Positive FRER but HCG at 0?!

aPharmD

Reaction score
Ok I am brand new to here. I've been reading posts on here for months but finely decided to join today. Since 7 dpo (in the PM) I got a faint positive on a FRER test at 3 minutes. My husband agreed it was positive. I called my doctor the next morning and she sent me for blood work (I had a miscarriage at 11.5 weeks 7 weeks ago and since finding MTHFR mutation, they want me monitored by a high risk OB). Anyways, I got the blood work done yesterday AM (what I think was 8 dpo..maybe still only 7 dpo) and she called today to say my result was 0. In the meantime, I had taken a total of 3 FRER tests, all of which were faint but clearly slowed a pink line by 2-3 minutes. So now I am completely sad/frustrated. Could I still be pregnant this month and my HCG just not have risen due to later implantation? I felt pretty crampy on Monday and Tuesday and still some today. My period is due Saturday or Sunday.

Remember implantation usually occurs 7-10dpo. So your hormone level may not be very high. Although if the frer is detecting it your levels should be higher. So maybe they just arent high enough yet to show up on bloodwork and that is why its saying 0. Maybe get bloodwork done again in a few days as it rises quickly.

Thanks for your response. I know I guess I just needed someone to remind me of that. im trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I'm pretty much assuming I was getting some type of evaporation line even though it was pink and within the time. Good luck to you! I assume you're in the 2ww also?

Yes im 4-5dpo today....wishing time would go faster lol. We timed everything to the point and used pre seed as i dont make enough ewcm. Hoping this is it for us as its been a year.

Good luck to you as well. Keeping my fx that the line gets darker for you and the bloodwork finally picks it up :)

well my implantation was for sure 6 dpo, maybe 5 but im pretty sure at most 6 dpo because i got a bfp at 8 dpo with third urine of the day as i didnt really expect to be pregnant so i didnt test in the morning. my positives were on three dollar ones and 1 frer. the dollar ones showed up darker than frer but all were visible. if you got a positive on frer your hcg levels had to have been at least 25 miu to be picked up according to the test studies.

i wish i had my blood test done to show my hcg levels but they told me they'd only take my levels up by blood if they were concerned about my symptoms or the baby. so ive yet to have any idea what my hcg levels are so i cant compare but i know they have a normal range from lows of hundreds to highs of thousands on thousands (423 - 4400) for the same week of pregnancy in different women.

I read that a blood test is more sensitive than a HPT. If HCG is getting picked up in urine, it should definitely be getting picked up with blood..

Very strange!!

No af or other positive yet. Taken a total of 5 frer and all faint positives. I trust the blood work over them and they haven't gotten any darker since Tuesday night. Today is day 28 of my cycle so af should be coming soon. I'll let you know either way.

In case anyone was still curious, AF came this morning. So the tests were all false positives. :( oh well, onto cycle #2 post-D&C!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->