plus sized moms-to-be and kicks

1st time mom

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering when all you plus sized moms-to-be felt your first kicks? I'm a plus sized girl (size 18 pre-pregnancy) and I've been feeling a lot of fluttering type movement lately but no real strong kicks. The books I've read say that you would normally start to feel kicks between 18-22 weeks but if you're larger than it would likely be longer. Is there any truth to this? I'm almost 20 weeks now, I'm loving feeling the soft movements but I'm dying for my LO to give me a good swift kick :rofl: Also just wondering if once I start feeling strong kicks will I automatically be able to feel them from the outside too? or will that take longer? Thanks!!!

i was about size 14-16 before and i can see the kicks and movement on the outsie for about a week,
i don't think makes much more difference on the inside not sure about the outside
think it dends on the positio of the baby at the time.

I am 23 weeks and size 12-14 and my other half has only felt a kick for himself now! I could feel mine from about 11 weeks fluttering.

i was size 14 pre pregnancy (size 38 now lol) and felt movements from 16 +5, but it was always the thought that it could have been gas or bowels moving... proper kicks came at around 18+5 for me. I think it is true though, my sister is a size 16-18 and she felt her daughter moving at 21 weeks for the first time.
xxxxxxxx

im a size 22 and have been feeling kicks twice a day for the last 2 weeks

I think UK sizes are different from US sizes, but Im plus size and didnt feel any kicks till about 21-22 weeks. Noah was pretty small due to IGUR so that might of been why

I was a 16-18 size and felt my first proper kick at 16 weeks :)

I felt my baby at 17 weeks now at 22 weeks, I'm getting my butt kicked now lol

I was size 10 pre pregnancy and now 14 (heading on 16) and i would say was around 22 weeks until i got a good ole boot from the lil one ;) xx

I'm size 16-18 pre-pregnancy, and basically i started to fell proper kicks at 20ish weeks!
I felt slight bubbles before this, but the movements are very strong! OH felt kicks at @ 22weeks

I'm a plus sized girl and haven't felt anything yet :(

thanks ladies!! It sounds like we're all pretty much right on track with what the average is... I hate how the books make it sound like it will take a lot longer because we are heavier...

Don't worry pinkmac85, it's still really early for you... I felt my first flutter at 13 weeks and then nothing again until about half way through 14 weeks... I felt the odd flutter here and there from that point on but I didn't start feeling anything consistently until about 18 weeks... you probably are feeling them but they're really easy to miss if you're not super concentrating on them... it'll come :)

I'm very much plus size & i started feeling movements (fluttering) at about 12 weeks. I've been feeling (and seeing) proper movements since about week 19.

I was a size 12 with Caitlin and first felt kicks at about 16 weeks then with this one I first felt flutters/movements at about 15 weeks and I was a size12/14 pre pregnancy hth hun :hug:

I'm size 22 (pre-pregnancy and now) and haven't felt anything yet - or at least nothing that I would definitely say was the baby as opposed to gas!

i was a size 16 before and now a comfortable 18 and i felt flutters from around 18weeks and now i feel stronger punches or kicks! i love it

xx

It's slightly worrying that women who are a size 10-14 are posting on this thread! Do they really think they are "plus sized"? In US sizes, maybe, but certainly not in UK sizes.

Anyway, I'm a UK size 16-18 and have been feeling flutters since 15 weeks. No full on kicks yet, but it's still early for that anyway.

It's slightly worrying that women who are a size 10-14 are posting on this thread! Do they really think they are "plus sized"? In US sizes, maybe, but certainly not in UK sizes.

Anyway, I'm a UK size 16-18 and have been feeling flutters since 15 weeks. No full on kicks yet, but it's still early for that anyway.

I was JUST thinking the same thing!! Most of the plus sized stores here sell size 16 at the smallest but don't get much in stock in that size! I used to work in addition elle and the average plus sized person was between a 22-24!
I wish I could say "oh im plus size, im a 14!" hehe! Maybe one day!!

I was thinking the same thing... my realistic goal is to be a size 12 one day (my imaginary one is to be a size 6)... I would never consider size 12 or 14 plus size, even 16 is pushing it.... but I'm not sure what UK sizes are compared to US/Canadian... I guess it's all in how you feel... but I appreciate everyone's comments regardless :)

US/Canadian sizes are one smaller than here in the UK. So for example, a size 10 here is a size 8 there. Retailers for "bigger" women start at a size 14 or so here, which I still find somewhat inappropriate. I've varied in size from a 12 to a 20 since being of an adult shape and am happiest as a 14 and I certainly wouldn't consider that to be "big".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->