Plus size & pregnant join here

i think anyone would get high readings after eating those hun. im sure mine would be 9+ after the crap i have been eating lol. iv literally sat with a bag of 5 choc chip cookies from tesco to myself! and ate them all in one go :blush: I could probably eat a scabby horse to tell the truth.. no matter what i eat im still hungry. Last night i had pasta with pork loin chopped up in it.. big plate full... then 3 hours later i had 2nds!

Glad your docs were really good hun. Yeah if you send it recorded they cant say they didn't get it then! and very funny how she is being all nice with you lol if youd stayed off that long without a reason you'd probably be fired.

I got a nice surprise this morning... hubby claims JSA at the moment (for those of you not in uk this is a benefit we get while he is looking for work), i logged into the bank this morning to see if a refund from amazon had cleared yet and there was money from the job centre in there. Turns out there is a national error on the system and its sent out a weeks payment by mistake to everyone who claims. So although it mucks me up a little as ill have to try figure out what to leave for bills etc.. it means i can go food shopping woohooo :D

Oh that's great Seths! Gotta love system muck ups lol.
Yea you're right, I'd have been fired definately. She's probably not saying anything as even if she didn't recieve it she should have flagged it a lot sooner, so it makes her look crap. But I have a feeling she got it just fine, knows it but won't admit it. Shes lost it in a mound of paperwork most likely! Ah well, least it'll be sorted soon!
Aw I am so jealous, I'd love to eat loads of cookies like that, those ones are so nice too. Gotta love tesco fresh cookies. Nom Nom. I'll see what happens next week at the clinic when I have my scan, if she's grow loads or anything then I'll have to reasses my snacks etc (which are getting worse I feel) but its hard because I just can't eat . . . LO is right up in my ribs making me very short of breath and I'm stuffed after a sandwich. But then hungry two hours later again. So meals are non existent lol.

OHs mate and his new GF are coming to stay tonight. I've never met her and I just hope it's not going to be awkward! Lol. They want to get a take out so I'm getting soup from the Chinese . . . Not like I've room in there for a big take out anyway ;)

Thanks Miwi, I had no idea there was another option other than insulin as thats all thats ever been mentioned to me so thanks for that.
I really don't understand the whole GD thing to be honest and was hoping to just ride it out like I did last time.
Someone mentioned to me that my fasting period may be too long but I can't shorten it as I can't eat too late because I will be sick and I am too ill of a morning to eat any earlier. The sickness is really messing me up

That is crap about your sick line but glad that they are doing you a duplicate, I always wondered how it worked if one was lost etc.

Seths I have growth scans booked in anyway because of being high risk so get another at 28,32 and 36 weeks. At least i get to confirm she is a girl a few more times lol

Thanks Miwi, I had no idea there was another option other than insulin as thats all thats ever been mentioned to me so thanks for that.
I really don't understand the whole GD thing to be honest and was hoping to just ride it out like I did last time.
Someone mentioned to me that my fasting period may be too long but I can't shorten it as I can't eat too late because I will be sick and I am too ill of a morning to eat any earlier. The sickness is really messing me up

That is crap about your sick line but glad that they are doing you a duplicate, I always wondered how it worked if one was lost etc.

GD is the most confusing thing! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind high numbers. I just eat little and often now and hope for the best! Metaformin is definitely an option! I have some in my kitchen though I've not been told to start it yet. They would first start me on one table with meals and then move it up to two tablets with meals if needed, if i remeber rightly. It's worth asking about! Though I wonder if insulin may be needed to help with fasting numbers? Fasting numbers are very hard to control as I understand it.

