!! :hugs:

Thank you hun :hugs: I have never been so scared in my life to be honest. The worst thoughts were that john wouldnt be there if anything needed to happen.. and if baby was born it would be transfered around 90 miles away! Such a sigh of relief after 5 minutes on the trace :) Kept loosing him though the little bugger lol. Sure do like to keep us on our toes.. i just hope this isnt the start of him constantly being a pain in the butt xx

Awws Seths! :hugs: I am glad baby is ok! My placenta is in front which makes the heartbeart a pain in the butt to find and why I got to find out gender! PS. was like that with my first and she IS my problem child :haha:. I have my scan the 28th of this month to make sure baby girl is ok in there and growing right I think the poor thing is going to be nameless for ever though. Hubby and I do not like the same names at all and the only ones we are OK with atm are Dahlia and Fallon. :dohh:

oooo wow Fallon is lovely! And thanks hun, I didn't even know my placenta was at the front.. they didn't tell me!Now i know though not to panic too fast if i can't feel anything for a little while and also explains why my midwifes have had problems getting the heart beat!

My first was the same.. constantly having reduced fetal movements from 20 something weeks but i always felt at least 1 or 2 movements but id litteraly felt nothing at all, all day. xx

Hoping Kalyrra is doing ok! Can't wait for an update when i get up tomorrow morning. I am now heading to bed ladies.. its been a loooong day. Lots of love to you all <3 :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->