Plus sized in the second trimester!

You are so right, makes a lot of sense. My idea weight is between 9 and 11 stone, if i got down to 9 stone i would seriously look ill.

I completely agree! When I had lost weight after my daughter I lost about 60 pounds from the time I had her until the next summer. I got a little carried away and was basically starving myself and people kept telling me that I didn't look good and my mom told me I looked sick.

In response to a lot of the ladies on here talking about jeans. I am down to about 3 pairs of jeans that I wear, but I dread putting those on in the morning and pray for a cold day so I can wear my yoga pants or some other option. I'm usually fine in the morning with my jeans but by halfway through the day and for sure by the end of the day my jeans are unbuttoned. We had planned to make a trip this weekend to get some maternity clothes and visit my brother but my daughter had the flu terribly this weekend! I am hoping to get some soon though! I also have a scan scheduled for September 10th and I'll be 8w4d. I then have a dr appointment on the 24th when I'll be 10w4d. If everything goes good at those two I am considering telling people then

Hey Dini! BMI around 35 here. My nausea is so much worse this time, which I think is probably cos of my weight (last time I was 3 stone less!)

I still have my jeans from before I lost weight so I can bring those out when it's time. It's still awfully warm out here so I've been wearing too big shorts, capris, and 1 dress. My normal clothes still fit but they are so uncomfortable on my stomach.

OMG, I give up! I've tried typing this post 3 times now and something keeps getting messed up like I hit a random button that goes back a page or something and I have to start over!!

Anyway..Oswin, so good to see you here! And so good to see all the new ladies, I think this will be a fun thread!

I'm having a crummy day, I woke up dizzy, and feeling bad, and thought taking a nap would help but it didn't. I'm still quite dizzy and of course nauseated. I don't think it's a symptom though, I think I'm trying to come down with something. My sinuses make me dizzy when I start to get sick, so I think that's the problem. Had to have a friend take me to get cat food because I didn't feel safe to drive. Hope I feel better tomorrow as I have to work.

It still seems as though my boobs aren't as sore as before, for about the last 3 days, and I know that's no reason to worry as I have no spotting or bad cramping (still get little ones like I have since bfp) but after seeing all the stories of people who lost symptoms and had a scan and babies heart had just stopped scares the h#@$ out of me! I still have the fatigue and the food aversions and of course nausea, but it still worries me, so I am going to try to put it out of my mind today!

Dini- I find myself grabbing my boobs multiple times a day to check and then I sit there and think "do they hurt less than yesterday?" "Do they just hurt because I'm grabbing them?" "Maybe it's the bra I'm wearing?" I drive myself nuts! And then there's the whole "I feel like I'm peeing less than I was yesterday and I have more energy" thing and I just keep trying to put it out of my mind! I have a private scan booked for next Wednesday and I'm nervous as heck for it! I feel that after that though, even though I'll still be in the first trimester, my nerves will calm a bit. I also have been trying to hold off on buying any maternity jeans until then as well. I have two pairs of jeans possibly 3 that I can wear that are stretchy, but by the end of the day I am unbuttoning them:p

Haha, I do the same thing!

I won't have a scan until about 12-13 weeks for the NT testing, my doctors don't actually do a 12 week scan otherwise, which I think is odd. So that's the only reason we are doing that scan, so I have at least 5 weeks to wait for another scan ;( I would book a private one but I am going to try to wait, hoping that in a week or two I can use a doppler from work and hear a heart beat, or use my friends who I work with who said she'd bring hers in soon so we can play with it, but I know I'm probably at least 2 weeks from being able to hear it.

I'm having corpus luteum pains again today, faint but there so I am taking that as a good sign, I mean if there wasn't a baby needing progesterone then why would it hurt right? Lol, that's my logic!

Lol I grab my boobs multiple times a day too...just to check. I've actually been wearing a sports bra since week four cuz my nipples are sooo sore. Not my boobs per say, but my nipples definitely!

Yeah! I have noticed on days that if my boobs don't hurt, then my nipples definitely do and vice versa.

Dini- my office doesn't do scans until 20 weeks but I booked a private one for my sanity lol.

20 weeks? Geeze! I have one next week at 7 weeks, then I'm sure I'll have another one at 12

Tell me about it! That's why I have one booked for Wednesday at 8w4d ... Otherwise I would go nuts!

Mine is next Wednesday too. Good luck! I'll be 7w2d

Dini - I lost a lot of symptoms at 7 weeks. I wish I enjoyed the time off from the nausea and sore boobs lol because it came right back with a vengeance the next week lol

I am having horrible hay fever today and am feeling pretty miserable myself. I was feeling good that I got to avoid being very pregnant during the summer months but I forgot the misery of ragweed season and not being medicated :dohh:

I had my 2nd OB appt today. I thought I would be in the clear and not need a pap since I just had one in Feb. No such luck. I'm surprised he didn't check for the heartbeat at least but nope- just 2 urine samples, blood work, checked my breasts and belly and a pap. I have my NT scan on Tuesday. OB did mention regular growth checks due to my size and blood pressure.

Congrats on all your upcoming scans girls!! I'm sure my next one will be the NT scan in about 5 weeks or so, we will schedule it at my next appt in 3 weeks. Right now I just want to hear the heartbeat. I want to know baby is okay.

Well my boobs are still sore but not like last week, had quite a bit of nausea yesterday and some cramping and stretching like pain so I take that as good.

Bookwrm I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. We can feel crummy together, stayed home rom work today because I feel like I have a fever and my whole body is achy and my throat is scratchy. I'm going to take it easy today and talk to my baby and try to convince it to grow and remind me it's there!! I'm all for symptoms right now lol.

Dini- my boobs don't feel sore today, but I'm not letting it get to me because my nausea is still there and I also had to get up to pee 3 times last night! Talk about being exhausted lol.. I feel like I was up all night! Also Dini, I just realized we are bump buddies!

Dini- my boobs don't feel sore today, but I'm not letting it get to me because my nausea is still there and I also had to get up to pee 3 times last night! Talk about being exhausted lol.. I feel like I was up all night! Also Dini, I just realized we are bump buddies!

Well look at that, we are! I reset my ticker last week when I had my u/so based on what the baby measured so it set me back 6 days! But that's okay, come on 8 weeks!

I'm curious to see how far along my scan makes me.

Side note.. Has anybody looked at this website?? Is there any accuracy to this??
https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=07&d=12&y=14

No I'd never seen that site but I like it lol. I went to the site the author sited and read the results of those studies and there are a lot of factors involved but it seems like once the heartbeat is detected if you don't have a history of recurrent miscarriage then the chances of one are slim. Here's hoping!! Of course you read all the time about people who hear the heartbeat and then suddenly the heart stops but I try not to think it will happen to us.

Even though I bet there is little to no science behind that, it makes me feel better lol. I have read on multiple sites though that after you hear the heart beat the chances of having a mc is between like 2-5% if no other complications or precious history of multiple miscarriages.

Hey Dini! I'm in size 14-16US! Just dropping in here

Well hi northern!! Glad to see you :)

Mcw that really did make me feel better. That was based on real scientific studies. I'm good at picking those out as I'm a nurse and get presented with lots of them! Did a little more digging and it seems the 2-5% really is pretty accurate. Everyday is a victory in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->