Do you ask about gender at your growth scans? I'm always too scared to incase they tut at me lol, though I'd love to have my '80% girl' double checked again!!

squishy have you tried eating something like a digestive biscuit before or 2 before bed? That might help your fasting numbers as at least you have had something but its not a big meal. hehe its good being able to reconfirm isnt it.. at my 28 week one she got a clear shot of his bits so i was like "woooo deffo no mistaking that one" lol

Miwi oooo its not nice having them in the ribs! Ethan keeps ramming his feet up into my ribs on the left hand side.. damn its painful. He doesnt move himself right up often though so i dont have the problem of not fitting meals yet.. bloody with i did have that problem to be honest lol. hmmm soup from the chinese sounds good. Wonder how big baby is going to be.. if you remember ask them for an estimated weight and ill do the same on the 17th at my scan and we can compare :D xx

GD is the most confusing thing! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind high numbers. I just eat little and often now and hope for the best! Metaformin is definitely an option! I have some in my kitchen though I've not been told to start it yet. They would first start me on one table with meals and then move it up to two tablets with meals if needed, if i remeber rightly. It's worth asking about! Though I wonder if insulin may be needed to help with fasting numbers? Fasting numbers are very hard to control as I understand it.

Do you ask about gender at your growth scans? I'm always too scared to incase they tut at me lol, though I'd love to have my '80% girl' double checked again!!

I have only just had my 20 week scan but the sonogropher told me to ask them to check at my next scan. She didn't give me a percentage, just said that from what she could see it was a girl (we could all see the 3 lines that the call the burger as clear as anything) but if we bought anything to keep the receipts. As far as I am concerned, if she couldn't see what she was looking for she wouldn't have said anything.

I will ask about the metaformin, thanks

squishy have you tried eating something like a digestive biscuit before or 2 before bed? That might help your fasting numbers as at least you have had something but its not a big meal. hehe its good being able to reconfirm isnt it.. at my 28 week one she got a clear shot of his bits so i was like "woooo deffo no mistaking that one" lol

Miwi oooo its not nice having them in the ribs! Ethan keeps ramming his feet up into my ribs on the left hand side.. damn its painful. He doesnt move himself right up often though so i dont have the problem of not fitting meals yet.. bloody with i did have that problem to be honest lol. hmmm soup from the chinese sounds good. Wonder how big baby is going to be.. if you remember ask them for an estimated weight and ill do the same on the 17th at my scan and we can compare :D xx

I have tried nibbling before bed but it just comes straight back up and I am ill all night then

It's a deal seths! :) I am curious about how much she weighs. All I know is her measurements are spot on if not a couple of days behind. Remind me to ask on Thurs when I go!
No you don't wish you had this problem lol, it's crap. I have constant heartburn (am single handedly supporting the gaviscon company) and I'm so short of breath. I have to try not to think about it or I kind of panic :-/ Being asthmatic I freak out when I get a bit wheezy. Not to mention my bump is suddenly very flabby at the bottom. Humph! Can't wait till she drops! I'm going to try anything soon!

Squishy - We saw the three lines too. And at a scan before that at around 18 weeks the dr said it looked like a girl, so I've had two confirmations but none for a while! The lady that dif my 20 week scan was miserable at sin so it could have been a definate girl and i dont think she would have said. Good luck with getting your numbers sorted and finding out about the metaformin! Let me know how you get on :)

Squishy - We saw the three lines too. And at a scan before that at around 18 weeks the dr said it looked like a girl, so I've had two confirmations but none for a while! The lady that dif my 20 week scan was miserable at sin so it could have been a definate girl and i dont think she would have said. Good luck with getting your numbers sorted and finding out about the metaformin! Let me know how you get on :)

Sounds like she is def a girl for you then. They can never say 100% as I would imagine that some sad act would sue them if they were wrong, they know what they are looking for though x

aww squishy that sucks. :(

miwi you can deffo ask them to double check gender for you :) they dont have to do it but most will as they have to measure the legs anyway. ooo i do wish for it haha .. i already have the constant hearburn/indegestion too :( But the downside for me is gaviscon doesn't work so i just have to suffer with it.. was almost in tears with it all the other night as it hurt so much but nothing was working to get rid of it. I get short of breathe too but i put that down to being unfit :haha: sorry about the asthma hun :( must make it so much harder to deal with when baby is taking up too much room. :o you had solid bump at the bottom.. i am jelous lol. I seem to carry high atm so i have a VERY flabby bottom bump lol xxxx

