Popping in here early. Hoping for a 3rd home birth

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I am super early but already know home birth is what I want, I've got 2 children who are 10 and 8 years old And they were both born at home. I was met with some resistance from maternity services. Not because of any medical reasons (there were none) but convenience (for them). I persisted and got my beautiful home birthed babies though. Those were both in different parts of England and I'm now in Scotland so it'll be interesting to see if there's a difference in attitude this time, and with the gap of a few years in between. anyway I have my booking in appointment on the 2nd March so I will take the opportunity to discuss with the midwife then. In the meantime I can barely contain my excitement :cloud9:

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm hoping for my first home birth this time and I'm very fortunate to be living in a borough where they push home birth particularly for 2nd births, I also knew straight away I wanted a home birth this time. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have a nice supportive team of midwives. I would think after two successful home births and the latest NICE guidelines you shouldn't have any resistance.

Thanks hun, I hope so too.

I'm so glad to hear they're supportive of hb in your area. I hope everything goes beautifully for you too xx

So I got all my info and appointment stuff through the post today. Very pleased to see on the sheet of options for where to give birth, home is the first option mentioned. Has to be a good thing right?

Sounds very promising. I have a scan on the 9th of March to check my placenta moves up and then on the 10th I'll have another midwife appointment so hopefully she may discuss it a bit further then. My OH has just finished reading the home birth handbook for fathers and now he's even more excited, although he's also decided he's an expert noow!

Sounds very promising. I have a scan on the 9th of March to check my placenta moves up and then on the 10th I'll have another midwife appointment so hopefully she may discuss it a bit further then. My OH has just finished reading the home birth handbook for fathers and now he's even more excited, although he's also decided he's an expert noow!

Fingers crossed everything is in place for you xx

:lol: at your oh thinking he is the expert, it's great that he;s enthusiastic though hehe x

How was your appointment Tally?

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am planning a home birth too, my first, and I am pretty excited myself. :D

Thanks everyone!!

Booking appt was fine, mentioned I was planning another HB and she said 'that's lovely! Not many do in [my area], good stuff'

So, disappointing to hear that hb isn't big here but happy that the mw was positive.

I've got a private scan tomorrow - then we can tell the world about the pregnancy!! :D

That's good she was positive. On the plus side of there not being many in your area it does mean hopefully the home birth midwives won't be too busy when you go into labour. Good luck for your scan.

Thanks! Scan was perfect!! :cloud9: can't get pic on tablet but I've a thread in gender prediction lol, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->