Plus size & pregnant join here

I feel like an idiot for asking but my bump is a lot smaller right now then it has been should I be worried? I started doing the normal spaz and thinking all the TMI wetness I get could be a leak they told me I was clean on all my infections they tested for and they were not worried about anything last visit I can feel Fallon moving mostly at night though like feel her kick even outside. Please tell me im being ridiculous!

I feel like an idiot for asking but my bump is a lot smaller right now then it has been should I be worried? I started doing the normal spaz and thinking all the TMI wetness I get could be a leak they told me I was clean on all my infections they tested for and they were not worried about anything last visit I can feel Fallon moving mostly at night though like feel her kick even outside. Please tell me im being ridiculous!

It could be that she has moved Hun. My bump is a different shape now than a few weeks ago. Maybe she's moved further towards your back! If you're really worried though Hun id call your DR. Though if you can still feel her kicking I'd say everything is ok :thumbup: :hugs:

Back in a bit ladies to reply properly! Hope you're all doing good :flower:

Wow think I had over 15 pages to catch up on!

Miwi Jen :hugs: glad you are feeling better

USAF wife - I too have had increased wetness and aching bump and same stage as you roughly. If your worried get checked out :hugs:

Great bump pics ladies all of you have lovely bumps mine is still dipped in the middle.

Welcome to the new people :)

Miwi gorgeous nursery

Seth glad consultant went ok snd you got booked in for your section.

Got my first consultant appointment in just over a week.

ooo good luck with your 1st consultant app jellycat :D although there nothing to worry about.

USAF Fallon has probably just changed position, either gone head down or moved further towards your back resulting in your bump looking smaller hun. :hugs: I wouldn't worry at all.

hehe Jenny - I did the kitchen cupboards last week, now need to get a tip run sorted for all the junk i pulled out that we dont use or is broken.

Urgh my friend was as bad as i thought she would be! Moaning yet again how she took 2 weeks off, why cant she be my birth parnter, why cant she visit the day he is born, im stupid not letting any1 come round when i get home since she took the two weeks off. I told her point blank if she wants to visit while i am in hospital she has to text and ask first incase a) im not upto visitors or b)some1 else is aready coming in at that time. Or seth is going to be there. Then i told her point blank if she shows up at the flat before i say people can visit then she wont make it past the door. Oh yeah and add on the "im stupid" for not wanting to breast feed in front of her because she has seen my boobs countless times etc. urm.. its a totally different situation. I am so glad im not telling her my proper section date.. i just hope her other half doesn't see us when i go in on the Monday night since he works in the hospital. :dohh: I can feel a big fall out coming though. If the next time they visit they are the same as they were yesterday i am just going to tell her to stay away for a while until she realises this birth etc is not about her in any way or form. Same as she needs to realise when ethan comes along i will have midwife over every day and then the health visitor on top of taking seth to and from nursery and other doctors appointments like seths 3year injections and ethans 6 week check up. And also the fact that shes not picking him up all the time or feeding him.

Urgh sorry ladies i got out the wrong side of the bed this morning :dohh: had a banging headache since my friend left yesterday and when i went to the toilet last night i had excrutiating pain in the bottom of my stomach that i had to physically breathe through and couldnt move. Then when i got back into bed and settled i started breathing funny :S So its not been the best of sleeps then Seth decided 6:20am was wake up time! So thats now over a week of constant early wake ups with no sleep in. Since yesterday was my turn to sleep in.. but i had to goto the toilet.. then Seth wanted his breakfast but DH was "too cold" to move off the sofa and make it so i had to go make it.. then i just couldnt get back to sleep. So another 6 days before i get even the chance of a decent sleep :cry: I only sleep well when DH isnt in the bed with me and i can spread. :cry:

:blush: Sorry again... :blush: i must have overdid it yesterday and its made me an emotional mess... i even cried last night because i overheated seths bottle at 3am!

:hugs: Seth I'd be feeling emotional if my friend was acting like that too :hugs:

I think some family and friends can really barge in with baby stuff, I don't think they mean to be rude, or cause us grief, I think they are just so excited, and want to be so involved, that they don't realise they need to be helping us out with what we need, not with what they want....im not excusing the behaviour in any way, just putting in my opinion from their side hun.

