Plus sized in the second trimester!

I am a plus sized mom to be (size 16 us) and I have been lectured about weight gain throughout my pregnancy. But my ob/gyn as told me that it will be okay to gain 20-30lbs.

I hate jeans as well I am wearing maternity pants as well.

I have pcos, diabetes and got pregnant after losing 36lbs so weight loss did affect my fertility. I have had four ultrasounds since I am considered high risk but baby is always fine moving around so much they had a hard time toget the heart rate last time.

I was surprised that I only gained 5lbs so far. With my food aversions, I had really been only able to eat pasta, pizza, cereal, cheese, and grapes. Now that the ms is gone I am really hoping I can start eating better.
Is it weird that I am paranoid that my ms went away almost completely since about a week ago? My NT scan is Tues and I think I will feel much better getting another look at the little one.

It is totally not weird that you are paranoid! But considering you are so close to then second trimester I'd be happy! My ms is kicking my butt. I just ate but feel hungry and nauseated at the same time.

It is totally not weird that you are paranoid! But considering you are so close to then second trimester I'd be happy! My ms is kicking my butt. I just ate but feel hungry and nauseated at the same time.

Dini that is exactly how I feel! It is so hard to explain that I am so hungry but nothing sounds good to eat! Still getting pretty exhausted so trying to eat as much as I can for energy!

I am exhausted all the time as well, and the dizziness isn't letting up at all. It was better today but only because I did nothing at all yesterday. I didn't do much today and I feel like I've been run over. I have no idea how I'm going to get through the weekend at work. I can't sit when I want and some days I don't sit at all except lunch. The nurse said there isn't anything I can do but wait it out and rest when I can and sleep as often as I can. Yeah right!

Hi ladies i am really early 4w3d but i would like to join you. I have a bmi of 31. I lost 60lbs in the last year but now the losing wait is on hold. I just want to gain as little as possible this pregnancy. Like 15-20lbs. Right now i dont like sweet things (which is very unusual) so hopefuully that will help haha. I hope my dr is nice about my weight. Its like yeah i know im fat, ive known all my life, i know i shouldnt gain much wait you dont have to tell me those things. Skinny docs tend to be more annoying about weight issues.
I cant wait for it to feel lime my pants wont fit and you are only around 7 weeks! So only a few more for me!

Welcome curlymikes!! It is amazing that as early as some of us are that we can't stand to wear our regular pants! It's just bloat but regardless. I've continued to lose weight so far with the pregnancy, about 5lbs or so even when all I can eat is white carbs (which I usually don't do).

Congrats on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!! I also hope your doctor is nice as well. Most of us are pretty lucky, and if you've made a real effort at losing weight then it shows you are dedicated to being healthy so they should be good to you.

Hey curleymikes my Dr has never said a word about my weight. In no way is she fat, but she's not a bean pole either, so I lucked out.
I absolutely LOVE my dr. I got her by chance when my other Dr was busy and I went in thinking i was having a mc. She took the time to explain to dh and I why these things happen and we both left feeling a lot better. She even followed up with me and did more bloods to rule out another ectopic. It was ectopic but she was so helpful to dh while I was in surgery (I'd gone through it before but he had never experienced it) and he cried when she told him it was the same tube as last time. Awww
On another note, ms has hit me like a ton if bricks today. I felt it coming on yesterday but was never actually sick. Not so much the case today. Ugh I was hoping I was one if the lucky ones. Nope.

Mod that's awesome that you have such a great doctor!! And I'm sorry about your ms, but they say it's a good thing lol.

I have yet to actually vomit, but it really takes a lot, like food poisoning to get me there but I won't say it won't happen because ya never know. My nausea wasn't as bad today especially if I ate about every hour up until about 2pm. The dizziness was better as well but the breast tenderness that had diminished has returned. I will take it as a good sign and try to stay optimistic!

On a side note, my gf at work is going to loan me her Doppler soon so I won't have to buy one! Yay!!

Dini I am the complete opposite, I throw up over everything...especially something that's gross (think the saw movies, nasty sports injuries). I with definitely take whatever symptoms pregnancy can throw at me as long as it means everything is OK in there.

That's awesome that you don't have to buy a Doppler. I was considering it but not too sure if I want one yet. I dunno. They're not too expensive and its obviously something that will get used for a good 6-7 months...still haven't decided yet though.

I was all set to buy one but she offered to let me use it. I hope she brings it next week for me.

I was pretty dizzy at work today off and on but made it through. So glad to have a few days off.

All I seem to want is bad food lately and I need to snap out if it. I craved grilled cheese so bad I got some in the cafeteria and got fries and someone made cake. Geesh! I will put those pounds back on I lost super fast if I don't watch it. Wasn't hungry at all for dinner though, so I didn't eat anything but some cheese lol.

Hope you ladies are doing well. I'm having an okay day, symptom wise my bad breast tenderness from yesterday is barely noticeable but the dizziness is. The nausea wasn't bad today except this morning a bit. The fatigue however is bad, ugh I feel like a bum! Managed to do laundry and swept and mopped and did dishes and that's all I'm doing today!

Dini- I too have had dizzy spells lately and it freaks me out! Everyone just tells me to eat more often and slow down but that's easier said than done!

Mod- I honestly hadn't been nauseous thus far until the past few days! Nothing sounds good and it just makes me want to stay in bed all day! At work it comes in phases but I'm hanging in there!

Thinking of you ladies :hugs:

Ugh the nausea is bad now. Nothing has made me sick smell wise yet until this morning. My boss always has super bad breath and he made me puke twice by breathing on me, then a third time just thinking about how bad it was. Still making me stomach churn.

Yuck! I am so sorry mod!! Hard to stay away from your boss huh??

My nausea has settled down a bit the past few days but I'm still having major food aversions. This weekend I also craved multiple different things and went to the store multiple times to get these things only to come home and not even want them anymore! Haha I was driving my hubby crazy! I still get nauseas, mostly when I'm hungry.

I have my scan on Wednesday and I am soooooo nervous for it! I'm trying to prepare myself for if everything isn't okay but trying to think positive!

Side note-what's everybody's cm looking like? The past 3 days mine has been constant EWCM. This is a change from last week when it was more white. I have googled this, but seems that everyone varies so much that there is no "normal"

Mine seems to change every few days from ew to yellow tinged to white and that seems to be normal.

I'm sure all will be well with your scan but I think we always have in the back of our heads that something could be wrong but at this point in our pregnancy we have about a 95% chance that nothing will go wrong, I like to say that a lot more than a 5% chance it does.

Thanks for your kind words of hope Dini! I am just so nervous! I'm also anxious to find out how far along the scan will put me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->