Plus size & pregnant join here

Hi! Do you all mind if I join?

My name I Brandy. I just had a baby girl 7 mths ago and after having her I weighed in at 335lbs. In the last 7mths I have lost 70lbs!! I now weigh 265lb! Which is 40 lb less then before I got pregnant with my daughter. So I feel like I am starting at a really good place with this new pregnancy. I am due Sept 26th!

Seths I love that cot!! It's great, and you decorated the ends?! That's so sweet. The room is lovely :) It must be hard doing a room when they're both sharing! Bless lil Seth in the swing lol, I would love a swing, but I don't have the money so we'll have to wait and see!
And holy moly you have so many nappys!! I don't have a single one yet, Eeek. Think I need to start buying a pack every time I do a food shop!

Your bump is lovely!! I have so many stretch marks but you look great!! :)

Squishy - Love the bump! You look great :) Glad you're feeling a bit better and things are coming together!

Zfbaby - Honestly Hun if I cant count the number of times I have freaked out about lack of movement or change in movement. Today for example my LO is very quiet - she did the same thing last week and a scan showed she's fine. If you're worried you should phone your dr but I think it's common for quiet periods to happen when baby is having a growth spurt or resting :hugs:

Hi guys how r everyone?
My baby dropped on Monday and it feels so diferent and a little scary as I hardly feel her now :/
I'm 35 weeks tomorrow getting closer

My name I Brandy. I just had a baby girl 7 mths ago and after having her I weighed in at 335lbs. In the last 7mths I have lost 70lbs!! I now weigh 265lb! Which is 40 lb less then before I got pregnant with my daughter. So I feel like I am starting at a really good place with this new pregnancy. I am due Sept 26th!

:hi: hey hun Congratulations on your BFP hun :D

And very well done on loosing 70lbs.. that is amazing!! How are you so far in pregnancy. I hope you are not having any horrid symptoms x

Hi brandy! Welcome :flower:
Congratulations on your pregnancy and well done for your weight loss! That's such an achievement!! Looking forward to getting to know you :) xx

oooo exciting times Isobel!! aww hun :hugs: If your ever worried just phone the midwife :) I'm sure they wont mind reassuring you hun! xx

So far so good. Mild nausea in the morning, tiny bit of breast tenderness, but other than that I actually feel pretty good. I have so much more energy now and hope to continue losing in the first part of the pregnancy.

:D Thats good to hear Brandys :D I wish you all the luck in loosing a little more. I lost a few lbs at the start :haha: then whammed them all back on again :haha: xx

Seths I love that cot!! It's great, and you decorated the ends?! That's so sweet. The room is lovely :) It must be hard doing a room when they're both sharing! Bless lil Seth in the swing lol, I would love a swing, but I don't have the money so we'll have to wait and see!
And holy moly you have so many nappys!! I don't have a single one yet, Eeek. Think I need to start buying a pack every time I do a food shop!

Your bump is lovely!! I have so many stretch marks but you look great!! :)

oops huni i missed your reply lol. Its a pain trying to find room for everything. Poor ethan will be behind the door lol. My swing was a huge £20! Second hand :thumbup: hehe I have 7 packs of size 1, 4 of size 2 and 1 of micro. Pampers are on offer atm in most shops size 1 is 2 for £6 and size 2 is 2 for £10. Asda have their baby event on atm so check them out too :thumbup:
Thanks hun :D I actually have LOADS of stretch marks.. my stomach is covered in them from when i was younger.. hehe just cant see them too well in the pic thankfully. I was a little scared about doing it for that reason so its turned out ok :) xx

Oooh asdas event is on? Good to know!! I got a leaflet through about it but I totally forgot the dates. I might try asdas own brand nappys tbh, I've heard good things about them! Though if pampers are in offer suppose there won't be much price difference :)
No Hun I def didn't notice any stretch marks! Mine are all red n yuk . . . Moisturising doesn't do jack! Xx

moisturizing never helped me either hun. They just faded over time. I'v not had one single new one so far thankfully.

I have heard they are really good too but i wouldn't trust them in smaller sizes but thats only because i'v never used small size own brands. Although they probably are better as it was on facebook they won the mum and baby best nappy award last year. I use wilkinsons own for Seth. I'm a sucker for Huggies though.. I love my huggies nappies for small bums lol. Might just be because they are winnie the pooh though :blush: They also have now a curve in the front that goes under the cord which i think is really good :thumbup:

Have to admit, after 1 pack of huggies and 1 of pampers (both size 1).. I started Toby in asda little angels nappies and haven't gone back! They're 2 packs for a tenner in all sizes and I'll be using them again with the twins. Swear by them now. The regular fit (green pack) are better than the active fit (purple pack) in my opinion but my friend is the other way round. He has a proper solid little boy though whereas Toby is a bit slim so maybe the fit depends on the shape of the child.