I am keeping the first few visits at the hospital to my mom, dad, brother and his gf, aswell as my other children, I want them to bond with baby as much as possible without inferfearnace from others just wanting to hold the baby, and leaving the other children out. I have quite a sharp tongue, that wont hold back if needs be, so if they push it, then that's their problem.

We want to establish breastfeeding well, bond with family members, recover from a section and enjoy our time, not be hosting for guests...the end lol.

Hubby, brother and the children have all gone off to kick boxing this morning, I wasn't sure if it would be open in this snow (and it's still snowing) but it is.

I get a bit anxious when hubby is away from me now, and im home alone, I think it's mostly to do with the placenta previa. I get scared he is going to get stuck in the snow, il have a bleed and no one can get me to the hospital :(

dont worry Jenny, if DH is not there you can always call an ambulance and get him to meet you at the hospital hun. :hugs:

I wish it was just excitement that was causing her to be like this. She is like this ALL the time about everything. She thinks that things should be done her way and to her schedule. She is such a self centered person who thinks about no one but herself. She has always been like that since she was young.. but she never tried to be like that with me until recently. And I'm afraid im at the end of my tether with her. Everyone else has accepted how i want things to be and not moaning .. well at least not to my face. Its just her that can't seem to get it in her head that his whole thing is not about her and what she wants.

you have the exact same wants as me hun. The first people in to see baby will be my mum with ds1, and later on at night hopefully mum will be back with dad and my sister. The next day is when i will allow friend in but only for one of the visiting hours as my sister will prob come back for the night time one with her dh and her 4 children. The 3rd day no one will be allowed as DH might be bringing ds1 back in although i will allow my parents to come whenever they want. and the friday no1 will be allowed again because thats the day i should hopefully be going home.. and that time is solely for ds1 to bond with his little brother and adjust to having him in the house. I also want to breastfeed but only the first few days.. and i dont want people around when i do it.. i wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all.
AND ill be same as you.. needing to recover from the section and not running round after guests and making sure my house is clean for them to visit. All of my visitors except my mum expect me to make them cups of coffee etc and that just wont be happening.
Can i please have some of your sharp tongue?? lol I think im going to need it :haha:

im very jelous you have snow.. we still have none. It tried yesterday but didnt come to anything.

xxx

dont worry Jenny, if DH is not there you can always call an ambulance and get him to meet you at the hospital hun. :hugs:

I wish it was just excitement that was causing her to be like this. She is like this ALL the time about everything. She thinks that things should be done her way and to her schedule. She is such a self centered person who thinks about no one but herself. She has always been like that since she was young.. but she never tried to be like that with me until recently. And I'm afraid im at the end of my tether with her. Everyone else has accepted how i want things to be and not moaning .. well at least not to my face. Its just her that can't seem to get it in her head that his whole thing is not about her and what she wants.

you have the exact same wants as me hun. The first people in to see baby will be my mum with ds1, and later on at night hopefully mum will be back with dad and my sister. The next day is when i will allow friend in but only for one of the visiting hours as my sister will prob come back for the night time one with her dh and her 4 children. The 3rd day no one will be allowed as DH might be bringing ds1 back in although i will allow my parents to come whenever they want. and the friday no1 will be allowed again because thats the day i should hopefully be going home.. and that time is solely for ds1 to bond with his little brother and adjust to having him in the house. I also want to breastfeed but only the first few days.. and i dont want people around when i do it.. i wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all.
AND ill be same as you.. needing to recover from the section and not running round after guests and making sure my house is clean for them to visit. All of my visitors except my mum expect me to make them cups of coffee etc and that just wont be happening.
Can i please have some of your sharp tongue?? lol I think im going to need it :haha:

im very jelous you have snow.. we still have none. It tried yesterday but didnt come to anything.

xxx

My life, she sounds very frustrating, sounds like you have told her how your having things, don't worry about her response, just repeat how you are having it, and if she kicks up a fuss ignore her, till she understands lol. Seems she wants to be treated like a naughty 3 year old.

Im sure you will tell people to naff off if you have to hun, don't you let people make demands on you, you will have enough do to. How they react to your wants and needs, is not your problem hun, you just enjoy baby and your family, and get well and rested, balls to everyone who wants to be an ass.

