PND Support Thread

Haven't been on for a while.Me and OH broke up.I am noot coping,I am the one who ended it but I rang him earlier begging him to take me back,I don'twant to be alone.

I've had my dose doubled and been put on sleeping pills. This is my first night alone,FOB and Ava aren't here and I am going mad. I had to email the Samaritans.:(

:hugs: so sorry you're feeling this way hun, talk to us xxx

I dunno what to say :nope: I know I wont be able to sleep tonight,things just keep going through my mind.

Hope you're doing ok rainbows!

I hate my brain right now. I've been doing better since I got my prescription increased. But I looked behind me in the car at work when I got in my car after work today. I saw the empty car seat in the back and immediately imagined if I had left my LO in the seat all day while I was at work :cry: (I don't even do the drop-off in the mornings so that would have meant he was there all night and all day without me noticing). I know its all in my head and I would never forget him like that, but I just imagined him there and limp and how he would have cried for hours without me coming to him etc... I hate hate hate how my mind imagines these things so easily now and they don't get out of my head.

I'm not doing well at all. The thing is, I don't know if its PND or just depression. I can't cope with my sick mom and being home all day and having a whiny baby. And Quin has change so much its hard for me to look at him. He's a lot more chunky now and I don't know why but that scares me. :cry:

Repetitive, interfering constant thoughts of cot-death, car crashes involving the wee one, people dropping him, and him smothering himself are driving me FUCKING MENTAL.

/end rant

Well things still are not going as I think they should I'm on 50mg of zoloft it has taken away most of the horrible thoughts like I don't want to throw her at the wall every time she makes a noise. But I still feel like I'm going through the motions I don't feel that bond for my daughter and the bond with my son is now nearly nothing its all about his dad or his uncles but never me the only time he wants anything is when he is hungry cause his dad is shit at cooking. I feel like my husband and I are also just going through the motions. More our less I just feel numb of all relationship connections. I have family coming christmas and I just wish they would go else were cause I know I'll just be wishing they weren't there and I know I'll have to pretend to be a happy hostess I just hate it....

well, guess i'm joining this group. went to the doc's yesterday, and they think i do have PND/PPD. i'm on Zoloft now - 1/2 pills for 6 days, then full pills for at least 2 months. never been on meds like this before...

:hugs: to all those going through this.

Fides I remember you from November boards. :hugs:Drs think I may have ppd too. Is Zoloft helping? I may try it but am afraid because I'm breastfeeding. I see the therapist tomorrow and my ob said to call if she recommends medication. Not sure what to do but feeling very off and not like myself and having major anxiety and crying spells. The thing is it comes and goes. Don't think it being middle of winter is helping any.

Fides I remember you from November boards. :hugs:Drs think I may have ppd too. Is Zoloft helping? I may try it but am afraid because I'm breastfeeding. I see the therapist tomorrow and my ob said to call if she recommends medication. Not sure what to do but feeling very off and not like myself and having major anxiety and crying spells. The thing is it comes and goes. Don't think it being middle of winter is helping any.

Im on sertraline/zoloft and BFing, taking 100mg now, i done quite a lot of research before starting it though and put my mind at rest - i think the effects o f having an unhappy mommy are worse than a tiny tiny dose of zoloft hunny (hugs) so try not to worry, if it helps you, then it will benefit your wee one x

Thanks so much booda. That helps a lot. I meant to ask if anyone else has taken it while breastfeeding. Do you think it's helping?

Thanks so much booda. That helps a lot. I meant to ask if anyone else has taken it while breastfeeding. Do you think it's helping?

I find it definitely helps. Especially with obsessive thoughts, I was having constant interfering thoughts about death (mostly my lo's) and now, i still have them but not as bad and a lot easier to deal with xx

Jazzy i no how you feel about wanting to end your own life iv sat endless nights thinking about the best way to do it :blush:
I dream my own suicide nightly....doc says the meds will help, but they haven't yet

Sorry I can't help anyone much. I did a questionnaire thingy with my health visitor and scored 17 out of 30, she reckoned I was feeling low but it wasn't pnd. Christmas and new year were hard, didn't really enjoy myself, I was exhausted, baby and husband were ill and I wasn't feeling too great. Baby was on his second lot of antibiotics, his first lot he has when admitted to hospital at 6 weeks old with an infection! He still isn't well, now got a cold. Well last week I started feeling really good, have made mummy dates this week with friends and relatives that have little ones. Last night though it was like a switched flipped again! I'm fighting illness still and my dog got hold of the parent unit of the baby monitor and cracked the screen. I see it as a bad omen and all of a sudden trying to talk myself out of those paranoid thoughts again!

I hope you don't mind me sharing, I just thought once I get it out I can move on. :flower:

Hey, I'm glad to have found this thread:)
I think I have PND, well I think it was depression generally and it's just developed into this iykwim?
Does anyone have a history of depression/self harm etc before having a baby? If so, could you PM me? I'd like to speak to my HV about the possible PND but I'm scared incase my past makes them think I'm putting my daughter at risk or something :/
This is my thread on how I'm feeling https://www.babyandbump.com/postnatal-support/847340-whats-up-me.html#post14907455 -do you think I have it?

:hugs: sorry for taking so long to respond - yes, the Zoloft is helping - i am not completely myself, but the extremes of crying over nothing or getting so upset i'm shaking are gone right now. hope the therapist is helping.

Had a really bad day. Just sunk really low all of a sudden and called dr. They are starting me on a low dose of Zoloft. Really hate taking meds while bf but had to do something. Does anyone else find the depression comes and goes? Was fine yesterday then today it was like a truck hit me.

Had a really bad day. Just sunk really low all of a sudden and called dr. They are starting me on a low dose of Zoloft. Really hate taking meds while bf but had to do something. Does anyone else find the depression comes and goes? Was fine yesterday then today it was like a truck hit me.

i struggled with the idea of taking meds for my pnd when bfing but i knew that my doctor wanted to help me get better and wouldn't advise me poorly. They soon kicked in and really helped. I am now off them having stopped at 8 weeks or so into pregnancy. I'm very aware of my mental health now

Depression can be up and down. I found that the medication helped to equalise out them.

my thoughts and prayers are with you guys x

:hugs:

yes, sometimes feeling just numb and cloudy, other times balling my eyes out... :hugs:

Fides what dosage are you on? They started me at 25 mg.

25mg for the 1st 6 days, and now i'm on 50 mg. so glad you're getting help, and i do hope the Zoloft is helping.

I was diagnosed with depression almost 2 years ago and since then have been on medication (citalopram). The depression was quite bad when I initially was diagnosed due to starting a new business up, having issues with very bad neighbours at the property (we own a stud and the neighbours spent 3 years trying to prove there was no access to the property) and some bad luck with several of my horses.

As a result, I feel a bit nervous that I will start to have some issues with PND... I am currently feeling so happy but I have my husband at home so it is all rather cosseted at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->