Plus size & pregnant join here

Well I've been to the GP and she absolutely shit herself when I gave her my LMP as she thinks I should have come 2 weeks ago - Erm, I have only known for 10 days :lol: I think she felt a little better when I pointed out I have a long cycle so my LMP date is obviously about 6 days out from conception dates. It made me laugh! Apparently they like to do early-bird booking at 5 weeks and I'm 5+6 according to LMP though 5 weeks Conception date. EDD according to them is actually 24th September!

ooo i thought most places did booking at around 10 weeks. Now you have had your booking in.. you can start the count down to your first scan :D :happydance: Plus there are is a lot of women who dont find out till they are further on than 5 weeks :dohh:

Can i have a moan ladies... all night i have had "period" cramp and lower back pain :growlmad: it bloody hurts. If its not one thing hurting its another. And to top that off im still getting stabbing pains in my sides which my midwife said was because of the effects of the UTI... Wish it would just go away :cry:

on a plus side.. the last of babies clothes are drying so i can get his hospital bag packed.. just need to really decide how much im taking since i could be in there for a while if theres any complications from the section x

Seths- 1. Your friend is awesome and 2. Sorry you had a rough night.

Noo- So odd they want you in that early! Each place is diff grats on a due date as seths said now you can look forward to a scan.

Speaking of scan mine is in an hour and I had to finish my water by 9 which I did but now Fallon is using my bladder like a trampoline! AHH! I have to pee!

Seths- I hope that you start feeling better soon. I've been feeling a lot of pressure very low the past few days. I think baby might be pressing on my bladder, and a slight back ache but nothing major. Thinking about you hon!

Noo- So odd they wanted you in so early. I didn't go in until 10 weeks, which they were fine with as I had been seeing my FS.

The countdown is on. I should be finding out in a week if we are having a boy and a girl! Oh, and dropping off the two boxes of fertility meds sitting in my refridgerator to the fertility clinic. Hoping they help someone else like they did me! :flower:

USAF - how did you scan go?? I hope everything went ok :thumbup: Oh no naughty Fallon lol .. i had to hold mine too for my 32 week and have to again at my 36 week. Couldnt do it though :haha: i peed when i got there 20 mins before my scan.. so drank some more... then had to go pee straight after my scan, then again before seeing the consultant.. then again before we left :haha:

Cottleston - you too huni? How did the scans go?

Thanks Jen, I finish my antibiotics today so hopefully it will be over soon :thumbup: should also get my swab results back this thursday when i see the midwife so see whether that came back with anything. oooo lots of scans going on :D aww i hope they help someone else too :thumbup:

xx

Hi ladies! I'll catch up with you all ASAP I promise :) Hope everyone is doing well!

I have a question - how are you all sleeping? I think I'm developing insomnia. The last 3 nights I've been waking up about 1-2 am and I'm wide awake until 5-6am. Is this a third trimester thing?? I'm like a zombie. Exhausted!! Grrrr. If its not one thing it's another!

Scan went ok I guess she did not let me watch at all till she brought my husband and kids in for 3ish mins and she flipped by then -_- she was kicking away though with both legs <3 I won't find out the results of the scan till the ob looks at my charts but I know she is measuring just a day behind and she weights 15 ounces!

Attachments

• 75842_10200580794901487_71177188_n.jpg
    75842_10200580794901487_71177188_n.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 32177_10200580796101517_1692606637_n.jpg
    32177_10200580796101517_1692606637_n.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Scan went ok I guess she did not let me watch at all till she brought my husband and kids in for 3ish mins and she flipped by then -_- she was kicking away though with both legs <3 I won't find out the results of the scan till the ob looks at my charts but I know she is measuring just a day behind and she weights 15 ounces!

I dont like when they dont let u see. Its our babies and it should be automatic that we see as much as they do. I was thinking they should install flat screens so that when we're laying down we can see everything.

At least your baby gives u a good pic lol. My lil guy had his back to us at 20 week scan. All the photos I have are not that good... but hopefully all is well with your lil one =)

Yeah she took both those while doing whatever she needed I enjoyed seeing her even if it was her backside and butt -_- lol Very thankful for the profile pictures she snapped though otherwise id not have an idea of her face.

I haven't had my full booking. I just saw my GP. Apparently in my area the midwife likes to meet you between 5-6 weeks to give you all the info on diet, smoking, drinking and screening during pregnancy and discuss visits. You then go back 8-10 weeks for full booking providing you're still pregnant and then a scan 11-13 to date pregnancy/screening if you choose.