Each to their own with how everyone chooses to feed their babies, I fed my son for 3 days from the breast, when he went onto forumla, as I was just too tired and ill to keep it up. I didn't even try to breast feed my daughter, as I had such a rough time with my son. This time im hoping to exclusivly breast feed though, if I don't get ill, fingers crossed. Im not the shy type though, will be a bit weird breast feeding around my dad and brother, but they can just leave the room if it bothers them.

Im looking forward to someone in public to tell me I can't breastfeed in their establishment, as I can sue them for it, plus il squirt them with boob milk too haha.

The snow is very pretty, but it's a pain in the ass.

hahahaha i would pay to see that! Imagine their face if you squirted them. Ds1 the midwife stuck him down beside me (when i was still numb from my spinal. he was a forecep delivery) and tried to get him to latch on for all of 5 minutes then she took him back off me. came in half an hour later as i kept buzzing her and did the same again then she took him away for the night. So i didn't really get a chance to try breastfeeding properly. When i got him back at 8:30am the next morning no midwife came in to see me. one brought me some toast at 9am, and then the rest of the time they only came in to give me a bottle after me pestering them for ages with a screaming baby. It was the same once i was moved to the proper post-natal ward. Not one midwife offered to help me breastfeed until the day i was being discharged!
this time round i want to give it a go BUT if it doesnt work for either me or baby then he will be put straight on bottles no matter how much the midwives try bully me to keep going. I will have some bottles in with me.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you dont get ill after delivery hun :hugs:

I'v told her countless times how things are going. To start with she demanded to be in the room during labour which i said ok as i was going to have a natural birth as long as she understood she was leaving before i got to the pushing stage and wasnt coming straight back in when he was born (which she also kicked off about saying she wasnt leaving the hospital till she had seen him) . But then i started getting freaked out and at 28 weeks asked for a section. and shes been told the new rules since then. I'm sick to death of telling her.. I mean as if im going to let her in the theatre instead of my husband when dh and I missed out on the first bonding with ds1 as he was taken straight out of theatre and upto SCBU. I didn't get my first proper look at ds1 until he was 12 hours old. and dh had already sent photo's to everyone before i got to see the photo of him.
Shes one of those you just want to tell to Shut the F up as she appreciates nothing in life and demands everything from everyone. She still lives with her mum so has no idea just how much life costs or things you have to do. xx

hahahaha i would pay to see that! Imagine their face if you squirted them. Ds1 the midwife stuck him down beside me (when i was still numb from my spinal. he was a forecep delivery) and tried to get him to latch on for all of 5 minutes then she took him back off me. came in half an hour later as i kept buzzing her and did the same again then she took him away for the night. So i didn't really get a chance to try breastfeeding properly. When i got him back at 8:30am the next morning no midwife came in to see me. one brought me some toast at 9am, and then the rest of the time they only came in to give me a bottle after me pestering them for ages with a screaming baby. It was the same once i was moved to the proper post-natal ward. Not one midwife offered to help me breastfeed until the day i was being discharged!
this time round i want to give it a go BUT if it doesnt work for either me or baby then he will be put straight on bottles no matter how much the midwives try bully me to keep going. I will have some bottles in with me.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you dont get ill after delivery hun :hugs:

I'v told her countless times how things are going. To start with she demanded to be in the room during labour which i said ok as i was going to have a natural birth as long as she understood she was leaving before i got to the pushing stage and wasnt coming straight back in when he was born (which she also kicked off about saying she wasnt leaving the hospital till she had seen him) . But then i started getting freaked out and at 28 weeks asked for a section. and shes been told the new rules since then. I'm sick to death of telling her.. I mean as if im going to let her in the theatre instead of my husband when dh and I missed out on the first bonding with ds1 as he was taken straight out of theatre and upto SCBU. I didn't get my first proper look at ds1 until he was 12 hours old. and dh had already sent photo's to everyone before i got to see the photo of him.
Shes one of those you just want to tell to Shut the F up as she appreciates nothing in life and demands everything from everyone. She still lives with her mum so has no idea just how much life costs or things you have to do. xx

How come they took baby away from you in the hospital? If you don't mind me asking hun. Them midwives seem pretty hopeless, I hope you have better luck with them this time. Iv learnt quite a bit about breastfeeding in theory of here and watching videos on you tube. Im hoping it goes ok, if not il look for a lactation consultant, and ask for help in the breastfeeding forum on here, them ladies are very helpful.

