Pointless moan

lj2245

Reaction score
I had my booking appt last week and the midwife filled in my scan card. We go to Spain next week when I am 11w 5d and return when I am 12w 6d. I told the midwife this and she put this information (with dates) in big writing on top of the scan card.

Today I got my scan date. Of course they have ignored the info on the scan card and have booked me for when I'm away. :dohh:

I knew it was going to happen. It took me ages to look at the date because I just knew they'd have screwed it up.

Anyway, I can phone them on Monday and tell them they need to reschedule, no biggie but I just felt like a moan and as no one knows I am pregnant yet, I can't moan to anyone else about their stupidity! :haha:

I probably won't know my date for the scan until I get back from my holiday now and that sucks because it will be short notice (It will be scheduled for before 14 weeks) and that means my husband won't have time to arrange a shift swap to come along if he's working :( He's a mental health nurse in a high security hospital and things like that need to be arranged well in advance. :nope:

I tried moaning to DH but it's like talking to a brick wall with this world cup. :growlmad:

That is so rude, I can't believe they ignored that! Could you phone your midwife and tell her? Or maybe phone the hospital?

That is so rude, I can't believe they ignored that! Could you phone your midwife and tell her? Or maybe phone the hospital?

Yeah I am going to phone the hospital on Monday when the department opens again. What are the chances they will give me an appt there and then over the phone so I don't have to wait? Slim I bet.

I'm also going to let my midwife know. I absolutely adore the woman. She was my midwife when I was pregnant last time and also after my son was born and she just cracks me up. I don't know if it's because she's Irish or if it's just because she's a bit mad but everything she says just has me rolling about in tears of laughter. I know when I tell her she will rant and rave the way she does and I will just PMSL at her :)

At our ultrasound department/epu where not allowed to self refer don't know if it's different where you are, but either way I'm sure that your MW will sort it all out for you, she sounds great :)

We can self refer to the EPU here, I have done with 4 of my 5 pregnancies but this scan appt is through the Maternity department so it has to be arranged by the midwife initially. It does say on the letter to phone a number if it's not suitable though so I assume I can just phone that and they will send me another appointment. I'd rather do that than annoy my lovely midwife when I know how busy she is. I live in the middle of nowhere and she's the only midwife between about 10 villages and hamlets.

Wow she must be super busy! I hope you manage to sort your app out. :)

I'll get a new date no problem, I'm just upset that it's likely my husband will miss it now because it will be such short notice :(

Yeah that is rubbish :( could you go private then that way hubby can be there? :)

I had to re-arrange one previously with the maternity dept and the lady I spoke to gave me a new one over the phone. Fx they can do the same for you xx

I had to re-arrange one previously with the maternity dept and the lady I spoke to gave me a new one over the phone. Fx they can do the same for you xx

It would be brilliant if they did! My husband has 2 shifts before we go on holiday so would be able to arrange something to come along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->