Popping over from TTC, thoughts please

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
I came off the pill on 23rd June and had my withdrawal bleed 27th and 28th. I started temping, charting and doing OPKs. I've been getting lines on my OPK, some darker than others but never quite positive. I've had ECWM and a high soft open cervix and you can see by my chart in my signature.

Anyway today was FF predicted day of ovulation. I did an OPK this morning and it was light then around 10am I went to the toilet, wiped and had brown blood. I put a pad on and checked again at 12.30, nothing on pad and a bit of brown when wiping. I did another OPK at the same time and the test line was hardly readable but I'd drank 2litres of water beforehand.

Is this ovulation spotting or my period? How can I be sure?

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you're having a bit of ovulation spotting. I would BD today if it's possible for you!

I've checked again and hardly anything when I wipe now. Another ovulation stick is pretty much non existent too!

I've never experienced anything like this before :wacko:

Brown blood is old blood, so it could be ovulation from a day or so ago. I used OPK's for my second, never got a test line that was darker, just close in colour. And I clearly ovulated as the little egg is running around our living now playing car-car's.

Or if you have just come off the pill it could simply be your bodies response to trying to get your own hormones in control and be neither AF nor ovulation. A normal period is your bodies response to dropping levels of progesterone. When your on the pill you have a breakthrough bleed due to dropping levels of oestrogen. You can experience bleeding and spotting if your oestrogen levels suddenly drop, and if the Pill's been in control for a while your levels could be fluctuating. A high level of oestrogen would also account for the ovulation type symptoms you have been getting.

You probably just need to wait it out.

Thanks Girls :) I've put it down as spotting my chart and will see how it goes. It seems to have stopped now including the light cramps.

Any day that you have EWCM, BD .... that's peak type mucus and a sign of ovulation. I have never had ovulation spotting, so I couldn't help with that - but if around 11/12 days after your period ends you get EWCM - get to BDing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->