Pos OPK darker on second day, is this normal?

carlywarly

Reaction score
I know I was neurotic ttc my first but this may be a whole new level haha :/

I got my +Opk yesterday morning, which was a little darker than the control line, and bd yesterday evening. This morning I did another and it was a very dark positive...

Just wondering if this is normal? Don't remember this happening last time but I could be wrong. I only have 1 shot each cycle so just wondering if I timed it well with 1st pos or should I have waited til today? :/

Cheers in advance :)

Kind of like this hun?
https://i59.tinypic.com/zv6e84.jpg
These are mine from my last cycle. When I asked quite a few of the ladies on the forum and my OBGYN they/he assured me that ovulation (my surge) was definitely on CD 20.

Kind of like this hun?
https://i59.tinypic.com/zv6e84.jpg
These are mine from my last cycle. When I asked quite a few of the ladies on the forum and my OBGYN they/he assured me that ovulation (my surge) was definitely on CD 20.

Yeah like that I'm also unsure because I forgot to mention that although my line was a little darker today I did get a smiley on clearblue yesterday :/ Just so confoosing

Thanks for the reply :)

Yep like the above picture, totally normal Hun. Lots of baby dust for you! :dust:

I'm glad you asked, the same thing happened to me. Yesterday I got a +, but today it's REALLY +. Wondering if the surge starts once the OPK becomes positive or when it's at it's darkest? I guess I'll just count my + yesterday as my surge.

Thanks guys :) Ditto mummy to be :dust:

Yeah Chelsea am counting yesterday as mine too - especially as clearblue gave me a smiley. Maybe it just gets darker the closer to ovulation sometimes? Who blummin knows lol. FX we ov soon :)

Yes hun, but only my first time using the new purple kind with flashing smiley. Figured them out just about lol.

I will help if I can? :)

I was just wondering how reliable they were, as for two days I got my flashing smiley and then on day three got my solid. But on my fertility app it said I was still in my fertile window two days after I got the solid smiley on cb digi, so I took another cb test and got a blank :nope:

I'm not sure any of that ^ makes any sense to you :haha:

I will help if I can? :)

I was just wondering how reliable they were, as for two days I got my flashing smiley and then on day three got my solid. But on my fertility app it said I was still in my fertile window two days after I got the solid smiley on cb digi, so I took another cb test and got a blank :nope:

I'm not sure any of that ^ makes any sense to you :haha:

Hehe it did make sense :)

Clearblue are usually very reliable and the flashing smiley would have detected your raised estrogen levels then the solid will have picked up your LH surge. Some apps like to give extra days as a just in case as it is sometimes possible to conceive within a couple of days of the LH surge depending on how many days after you ovulate.

Solid smiley day was the best day to bd but any of the flashing days and possibly even the couple of days later (not as common) are also potentially able to result in a :bfp:

Hope this helps hun...or have I just confused the situation more?! Haha Oh and mega good luck!!

Just jumping in, this happens to me sometimes too. From what I've read you should base it off the first positive OPK. You could be positive a couple of days. Really, you shouldn't test again after the first + but cmon, we are crazy TTC ladies, we like to POAS

Just jumping in, this happens to me sometimes too. From what I've read you should base it off the first positive OPK. You could be positive a couple of days. Really, you shouldn't test again after the first + but cmon, we are crazy TTC ladies, we like to POAS

Thanks hun :) We are that indeed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"