Positive Ovulation test?? Opinions please!!

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
Ok, some updates since I was here last. Thanks to Fertilaid for women I finally had a cycle (a REALLY GOOD CYCLE!) Dec 26th!! Im now on my second bottle and CD10. I think I just got a positive ovulation test!! Im so excited my doctor shulfed me off and told me to "dont even consider it a possibility for 6 to 8 months) and (Fertilaid is just vitamins it wont help you) Well I want to prove her wrong! Opinions please!! Positive or just barely positive? I must also mention i have NEVER had a positive ovulation test so this is really exciting for me.

Attachments

• OPK1.jpg
    OPK1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 23
It looks good to me!! You may want to buy some of the clearblue ones that give you a smiley face. Sometimes I have a hard time knowing if it is positive or close so I used the clearblue as a backup -there is no mistaking the smiley! Either way, if yours is not positive it probably will be in a few hours! Glad the fertilaid is working for you!!

I think its definite today! My first positive OPK! CD 11!:happydance:

Attachments

• opk2.jpg
    opk2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 17
I wish I posted my OPK's on here! Because I got one that looked like yours and I thought it was negative. GRRRR So we totally missed O'ing (which explains the BFN) and I O a few days before I thought I did!!

Thank you for posting yours! :)

Yes from what I hear as long as the lines are the same color, or the second line is bolder than the control it is a positive result. According to my calendar my ovulation dates are Jan 6 or Jan 8, depending on whether my cycle is 28 or 30 days which Im still not sure of. Also I have been testing at 4 pm because I guess the result it truer in the evening. We are getting busy just be safe!! :sex: LOL :happydance: We will see what happens!

:dust:

Get u some cheepies and then a pack of the clear blue digital. This is my first month with the clear blue & I love them... Good luck

Just found out that PCOS can cause numerous false positive OV tests ...wow feel like I just got punched in the stomach.

HisKhaleesi - Looks positive to me :) I have PCOS as well and have super long cycle (last one was 91 days). Anyway, sadly it is true about the false positives. Although, every time I get false positive the control line was never actually brighter then the test line. It was always a test that I'd look at and say "looks positive but maybe not quite there yet"....the first real positive I saw there was no mistaking it as it was practically glowing! lol I was pretty excited!
If you don't already, you should start temping as after a true positive OPK you'd see a temp shift and then you could confirm ovulation. It does get daunting with long cycles but you get used to it after a while. Have a look at some of my charts if you'd like!

Im not sure whats going on!? According to my charts this is my fertile week. I just tested again and got another very strong positive. So this would be day 3 of positive tests! I am cramping really badly too....However, there is not much CM.....Im not sure what to think. I have taken OPKs in the past and also got a result line that was much lighter than the control (a negative). So Im not sure if its the real deal or not...3 days of positives is really wierd!! I will post a picture of todays test.

Attachments

• OPK3.jpg
    OPK3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 16
All three tests together.

Attachments

• OPK3.jpg
    OPK3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
wow - that last one is super dark. I would take it as a sure positive and BD away! Are you also temping?

Heres the thing with temp-ing...this might be tmi, but my hubby is still extremely nervous about the whole situation, so if he sees me putting in extra effort he gets performance anxiety, which trumps the whole thing. Seriously, he told me not to test for ovulation when hes home because it puts too much pressure on him to *ahem* perform appropriately, he just wants it to be natural. So Im trying not to push him to hard. It took 6 years just to get him to even open up to the idea, and Im shocked that we've come this far, I dont want to can the whole deal or I would be crushed.

Awe, that's too bad. Our last baby was conceived after a few cycles of clomid and fumera and my husband started to feel a lot of pressure. It was like our lives revolved around TTC. This time we are trying a more natural approach and hoping herbs and vitamins will do the trick. I've been temping for a few months now simply to help myself get to know my body and to confirm if I do O. I couldn't stand not knowing if my OPKs were accurate or not. I always just keep my temps and OPK's to myself until I have confirmed ovulation.

Heres the thing with temp-ing...this might be tmi, but my hubby is still extremely nervous about the whole situation, so if he sees me putting in extra effort he gets performance anxiety, which trumps the whole thing. Seriously, he told me not to test for ovulation when hes home because it puts too much pressure on him to *ahem* perform appropriately, he just wants it to be natural. So Im trying not to push him to hard. It took 6 years just to get him to even open up to the idea, and Im shocked that we've come this far, I dont want to can the whole deal or I would be crushed.

awe - I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: But I get it. I do everything quietly so my OH doesn't feel too much pressure. He doesn't like when I get too excited about something because he doesn't want me to get disappointed. He is more realistic about how long this might take than me.

I have never let him know I'm doing an OPK. Actually only have one left and then I am done with those, I don't think they are reliable for me. By the time I get to doing them I think my urine is too diluted.

I temp in the AM before he even gets up, so he knows I do it, but he never see's it. Is there anyway that you can temp before he gets up and has a chance to see you do it? I have a thermometer that beeps, so when I do it in the morning the second it beeps I shove it under the pillow. Then get up and go to the bathroom to read it and record it on the FF app on my phone.

Haha! Thats funny that you shove it under the pillow! I suppose I could try that...we agreed that this would be our last child. We only share 1 child together right now (a girl), he says hes hoping for a boy this time. I think he just spends too much time thinking about it during sex sometimes and then cant complete the job. Hes trying hard though! LOL Im going to test again this afternoon to see if its still positive ( I usually test around 4pm) or if it has dropped. We werent able to BD yesterday when it was so dark because my husband is a firefighter and worked a 24 hour shift yesterday, but we did first thing when he came home! So hopefully I still have a chance if they are accurate. Alot of things I have read said if you get a positive for 5 days or longer to just discard the results it if you have PCOS. But, like I said before according to my chart this would be my fertile week so I guess its onto the two week wait after this to see if it worked.

Ya it actually works!! haha We were recently on vacation and he saw the thermometer and asked if I was still temping because he didn't think I was since he never saw me do it!

Have you tested with different brands of OPK's? I read somewhere recently (on here, but can't remember who said it) that a women said she never got a positive until she switched brands.

If I get positives for more than 7 days I will switch brands. Took another today still positive. Do they stay positive after youve ovulated? I just read somewhere that someone said when you have a long LH cycle sometimes you release more than one egg!!?!? OH LAWWD! :headspin::oneofeach: I would have some explaining to do if that were to happen. LOL I wont jinx myself!

Attachments

• OPK4.jpg
    OPK4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
You must be right! Looks like its coming back down! maybe they do work for me after all! I hope I actually ovulated......I was cramping really bad at first but they subsided yesterday. Please come down little eggy! :happydance: lol That was a really long LH spike....is it normal to have one for so long?

Attachments

• OPK5.jpg
    OPK5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back