Popping over from 1st tri with an early scan question

JJay

Pregnant with number 3
Reaction score
Hi I hope you don't mind me popping over I just want to see if anyone had a similar experience and all turned out OK?

I had a viability scan this morning. I was offered it after my mmc in the summer.

The sonographer couldn't find anything at first, she said my uterus is flat shaped and tilted making it difficult to see. She ended up doing an internal and a more experienced sonographer had to take over. Eventually (I was fearing the worst by now!) they found the sac and could see a heartbeat. I asked the rates per minute but the equipment is old and doesn't measure that. She said the heart rate was fast. She measured a few times as I told her I should be 7 weeks 1 day but the max she could get was 6 weeks.

She told me it's likely the baby will have caught up by the next scan. I am obviously worried though! I was using opks so am pretty sure of when I ovulated and got an early bfp so the very least I could realistically be is 6weeks 4 days.

Did anyone else have this happen and all was ok?

Tilted uterus definitely makes early scans hard. ( i have one ) try not to stress too much and see how you go in a few weeks. I only seen a teeny tiny fetal pole and a hb of 120 with my 3rd baby at 6 weeks 1 day.

I had an early scan at 7 weeks (due to some bleeding) and baby measured 6 weeks- I thought this was OK as I ovulated a week later than the norm so around day 22-23
But by my 12 week scan the baby had caught up with exactly the dates from my period which was quite funny since I ovulated later
Also early scans are very inaccurate- the good news is they have found a heart beat and its buried in the right place so try and relax a bit now! Seeing a heartbeat at this early stage reduces the risk of mc by quite a bit which reassured me loads

At my first scan when I thought I was 6 weeks they found nothing and then a week later found something and then 2 weeks after that everything was visible. At my 20 week scan baby was very much putting it all on show. Easier said than done but try not to worry :hugs:

At my 6+4 scan baby measured about 5 weeks, no heartbeat or fetal pole, just a yolk sac. A week later baby was measuring a few days behind LMP with a heartbeat and fetal pole; at my 12 week scan baby was measuring only one day behind LMP. I think early scans are pretty inaccurate, try not to worry. Seeing a heartbeat is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->