positive induction stories

mummynummy

Reaction score
well i got my induction date which is the 18th september at 38+6 weeks
he is head down and growing nicely fingers cross he stays head down.

i never been induced apart from getting my water popped when i am already in labour. I have a huge fear about dying during birth and after, so please just give me positive induction birth stories as im really scared now that in 3 weeks tomorrow i been giving birth.

thanks ladies

also i am trying to get in contact with this birth group that sorts out anxiety about delivery but i haven't heard from them yet and its been 2 weeks

I have only ever been induced and I think birth is a fairly easy thing to go through! Take from that what you will, but they will monitor you the whole time so its far less likely they will miss anything xxxxx

I was induced two weeks ago.
I actually had 2 failed inductions, but it doesn't matter-- because they keep on trying until you get your baby! :) haha.
I would try and view this as a really positive thing. If you are so anxious about dying during childbirth, then the induction is great for you, it means that you will be monitored throughout the entire labour process and have the professionals surrounding you and your baby. It is their job to ensure that you and baby are safe, and will be there for you throughout the entire time. If they think that anything could go wrong (which it won't anyway :)) they will be able to intervene early and prevent anything from going poorly.
You can do this!! Good luck x

I've been induced twice.

The first time - 39 weeks, I was 2cms dilated and "favorable". Got hooked up to the pitocin, contractions started coming nice and strong. Had my waters broke at 5cms, and an epidural about an hour after that - About 13 hours of induced labor total, my son was born, beautiful and perfect and healthy. I tore during delivery, but nothing dramatic! Recovery was fine... I was sore from the tear/stitches for a few days is all. It was a good labor :thumbup:

Second induction - 40+3. I was 5cms dilated (had been in latent labor for a month beforehand, it just never seemed to want to go into the full blown thing lol)... I was hooked up to the pitocin and penicillin (strep B positive). I refused to let them rupture my waters, and I spent most of my labor bouncing on a ball or walking the halls. Waters broke at 9cms, Parker was born like half hour later - perfect and healthy!! It was a great labor, could only have been better if they would have let me eat some crackers instead of insisting I could only have juice lol. :)

thank you ladies :D your stories are great, they did say they will be keeping a close eye on me which is great but a different hospital said the same but that birth was awful and that was my second. the dr also said that as its my third pregnancy things should be easy and smooth but i heard that before with my third and look how that turned out not fantastic and now i have a fear. I am going to a university hospital and they are all up to date with the latest equipment so that's really assuring, i guess i need to stop that fear blocking it. i want to enjoy birth for once and this be my last child so i want the best labour i know thats wishful thinking lol.

The mindful hypnobirthing book by Sophie fletcher has some good relaxation and anxiety tips and tools to use if you can get your hands on a copy

I've been induced twice.

The first time - 39 weeks, I was 2cms dilated and "favorable". Got hooked up to the pitocin, contractions started coming nice and strong. Had my waters broke at 5cms, and an epidural about an hour after that - About 13 hours of induced labor total, my son was born, beautiful and perfect and healthy. I tore during delivery, but nothing dramatic! Recovery was fine... I was sore from the tear/stitches for a few days is all. It was a good labor :thumbup:

This was basically my experience, only mine was at 40+6. It was great!

Thanks for these stories. I'm going in Thursday for induction and people make them out to be so absolutely horrible!

Thanks for these stories. I'm going in Thursday for induction and people make them out to be so absolutely horrible!

They really are not, you go in calm, ready, prepared, they are on stand by with everything they need for you, you get extra attention because they started you off so they are "more" responsible for you, you wont be sent home if you are 2 cm's dilated.. You are fist on the list if you want pain relif xx I have really enjoyed all my births.

I was induced at 40+1 as my waters had broken but I hadn't gone into established labour. I was contracting regularly and they were painful but after 32 hours I was still only 2cm dilated. I got hooked up to the pitocin drip at around 11.30pm and my ds was born at 1.41am. He was totally healthy and I had no tears or complications, we just had to stay in an extra night as I'd been without my waters over 24 hours and it's routine incase either of us got an infection but we were both totally fine.

Thanks again I love these positive stories keep them coming :D xx

I was induced and it was a good experience so I wouldn't actually mind being induced again (tbh more scared of the unknown)

I went in at 9.30am was checked was 2cm had the pessary put in, monitored for 30 mins - then told I could go or stay so we went got some food by 2pm I was back with contractions every 3 mins my waters went on their own at roughly 3pm and pessary was removed - 7pm I was 8cm and moved to delivery ward - my son was born at 10.35pm - TENS machine & Gas and Air only :thumbup:

I actually wouldn't mind going this way again however, I DO NOT want to be 40+10 this time :haha:

Good luck to you :hugs:

The conversation with my OB yesterday was about an induction on my due date if I don't have baby before 40 weeks. After the age of 40 your chance of still born goes up by 20% so we'll try everything to avoid an induction but if it happens, it happens. My doc uses the foley technique (inter-uterine balloon). Not wanting anything stuck up my hoohaa (I'm a total chicken with all that's going to happen birth or induction) so she told me to start hand expressing and have lots of sex with orgasms to try to go naturally after 38 weeks. I'm glad there are positive induction stories, we'll see if it comes down to that!:argh:

This is great, seems like you can do it with gas and air which I only wanted and I'm gonna try and keep active during labour. It seems you all got induced around 40+ weeks they gonna do mine on the 38+6 weeks, would it be worse doing it early?

My doctor is also using foley technique with me first.

This is great, seems like you can do it with gas and air which I only wanted and I'm gonna try and keep active during labour. It seems you all got induced around 40+ weeks they gonna do mine on the 38+6 weeks, would it be worse doing it early?
I am always induced at 37 weeks, only had gas and air! I don't think it would be any different!

i was induced 6 out of 7 times
3 times over due date
3 times before 38 weeks ish
i only used gas and air and my labors where about 3 hours ish before is worse imo but not 2 bad ;) just take it as is goes as every labor is different if you need pain relief it doesn't matter when you have your baby in your arms xx

i was induced 6 out of 7 times
3 times over due date
3 times before 38 weeks ish
i only used gas and air and my labors where about 3 hours ish before is worse imo but not 2 bad ;) just take it as is goes as every labor is different if you need pain relief it doesn't matter when you have your baby in your arms xx

Wowzers - super mom! :bunny::thumbup:

thats amazing 7 babies i admire you with each my babies i was scared of dying in labour and this is my third i would drive myself insane, you must be used to the pain, my partner wont let me have my four, fingers cross that will change once my babies are in school :D anyway i like your idea, i guess i just go with the flow haha, i really want to avoid a epidural as i had that with my first and my labour slowed down, apart from my fear i am really looking forward to this birth, im glad some you ladies had an induction early i was starting to think im the only one haha.
sorry i talk loads, thats why i try to reply with short replies haha.
you are all amazing xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->