Positive OPK test 7 days after ovulation. Pregnant?

Elise12345

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the cheapie OPK... This was around 10 minutes after testing, a line showed up pretty much instantly and just kept getting darker. If you can see, it's definitely darker than the test line.

https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/Elise-182/imagejpg1_zps5cc9c791.jpg

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been "not trying/not preventing" I guess. And I've worked out that I ovulate on day 16 usually. (By temping, OPKS and checking cervical mucus). This month, I didn't do anything to track my cycle, and on day 15 and 16, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice, but he pulled out both times. The first time was at night and the second time was early the next morning.

So now I'm 7DPO. (If I definitely ovulated on day 16 like I usually do). And for some reason I decided to test using an OPK and it is showing as a definite positive. I then looked online and read this...

"A standard ovulation test (OPK) is unable to distinguish between LH and hCG in your urine. Therefore, if you have enough of either of the two hormones (LH or hCG) in your urine at the time you test using an OPK, you will get a positive result on the OPK."

So is this true? It it possible I'm pregnant? Please answer. Any opinions/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
I have heard of people getting a positive OPK before they get their BFP on and HPT. I actually am in the same boat as you right now! I say wait a few days and test with a HPT. Good luck!!

It happened for me with my daughter! However it can also happen before a period... but fingers crossed!!!

It is pretty darned positive though isn't it! If you have a cheapie preg test I'd do one! x

Happened to me this month and I got a BFP. But I've also had really dark OPKs before AF arrived. Hard to say either way but it does look promising!

it happened with my daughter when I was prego. m opk got really dark then took a hcg the next dy and was +

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->