She is lucky she has you as a friend, I have no patience for people like that in my life. A friend expected that she was more important then me and hubby trying to fix our marrage (when we were separated), so she was removed. Id rather have no friends than bad friends.

How come they took baby away from you in the hospital? If you don't mind me asking hun. Them midwives seem pretty hopeless, I hope you have better luck with them this time. Iv learnt quite a bit about breastfeeding in theory of here and watching videos on you tube. Im hoping it goes ok, if not il look for a lactation consultant, and ask for help in the breastfeeding forum on here, them ladies are very helpful.

She is lucky she has you as a friend, I have no patience for people like that in my life. A friend expected that she was more important then me and hubby trying to fix our marrage (when we were separated), so she was removed. Id rather have no friends than bad friends.

I had Strep B and during i had a long hard delivery, they had tried vontouse, and then ended up with foreceps during which they cut his head so he was rushed straight out the door without even showing him to me! He was in SCBU from 9pm (born at 8:52pm) and was brought to me at 12:30am. when said midwife did the 5 minute thing but it was dark so i couldnt see his face or anything.. just how small he was (5lb 14oz) then he was took out and left in the hallway in front of the midwife station all night. I took him into my room at 8:30am after having my shower (at which time i got told off for not having maternity pads.. which i promptly told said snotty midwife i do have them you idiots just haven't brought me my damn bag from the room i was in before hand!). When i got him he was black and blue. The top of his head was purple and black from the vontouse and he was bruised from the foreceps and has stitches on his forehead where they had cut him.

https://i50.tinypic.com/2621tsw.jpg the photo i first saw of him in SCBU his head is so swollen
https://i49.tinypic.com/2054g80.jpg daddys first hug in SCBU about 15-20 minutes old
https://i50.tinypic.com/r90n0w.jpg The morning after when jaundice had kicked in with dh

I hate people like that. nobody is more important than your family :S I'm the same.. id rather have no1 than ignorant, obnoxious friends.

Awww hun, how awful for all of you :(

What is strep b? Iv never been told about it.

How did you both get on with recovery?

Im sure this birth will be much calmer and easier. I had a planned section last time, and it's much less stressful, soon as baby is out you don't notice anything else about the section.

I skipped a bit there lol

Im not having such a good day today. Can't wait to be offered another house. Ryan really does piss me off. I know we're not together but even still.. not sure how to take what my sister told me but seeing has him and this friend of my sister having being pming each other bugging me more.

It was my sisters friends birthday night out on friday and ryans mate never showed up so he has seen my sister and hung around with her. The birthday girl wanted to kiss as many guys as she could and told allie(my sister) she like ryan and would kiss him. So my sister tells ryan who then replies if i kiss her ill ask her to buy us a round of drink. So this happens and she buy them all drink.

ryan told me sister not to tell me as i'd get piss'd of about it which i did and broke down in tears. I feel kind of trapped. i'd like to move on but i dont wanna rush into anything since im pregnant and i really dont wanna get hurt again. And i'd never get back with ryan either but its bugging me that he's able to move on and i feel like i cant. Does this sound wrong :(. i know i should kick him out but i just dont have the balls and would like to get another flat myself instead so i can set up home better for me and paige.

Im meant to go to his mums later with him for his brother birthday but i honestly dont feel in the mood for it no more so im going to tell him to go himself.

Sorry for the rant ladies he just gets under my skin alot more these days

https://www.gbss.org.uk/section.php?section_id=3&section=what_is_gbs

This is a website that tells you all about it. Basically its a bacteria that all women carry but its not always active. Its not routinely tested for in the uk and they only come across it if its in your urine or they are swabbing for other things. They test at around 37 weeks as it comes and goes, you can have it one week.. but then a few weeks later it could be gone. There is only a low risk of it effecting baby but it can be fatal so women who are found to be strep B positive usually have antibiotics throughout labour to stop the infection transferring to the baby.
hmm my recovery was long and hard. Still to this day i have trouble holding bowel movements & peeing. When i have to go, i have to go theres no holding on to it. I get vaginal pains and sex can be very very painful. I had a little "nodule" which was burned off when ds1 was 1 year old from where they had stitched me up and caught a bit of skin. But it was the emotional side that i found hard. I found it very hard to bond With Seth and had a bit of baby blues which i put down to not getting my skin to skin etc and being constantly put down in the hospital about how i was doing with feeding etc.. which i later found out i was right and they were wrong.

