positive induction stories

My first induction wasn't great so I won't go into that lol other than to say I was 41+4 and my cervix wasn't favourable. If it is then that greatly increases your chances of having a positive induction.
My second induction was at 41+5 and my cervix was already favourable. I was given 2 gels in my cervix one in the morning and one in the evening and I went into labour in the middle of the night. My waters broke when I was examined and baby was born 1h45m later with 45m of that being pushing. Seems like my body takes a while to 'get going' with labour but once I start dilating I progress quickly! I'm pretty much expecting to need to be induced past my due date with this baby aswell but I'm less worried than I was the other 2 times. I think with it being your third aswell your odds are very good for a positive induction :)

thank you, with my first two i went into labour naturally but i had to get my waters broke.
I'm really hoping for a positive labour, seems that most inductions are good haha

I was induced at 13 days overdue. I was unfavourable for labour- cervix high, no dilation at all, not effaced- basically I was shut for business :haha:. I had a pessary inserted, hung out with DH for the day and just relaxed. I was checked at 10pm as I needed another pessary inserted, I went on the monitor for an hour and noting had changed, LO was chilling out and I was still totally unfavourable. An hour later I realised I was having contractions, they picked up quickly and I got examined and was 3cm. The MW left me to call L&D and when she came back 45 minutes later I was 6cm. We walked down the corridor to L&D, got on the gas and air (delicious stuff :haha:) and examined again, I was 7cm. I had to go on my back as LO needed monitoring (passed meconium and his heart rate was high, but he was OK) and that slowed things down, but it was still quick and he was born within 6 hours of my first contraction :). I was on such a high, I was ready to do it all over again and I felt totally elated for about a week afterwards :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->