PMS symptoms before implantation?

Dani88

Reaction score
I normally experience PMS symptoms (cramps etc) about a week before AF arrives. It’s expected to arrive on March 4th, which was a week away yesterday. Starting the night before last and last night (5dpo, 6dpo) and today (7dpo) I have been experiencing the same symptoms I do every month before AF comes. I realize implantation most likely hasn’t occurred yet, but can it still occur even though I am getting PMS symptoms? Can I still potentially get a BFP this month or since it feels like my body is gearing up for AF, am I out this month?

I have done some research on the web and have read answers supporting both sides, that yes I could still be pregnant and that my PMS symptoms could change to pregnancy symptoms and that no, as soon as you start to experience PMS symptoms, there is no way implantation will occur. Any experience either way? I'm confused now.

Thanks!

I've been wondering this as I usually get PMS symptoms straight after ovulation. I really wish I could remember if I got them when I conceived my LO. I can remember cramping and pain in my legs but I'm not sure what else. I think I'm just going to assume that as your body doesn't know it's pregnant until implantation, then it's normal for PMS symptoms to occur due to the progesterone. That's what I want to believe anyway!

I had PMS symptoms 5 days before I got my BFP with my son. I remember standing in church being so mad that I had cramps and my period was coming early. This was just my experience I know everyone is different.

I'm SO glad you asked this. This very thought has driven me crazy since we started TTC in August! I can't shed any light on it but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's concerned about it.

I'm in the same boat as well. We suffered an ectopic in December and it felt like it took my body forever to get back on track with my cycle! I am 11DPO and started having AF cramps at 9DPO. I've been fatigued, slightly nauseous, and hungry. AF is due Friday so I guess I have no choice but to wait and see. It sure is frustrating though!

Thank you to everyone who replied. It's just something I've wondered because I always get PMS about a week before AF which would be before I would assume implantation occurs. I've been paying a lot more attention to my body over the past few months. The month I do get my BFP I will let you know if I got my regular PMS symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->