Gorgeous bumps ladies! I'm pretty jealous of your neatness and lack of red marks!

Here's my 19 week twinny bump... Sorry of its huge I can't resize from my phone!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/2F47C636-FC71-48E8-99A8-36DF7176D3E0-244-0000001FAD0B28FF.jpg

wwooweee i love twinnie bumps!! Its amazing hun <3

Iv never tried tesco own nappies. I never went away from huggies when seth was a baby but I probably will once my stash runs out as huggies are stopping making nappies and i dont like pampers for their bigger sizes as they never fit seth properly with him being so slim. He could probably still fit into a size 3 but they dont hold enough pee for a 3 year old lol. So glad im potty training. Pull up on today though since were out for a long time and theres no guaruntee he will use the toilet or that there will be one close when he needs to go.

Well i best go get ready as my bus is at 9am. Will update you girls when i get home this afternoon. Scan first and then i SHOULD get my section date at my consultant appointment afterwards. hope you all have a good morning/afternoon

lots of love ladies <3 xxxx

wwooweee i love twinnie bumps!! Its amazing hun <3

Iv never tried tesco own nappies. I never went away from huggies when seth was a baby but I probably will once my stash runs out as huggies are stopping making nappies and i dont like pampers for their bigger sizes as they never fit seth properly with him being so slim. He could probably still fit into a size 3 but they dont hold enough pee for a 3 year old lol. So glad im potty training. Pull up on today though since were out for a long time and theres no guaruntee he will use the toilet or that there will be one close when he needs to go.

Well i best go get ready as my bus is at 9am. Will update you girls when i get home this afternoon. Scan first and then i SHOULD get my section date at my consultant appointment afterwards. hope you all have a good morning/afternoon

lots of love ladies <3 xxxx

Goodluck hun, cant wait to hear about it when u get back :hugs:

I tried sainsburys own brand nappies once, never ever again, they were bloody hopeless lol.

Lovely twin bump hun :)

Here is my 25 week bump pic.
https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/22029_10151200230905264_23595145_n_zps181e8710.jpg

Love everyone's bumps!! <3

I bought a pack of Asdas nappys today, it was something like 42 for £3.60! I figure that because they've won a lot of awards and I've heard nothing but good things I may as well give them a try - they're so cheap I'm not loosing much if they don't work out :) Plus the fact that they're always nearly sold out fills me with hope lol.

I had my midwife appointment this morning. She is so lovely! She talked to me about LOs movement and my anxiety, and made me feel a lot better. She did say that LOs movements didnt sound textbook but not to worry as all babys are different etc and all my scans are good and her heartbeat was absolutely fine. She reckoned shes just a chilled out baby lol. I'm so glad I have a kind midwife. I heard LOs heartbeat and the midwife said she's definately dropped as I have a lot of room in my ribs now! I can't wait till she engages and I can start on the currys lol.

Hope you're all doing well today :) xxx

Jenny lovely bump pic hun :flower:

Sparkle huni i need my info updating... baby Ethan will be making his appearance on Tuesday the 5th March at 38+6 :happydance:

Scan went really well but I had the grumpy women :dohh: He is measuring roughly 4lb 4oz so looking like a big one.. but they said that about Seth lol :haha: I must compare their estimated weights together to see what it says. He is stilly fully free and has his head resting on my right hip bone the little monkey.. no wonder its been so sore!

The consultant... I could have slapped him! He didnt remember talking about a section or telling me to get weekly bloods done! Took the piss!! I was about to cry.. i had to go through AGAIN why i wanted a section. This time thankfully he wrote it down and my section is booked! I am so happy :D

I forgot to pick up my antibiotics on the way home :dohh:

So glad your appointment went well too Miwi :D xxxx

Hi Ladies! So I have been stalking this thread on and off, and guess it&#8217;s about time for me to just jump in. My name is Jen and I&#8217;ll be 17 weeks on Sunday. Which is hard to believe&#8230; it feels like I just found out I was pregnant. Our due date is June 30th and we will hopefully be finding out in just a few weeks what we are having. I just wanted to drop in and officially say &#8216;hi&#8217;. Hope you don&#8217;t mind my joining :)

Hi Jen :hi: Congrats on your pregnancy. I bet you're so excited to find out if its a boy or a girl, I know I couldn't wait!! Glad you decided to join in :flower:

Seths Im so happy for you Hun!! This is very exciting :)

I thought I'd be happy when Little Miss dropped, but now I'm starving all the time *waddles away to start dinner* :haha:

Awesome news Seth! I can't wait to get that far along, I'm so anxious to see my guy.

I wanna get a 4d scan, my hospital does them for free, so that's a plus.

Im also extra jealous that I can't post a pic of me because I still just look big as usual lol sucks. But all of u guys bumps are great!!! Lov'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->