Positive OPK test 7 days after ovulation. Pregnant?

Elise12345

Reaction score
(I wasn't sure where to ask this on this site so I'm asking it here as well)

Here's a picture of the cheapie OPK... This was around 10 minutes after testing, a line showed up pretty much instantly and just kept getting darker. If you can see, it's definitely darker than the test line.

https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/Elise-182/imagejpg1_zps5cc9c791.jpg

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been "not trying/not preventing" I guess. And I've worked out that I ovulate on day 16 usually. (By temping, OPKS and checking cervical mucus). This month, I didn't do anything to track my cycle, and on day 15 and 16, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice, but he pulled out both times. The first time was at night and the second time was early the next morning.

So now I'm 7DPO. (If I definitely ovulated on day 16 like I usually do). And for some reason I decided to test using an OPK and it is showing as a definite positive. I then looked online and read this...

"A standard ovulation test (OPK) is unable to distinguish between LH and hCG in your urine. Therefore, if you have enough of either of the two hormones (LH or hCG) in your urine at the time you test using an OPK, you will get a positive result on the OPK."

So is this true? It it possible I'm pregnant? Please answer. Any opinions/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

I would, just incase, still be having intercourse if you're looking to get pregnant - you may be ovulating late ( this has happened to me twice within the last year, over a week late!) If not, wait a few days and take a HPT. Some women do get a positive opk when pregnant, and some don't. Hope you get the result you want! Keep us posted! :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking could be happening actually, just ovulating late. I'll buy a couple pregnancy tests and test in a few days. Will definitely keep you posted! Thanks :)

I OPK 6DPO and still Pos too looks like same OPK test you used pretty much. I am not due for AF for a week so I am curious to see what we both find out.

Some women get a 2nd LH serge right before AF is due. This doesn't mean you are going to ovulate again, it just means you are having a serge. An LH serge =/= pregnant.

That could have happened to you, or you are ovulating later than you thought. If you are temping keep with that and see what FF says.

Can you post your chart?

An ovulation stick CAN pick up pregnancy, but you'd have to be pretty darn pregnant for it to work from everything ive read, thats why you shouldn't use them to help with a pregnancy diagnosis ;)

Same thing happened to me this cycle and I also O'd on CD16. I've gotten surges when I was about to have AF and also when I was pregnant so it's pretty impossible for me personally to distinguish why I'm having a surge. GL!

Im 16 weeks pregnant, give me a few and i'll go pee on an OPK and let you know what it says ;)

Here's mine from tonight 8DPO :wacko:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel