Positive digi!! Then negative digi!! :'( then positive frer

British Mummy

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for long post. OK so... 13dpo tested positive faintly on a 25 miu random cheap but still had plastic casing...so went out and tried to buy frer. Apparently supermarkets are not selling them! Bought CB digi not remembering that they were 25 miu anyway but it's all tesco had.
It came up pregnant 1-2.
It's baby number 3 and I was shocked even though I shouldn't have been because I was off the pill. I was off microgynon for the last 2 months because of high blood pressure. OH said "it's a sign" (Dr making me come off pill) as he wants a 3rd and so I said we could give it a go for a couple of months. So I was about to start a new pill but my period hasn't come this week...
Anyway... we have a 3yo and 1yo (both nearly 4 and 2) so i'm not desperate to have another yet but would be overjoyed if we did - I have realised this since the bfp.
So Wednesday was 13dpo and AF due (short regular (to the hour!) cycles). So all ok, OH celebrating) I even felt sick all day. And had all week had crazy dreams and sore burning boobs, etc. All signs for me.

Fast forward to today and I happen to be off work and my lo at nursery. So I keep fmu, use 2nd digi from box thinking it might even say 2-3. It says not pregnant. So I think....here we go...

So my husband is like...via what's app...go get the ones you usually use (frer). So I get frer from boots and it's a bfp using smu.

So... now I feel. Well my hgc is probably low...between 10-20, right? So i'm going to start bleeding soon?

So I'd like to know what you think. And if the same happened to you (chemical pregnancy ) when did you start bleeding? I've had no.blood at all in the slightest since my last period. I just want it to be over with if the digi was right this morning.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
BM x

Photo of tests this morning if the upload works... (one is superdrug one)

Attachments

• 2016-12-02 13.45.28.jpg
    2016-12-02 13.45.28.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 57
Different tests of the same brand can be off on HCG requirement. Perhaps the second digi wasn't as low as first. That frer looks like a good positive for your dpo. My CP in August got lighter 15or16dpo after being this dark at 12 or 13. (Don't remember the exact dpos) Fingers crossed & lots of baby dust.

Thanks Momma 13. Still not over until it's over I suppose. What should I do next? Wait a couple of days? Xx

I would wait a few more days and then test again or go get a blood test done. I caught mine super early too and am waiting to test again just to be sure.

Congratulations! I'm not sure they do blood tests here unless you have certain medical history. When I asked my Dr on Tuesday (when I was getting contraception) if I could have a pregnancy test so i could just check before i start the pill she said no we don't just 'do' them or give them out. So I doubt she'd be up for blood tests! Ah well. Yeah I'll wait and see. Just so difficult seeing not pregnant on the same type of test. Was a bit of a shock and convinced me it was all over. Good luck to you :) hope yours is all happy and healthy xxx

That's exactly what I was going to advise. I had a BFN 13dpo, but didn't start yesterday. So, I was totally going to get a blood test done today to be sure, but my PCP is closed. :growlmad: Hopefully your next test will be a beautiful BFP.

Chucking sticky baby dust your way!

This early, it's more likely that you're just borderline of the test's sensitivity (digis really are not very sensitive) and your pee was more diluted.

That frer looks perfect for period just due.

Wait a few days (hcg takes 24-48 hours to double) and take another test, my bets are you'll see a stronger line on frer.

Oh so weirdly.....I found the wee from when I tested on Wednesday...! So I've done a frer. It looks the same as todays... but Wednesdays wee got a positive on a digi...confused! will try to upload to see what you think! (And yes I am obsessing now )

Ok so... top and next one down are today smu. Fmu was negative with digi. Bottom one is today with Wednesdays urine (I know. Totally weird but i was in a rush weds and ended up testing at work and so I took the wee with me). What do you think to the differences???

Attachments

• 2016-12-02 17.48.27.jpg
    2016-12-02 17.48.27.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 16
I think the progression looks really good. Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done) and test again in about two days. But I'm predicting you're up for a great BFP! :)

Thanks very much all for your replies! Saved my wee and bought more (I know, bad bad bad) but couldnt help it. Gonna test again in a min. Baby dust to all. At least if it's not pregnant I might be able to relax a bit. I feel so on edge!!
Thanks again:):)

I think those are great lines hun, try not to worry xx

Got pregnant 1-2 again yesterday and a nice strong frer. Plus feel rather queasy! So this is looking better :thumbup: I'm trying to step away from the tests and leave it. No bleeding so I guess OK. The only other time I had confusing pregnancy test results was when I had an early mc. I know that's happened to so many people on here!
So nice to have people to talk to about this without feeling like you're sounding like a nutter. I feel so relieved whenever people describe themselves as poas addicts lol xxx

I second MS.

I know your doctor doesn't just "give out" tests, which is ridiculous and perhaps they need to go re-read their doctor's oath and re-take a course in bedside manner, but maybe explain what is happening and request a serial beta to check that your hormones are increasing not decreasing. That frer is nice and dark though, usually less than 25 doesn't get a line like that for me.

ETA just saw there was a second page lol jk congrats!

Hi all. Just thought I'd update since I spent what felt like all of the weekend googling old forum posts on confusing pregnancy tests. Some from 2010 and had other women asking years later "what happened? Update??"

So I got pregnant 1-2 weds 30th nov, not pregnant friday 2nd dec, pregnant 1-2 saturday, stopped testing for sanity but had one left and got pregnant 2-3 today. So looking much better now:). Was sure I was 'out' when I saw that "not pregnant" come up.
So baby no 3 on the way for now:D. Have called Dr's and they said midwife will call me in a few weeks.
Frer was positive on Friday and Saturday when I tested but I wasn't totally reassured because they are so sensitive. DH pointed out that the Friday not pregnant test was very cold and had been left in the car for two nights when temperatures were around -1 and I took it straight out of the car and dipped it so maybe I should have not left it in there or let it warm up to room temp?? Anyone know if this has made a difference for them before??
Thanks to all for reading/replying.
Baby dust to all trying to conceive! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"