I have been assured that it will be a lot nicer this time and i will have 1 midwife who stays with me all the time from start to finish. I am looking forward to this birth and getting to see ds2 as soon as he is born and my skin to skin :cloud9: That is something i really cant wait for!

Cherry im so sorry your having such a horrid time just now :hugs: Seriously hun if he gets too much for you just kick his ass out. I know you want a new flat but the less stress you are under the better. And no hunni it doesnt sound wrong. When my ex and I split we had been together 3 and a half years and id cared for him and his 3 kids including providing for them. When we split i lived with him for another month before moving into a hostel at which point he started seeing other women and i felt so down and rotten. You just need to concentrate on why you guys are not together anymore and every time you feel bad just think that poor so and so will have to deal with it when he does move on! And you when you are ready are going to find a decent man! It takes a long time to get used to an ex moving on especially when you live together still ... but just give it time huni and you know we are always here if you need us :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxx

Oh seths that's awful! I'm glad you have been reassured about this time around and I've got everything crossed for you that you come out over the moon with how things have gone!

I think I'm going to make a drs appointment for next week as this thrush is just getting worse and worse and I want to make sure it's still just thrush and not BV. Though I'm pretty sure it's thrush as the treatments do ease it slightly. I might ask the dr about a strep b test too, as it's bizarre that they don't routinely test for strep b when it can be so serious! How did they pick yours up seths?

Cherry I'm sorry you're having a hard time Hun, I agree with seths, I would just kick him out. You need to put you and your LO first :hugs:

Are there any symptoms for strep b?

TMI - Im having to wear panty liners every day now, lots of thin white discharge has decided to creep up on me. Iv read that its normal, but the quantity had me a bit concerned.

Iv not heard back from my GTT so I can take it I dont have GT, thank goodness.

I cant wait for 28 week scan, I wana see baby again, and hope that placenta has moved.

Thank you Miwi :hugs: I think mine was picked up during a swab when i thought my waters had gone. I wasnt actually told i had it either. at my 39 week hospital appointment i asked what a big yellow sticker on my notes that said ALERT meant. And she said oh you have strep B. I just looked confused and asked what it was and whether it would effect my home birth. It is bad that they dont test routinely for it when most other countries do! Ifyou refuse you can get it done privately for £30. Google Strep B medisave, you can order a free kit and then you pay £30 when you send it off and you get your results in a few days :thumbup: I am going to ask my midwife about it this week when i see her.
oh no i hope you can get something to sort the thrush hun!

Jenny - No there are normally no symptoms for strep B hun. As its always in your body but not always active. and it can come and go.
Urgh i get loads of discharge too hun! Its disgutsting. Woot for your GD result hun :D
fingers crossed your placenta has moved hun :thumbup: my next growth scan is on valentines day :D

xxx

Oh seths tags great to know! I wonder if my GP would do a test for it if I asked her? What would happen if you did the medisave one and then it cam back that you had it? Would you then just tell your GP the results and hope they treated it? How ridiculous they don't test for it! Hopefully I can get a test done anyway! Xxx

I get that discharge to :( i use tissue if i dont have any thin liners. Seem to get more now than i did few weeks ago. :(

Thank you Miwi :hugs: I think mine was picked up during a swab when i thought my waters had gone. I wasnt actually told i had it either. at my 39 week hospital appointment i asked what a big yellow sticker on my notes that said ALERT meant. And she said oh you have strep B. I just looked confused and asked what it was and whether it would effect my home birth. It is bad that they dont test routinely for it when most other countries do! Ifyou refuse you can get it done privately for £30. Google Strep B medisave, you can order a free kit and then you pay £30 when you send it off and you get your results in a few days :thumbup: I am going to ask my midwife about it this week when i see her.
oh no i hope you can get something to sort the thrush hun!

Jenny - No there are normally no symptoms for strep B hun. As its always in your body but not always active. and it can come and go.
Urgh i get loads of discharge too hun! Its disgutsting. Woot for your GD result hun :D
fingers crossed your placenta has moved hun :thumbup: my next growth scan is on valentines day :D

xxx

I wonder if they screen for it in urine in the uk? Id never heard of it before, maybe because im having a section.

I use the thin always panty liners, can't get away without wearing them now. I guess the further along we get, the more might come?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->