Polygamy/Polyandry

I lived for a while in Oman where it is legal for Muslim men to have up to 4 wives. It seemed to cause a lot of stress and tension amongst the women competing. The wives didnt live together but each had their own house & car and the husband would move round visiting each one. My husband worked with a number of men who had more than one wife and they always seemed to be stressed about which wife to see (especially when it came to Eid holidays and they all wanted family time with the husband!). I would never want to share my husband & its against my religious beliefs anyway but even if I had wanted to the stories he would tell would be enough to put me off anyway!!!

In that circustance I think its wrong as it obviously isnt benefitting anyone. I guess each arrangement is different though and if all parties are happy and in agreement to it then its ok although I wouldnt say its something I'd get into im a one man kinda girl lol.

As a culture I have a problem with it because I think that that leads to people taking part in it when they're really not as comfortable with it, the same could be same for monogamy I suppose though. As long as it's by choice and there is the same opportunity for women to have multiple partners or husbands then I think it's okay. I met and spoke with a poly man once at honestly he and his wife seemed very happy. They were considerate of each other and they really changed how I feel about polygamy and polyamory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->