Positive OPK or not quite?

bdb84

Reaction score
This is my first cycle TTC #3 and also my first cycle to use OPK's. I've been using Clearblue Advanced Digital the past week (and got 5 flashing smileys), but I ran out yesterday and didn't feel like buying a brand new kit (I couldn't find only test strips at the store), so I went with several Dollar Tree tests instead.

Anyways, this was taken this morning. Half of the test line is darker than the control line, but the other half looks a bit lighter than it (or very nearly the same color). Is this normal? Positive? Or should I be expecting a positive pretty dang soon?

I'm on CD-17 of a 30 day cycle so it needs to happen soon. :?

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/Brandi1892/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7ee52398.jpg

I'm in over my head on this one. Idk anything about opk. But I've seen a lot of girls say only a dark line darker than control line is a positive.

Im sure someone who know more about this will bite soon. Sorry. I guess I may have waisted your time.

Yeah, I'm no expert on OPK's.. but I do know that a lot of women get half lines on these tests.. at least that's what I've seen during my google searches. :lol:

If not, maybe it just means tonight or tomorrow? Here's to hoping.

That half of the line looks pretty dark to me. So I would assume its a positive?

I just looked up positive opk images on Google. And I think you are go to go..DTD again......for the tenth time! Lol you should probably DTD for the next three days.

Thanks! I definitely plan on it.

My poor DH.. he hasn't been this drained in 5 years.. since we started TTC our daughter.

The lines got to be exact same colour as the control line or darker, to me I'd call that a posotive or very VERY close to a positive, I say go DTD NOW!! :haha:

Ahh, my husband won't be home until 6 this evening. We last DTD at midnight, so I should still be okay until the kids go to bed, right? :D

Mine said with a smile "you just want me for my seeds" we both laughed. It gets tiresom aftrer so many days straight!

Ahh, my husband won't be home until 6 this evening. We last DTD at midnight, so I should still be okay until the kids go to bed, right? :D

I would think so. Cause when you get your positive that means you will O within 24-48 hours.

Mines on his way home now, be home in about half hour my DD is gong to bed at 6.30 and then it's time!! I got my first smiley on opk today so I'm not wasting anytime :haha:

Mine said with a smile "you just want me for my seeds" we both laughed. It gets tiresom aftrer so many days straight!

Lol, my husband says the same. "I feel so used". He loves it, though.

Mines on his way home now, be home in about half hour my DD is gong to bed at 6.30 and then it's time!! I got my first smiley on opk today so I'm not wasting anytime :haha:

Woo hoo!! Baby dust!!

:dust: fingers tightly crossed this is our month ladies!!

Have any of you ladies used the cb digi?

I've used the advanced digital- the one with the empty circle, flashing smiley, and then the solid smiley.

I've used the advanced digital- the one with the empty circle, flashing smiley, and then the solid smiley.

That's exactly what I'm using, how do you find it? I got my first day of flashing smiley today. Xx

My first day was a blank smiley, and then I had 5 consecutive days of flashing smileys (I was testing with FMU and then in the evening). I got frustrated with the multiple flashing smileys and felt like it was being *too* cautious and giving me days where I really wasn't all that fertile, kwim?

I was going to buy another pack of test strips this AM, but I could not find just the strips only, and it didn't seem worth it to pay for a brand new kit when I have to use my old tester due to it logging my memory and such.

Hi I say just baby dance the next few days. But keep testing with opk. I'm not sure about the half line thing but I'm sure some people consider that positive.

I am yet to get a positive opk this cycle!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi I say just baby dance the next few days. But keep testing with opk. I'm not sure about the half line thing but I'm sure some people consider that positive.

I am yet to get a positive opk this cycle!

Now that's organized! I just piled all of mine up on my restroom shelf without even marking them. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->