Positive blood test after bleed

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies .. I feel like I have been through such an emotional roller coaster the past 3 days .
I was (or maybe am ) 5 weeks pregnant but Monday I was bleeding quite heavily . Tuesday it stopped and my FRER were light my digital was negative . I figured I had a chemical.
I had blood work done yesterday and my doctors office called to say it came back positive for levels around 4-5 weeks along .
Now they're calling me back about what to do since I had bleeding .
Has anyone had this and had a good outcome ?
I have already accepted we lost it but I have a glimmer of hope .. Thank you for any replies and support <3 I feel pretty mixed up .

I have not had this happen but I had the opposite. After one of my MCs I was surprised to still be having positive pregnancy tests 4 weeks after the bleeding stopped. Although I was still having positive tests, and they were dark positives too, hcg blood levels showed only 56 miu at my first draw and 48 hcg at my second draw, so they were dropping albeit slowly. Hoping for a positive outcome for you! Do you go back for another draw or did they only do one?

Poor you, sounds like such an emotional roller coaster!! It's strange that they picked up hCG at 4-5 week levels in your blood draw, but the tests are very faint or negative. Could it be your urine was unusually dilute or maybe even the hook effect?

I hope they can shed some light on what's going on and fingers crossed everything turns out okay. :hugs:

Hope everything works out ok for you. I have had lots of bleeds this pregnancy. Baby is still doing fine. Hope that's the out come you get too xx

I haven't. For me, the blood work still showed hcg for a while after my miscarriages. And 4/5 weeks hcg is anything from 5-500 or so. Did they not tell you the number? My miscarriages were confirmed by declining hcg which required more than one test. With a digital, they are less sensitive so they'll go negative usually if it has dropped below 50 or 25 (they have different sensitivity levels), but a blood test will still show positive at that point. I think it has to drop below 5 for a blood test to show negative. There is always hope though. Maybe you got a faulty digital? I'm sorry you're going thru this. I had 3 miscarriages and 2 chemicals and it's just awful, especially when you don't know for sure.

Thanks ladies ... I go back on Monday . He didn't tell me the numbers just said that the levels show I'm 4-5 weeks .
I'm going to try and just wait without taking any more home tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"