POLL: How Long Did It Take You To Conceive?

I've never taken birth control.
The first time my husband and I tried we conceived. :happydance:

We conceived the 2nd month of trying. I was on the pill for 8 years continuously but stopped six months before we ttc

Had an implanon for 4.5 years (changed after 3). I had it out December 6th 2010 and conceived December 28th. I think I got very lucky because I had been chatting to ladies on here who had been ttc for years post implanon! :flower:

1. 12 months to conceive - we were successful 2 months after buying a clearblue fertility monitor!

2. Last time i took birth control was almost 5 yrs ago. I couldnt find one that agreed with me

Didn't try and conceive with any of my girls, eldest 2 were conceived on the pill, youngest with the coil. The latest was a NTNP baby n was conceived about 3 months after we stopped trying to not get pregnant, lol. I feel blessed with all my children n so lucky that ive never experienced any problems getting pregnant. X

I was on the pill for 5 years, we conceived 1st month of trying when i came off it. Then pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage but i fell pregnant again 2 weeks later with this little bean. Fingers crossed this time x

I was on the pill for 5 years, we conceived 1st month of trying when i came off it. Then pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage but i fell pregnant again 2 weeks later with this little bean. Fingers crossed this time x
Good luck to you and your lil bean!

I was on the depo shot for 8 months before I stopped bc the side effects were so awful. I was actually waiting until I got a period so I could get an IUD inserted bc my DB wanted to be married before we conceived. I did have one period and the doc was out of town so couldn't get IUD that month...and the next month (Dec.) we found out we were expecting! We used condoms in the month after my period but this little blessing was just determined to be here I guess :)

I was on the depo shot for 8 months before I stopped bc the side effects were so awful. I was actually waiting until I got a period so I could get an IUD inserted bc my DB wanted to be married before we conceived. I did have one period and the doc was out of town so couldn't get IUD that month...and the next month (Dec.) we found out we were expecting! We used condoms in the month after my period but this little blessing was just determined to be here I guess :)

Congrats on your unexpected news! I had the worst side effects from Depo Provera too. I was on it less that a year and had to get off of it. They should ban that stuff. I found out a few years later that they give it to sex offenders in prision to chemically shut down their labido, which was one of the side effects I was having. I can't believe that stuff is still on the market.

We conceived on the first try!!! I've never used birth control!

Congrats on your unexpected news! I had the worst side effects from Depo Provera too. I was on it less that a year and had to get off of it. They should ban that stuff. I found out a few years later that they give it to sex offenders in prision to chemically shut down their labido, which was one of the side effects I was having. I can't believe that stuff is still on the market.

I had that problem too. Plus skin issues, weight gain that no amount of exercise would take off and horrible mood swings. Everytime I got another shot I just wanted to sit and cry for a week. I tell all of my friends that I would never ever recommend the shot.

Congrats to you. Thats is super exciting I guess your lil peanut was determined to be on this earth! best wishes to you

i concieved within 6 weeks with me daughter and this one had been on the pill (cilest) for 5 years with both aswell we were very lucky and im very greatful x

It took me 7 months.

I'd been on the BC pill for about 15 years.

It took me 7 months.

I'd been on the BC pill for about 15 years.
I have a question for you.. Do know if you began ovulating as soon as you stopped your pills? and did you make sure that you :sex: around your oV time? Just curious I was on BCP for 10 years and just stopped on 1/4/2011 and today I am ovulating!!!!:happydance:

Neva taken contraceptives
Fall pregnant first time everytime round :)

I am quite lucky in the fact that I concieved quickly all 3 times. From the moment we got married Rob and I said that we should stop with the protection and let nature take its course. So I worked out the days and we made sure things happened on those days! 4 months later and Noah was concieved. The about 5 months ago we concieved again and did but sadly lost the child. We became pregnant this time pretty much straight away.

Conceived within a week after deciding it was time to ttc on new yrs day. Found out on Wed 26th (day af was due) Super shocked but obviously very very happy because was convinced it would take us much longer. Wasn't on any birth control except pull out method. Feels like we are cheating and i am convinced that something is going to go wrong :( hubby keeps telling me not to be silly and to think positively but can't help worrying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->