Ah right I'm def going to ask them! I'd love a double check on her bits lol.
Oh Hun that sucks. I'm finding the liquid gaviscon works better than the chewy tablets but I've tablets to use up before I buy more! Have you tried bread and milk? I've also heard that apples are meant to be good as they have something in them that neutralises acid (which I know seems odd). Heartburn is awful.
Well my bump wasn't solid solid lol, but I could at least make it look that way, now I just have a bump above my belly button and below that it's all empty space :p Its highly attractive! Haha. I'll take a new bump pic today when I'm ready :) Gotta clean first before I shower etc! Xxx

I didnt have much time to read last 2 pages but i just wanted to say. Stephsmumm i forgot to pack a blanket in my hospital bag to until last night i was like oh crap. lol i took a thin one so it fit in the bag and she wont be overly hot when i bring her out. ive left her home coming outfit in a bag inside the carseat for my mum to bring up.

Lucky ryan's (FOB) should be driving us there when i go but im not sure who's car to come back in lol I would say my mums lol but who knows lol x

Gotta dash i have the dentist :( lol xx

Hey ladies, I am horrible at keeping up but I hope everyone's holiday was nice. I am having a horrible issue staying hydrated to the point that my urine is dark and my mouth feels like Ive been in the desert for weeks. I am also exhausted! On another note though I was laying on my back the night before last and my belly button was poking out abit! Then I moved slightly to the side and saw a bulge so baby????

Hey ladies, I am horrible at keeping up but I hope everyone's holiday was nice. I am having a horrible issue staying hydrated to the point that my urine is dark and my mouth feels like Ive been in the desert for weeks. I am also exhausted! On another note though I was laying on my back the night before last and my belly button was poking out abit! Then I moved slightly to the side and saw a bulge so baby????

is it sickness causing your dehydration? Has your doctor checked you urine to make sure you are okk?

I have already told them and they did check my urine for an infection I was just dehydrated. I had an early sugar test as well and came back fine. I dunno I have not been taking it in well because I generally get sick or throw up to much water.. What the hell is that about? I try to sip slow so I don't get sick.

miwi - iv tried the chewable tablets too.. but the feel of it in my mouth makes me sick. I'v tried milk, mints, rennies, gaviscon. not tried apples though.. i might give that a go next time i get a dose of it. Hehehe i am the same.. solid above the belly button but flobby below lol. I dont so much mind it.. beats the whole thing being flobly lol.

Hey Cherry :D good to hear from you hun :) Lol i still have not packed yet :dohh: Think we are going to get a taxi home instead of relying on someone else.

USAF - deffo baby!! :happydance: sorry to hear your so dehydrated... have you tried drinking the sports drinks with electrolytes in them... they might help a litttle. xx

Here's my bump today. Shall we call it 32 weeks?
I can see how much Im growing when I look back at my pics. I actually love it haha. And to be honest, for the first time in my life I don't feel obese, I just feel pregnant if that makes any sense. Think it's cuz you can't tell what's fat and what's baby!! :happydance:

https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a602/miwi_spud/th_82912332b84048ef15fc1f3fb5c0899b_zpsec9a7b62.jpg

Here's my bump today. Shall we call it 32 weeks?
I can see how much Im growing when I look back at my pics. I actually love it haha. And to be honest, for the first time in my life I don't feel obese, I just feel pregnant if that makes any sense. Think it's cuz you can't tell what's fat and what's baby!! :happydance:

https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a602/miwi_spud/th_82912332b84048ef15fc1f3fb5c0899b_zpsec9a7b62.jpg

omg hun your bump is amazing! Looking at the pic you look completely solid,,, heck i wish mine looked like that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->