I think I MAY book a scan for around 8/9 weeks privately to see the heartbeat as I'm absolutely paranoid. My GP told me off for being so paranoid and blamed my job. She also told me I have to stop peeing on sticks :lol:

Hey I had a growth scan today....everything is a ok. Measuring exactly on schedule :). I got to see noah's chubby cheeks :). Consultant appointment tomorrow and anti d injection. Anaesthetist Monday and glucose test Tuesday..looks like I am not getting paid much these two weeks. I am not entitled to pay for appointments because I am an agency social worker...I don't think I am anyway.. Gonna google it now. Glad everyone is doing well. Spd really kicks in in the evenings :(

Hey I had a growth scan today....everything is a ok. Measuring exactly on schedule :). I got to see noah's chubby cheeks :). Consultant appointment tomorrow and anti d injection. Anaesthetist Monday and glucose test Tuesday..looks like I am not getting paid much these two weeks. I am not entitled to pay for appointments because I am an agency social worker...I don't think I am anyway.. Gonna google it now. Glad everyone is doing well. Spd really kicks in in the evenings :(

I feel your pain! I'm a "bank" midwife - I only work in the same hospital on the same ward but I don't get holiday pay, sick pay etc so I'll have to make sure I'm off for my appts as I'll not get paid if I cancel a shift for it :(

hey Miwi hun, i think its a 3rd tri thing hun. :( I hope you get to have a decent sleep soon :hugs:

USAF I am so glad your scan went well :thumbup: my anomoly scan was the same.. she had the screen turned away from me for around 50 minutes, and then once she had done everything she turned it back so i could see for 5 minutes. I think its so weird how you dont get your results straight away. 15oz is what Ethan weighed at mine at 21 weeks :D

Noo - oo thats a lot of messing around. I went to my GP, then he reffered to midwife and she came out to me at 10 weeks to do booking. Then scan at 12 weeks. Aww yeah that must be one downside of being a midwife yourself.. you know all the problems that can happen. Do you find it makes you a lot more paranoid being a midwife? Or would you be like that anyway regardless of your job? :flower:
I cant believe you dont get sick pay etc.. thats really bad. I thought EVERYONE in the UK was entitled to enough time off work to attend appointments. although i guess iv never known whether thats paid or unpaid.

BittySarah - Glad your scan went well hun :thumbup: Looks like you are going to be having a busy busy week hun. Again cant believe you dont get paid if you have to take time out for an appointment :S

xxxxx

I dont like when they dont let u see. Its our babies and it should be automatic that we see as much as they do. I was thinking they should install flat screens so that when we're laying down we can see everything.

At least your baby gives u a good pic lol. My lil guy had his back to us at 20 week scan. All the photos I have are not that good... but hopefully all is well with your lil one =)

I feel bad that there are places out there that don't let you see the baby right away. At the place that I go, they have a huge flat screen across from where you lay down to have your scan so you can see everything. I've only been there once but they were absolutely wonderful there. It's also nice because even DH could see everything clearly from where he was sitting. Glad to hear that baby is doing great!

I haven't had my full booking. I just saw my GP. Apparently in my area the midwife likes to meet you between 5-6 weeks to give you all the info on diet, smoking, drinking and screening during pregnancy and discuss visits. You then go back 8-10 weeks for full booking providing you're still pregnant and then a scan 11-13 to date pregnancy/screening if you choose.

I think I MAY book a scan for around 8/9 weeks privately to see the heartbeat as I'm absolutely paranoid. My GP told me off for being so paranoid and blamed my job. She also told me I have to stop peeing on sticks :lol:

I don't think that it's just being a midwife that makes you paranoid. I think a lot of women feel that. I know that I didn't begin to feel at ease until after I had seen the heartbeat, and then even until my 12 week ultrasound. Even now I feel anxiety before my scans and appointments. I will feel much better after seeing baby again next week... or at least, that's what I say now!

So glad to hear that everything is measuring where it should be. Hoping your SPD stays manageable hun! :hugs:

I wasn't this paranoid with my first - I had no idea that the rate of miscarriage was so high (20-25% in first trimester) and that having a raised BMI also increases that risk :( I know too much!

I was lucky with my 20 week scan, the sonographer showed us everything, the whole session, I'd not had that with the boys. When we had the private scan at 24 weeks they had a flat screen on the walls and hubby, the boys and I all watched that, it was awesome.

I have a growth scan tomorrow, am I right in thinking at this point I don't need a full bladder?

Im glad everyones scans went well :)

At the hospital where I go they have a monitor for the parents to see, and a monitor for themselves, which is pretty good really.

Im back to my day time naps, I guess 3rd tri has me now.

I was lucky with my 20 week scan, the sonographer showed us everything, the whole session, I'd not had that with the boys. When we had the private scan at 24 weeks they had a flat screen on the walls and hubby, the boys and I all watched that, it was awesome.

I have a growth scan tomorrow, am I right in thinking at this point I don't need a full bladder?

you shouldnt hun. There was no way my bladder was full for mine and we got a perfect picture. Plus i mean its just no way possible at that stage to hold it for long enough lol :haha:

Noo big hugs hun :hugs::hugs: I always thought it would be great to be a midwife.. but thinking about it knowing all the extra worries :hugs: x

It's annoying isn't it? There are things I wana do instead of needing to sleep lol. But I get to mid afternoon and I cannot keep my eyes open, I think id full on cry, if I couldn't have my bed by then lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->