Positive test after depo shot

Usmcdaughter

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm in need of a little advice..
Here is a little bit about me.
I was on depo for 4 years. No periods. The dr's told me I couldn't get pregnant.
When I went in July2016 to get the depo shot the Dr. told me after this shot I should take a break from depo and try pills. Because of the depo side affect..
So in Sept 2016. I went back for birth control pills. And I didn't take them, me and my boyfriendad agreed to just get off birth control since I can't get pregnant always and don't have periods..
So January 2017 comes around and I have two periods in a month a week long and week apart. Light periods. And hardly any cramping.. I went to my Dr two weeks later. And she tells me I can definitely get pregnant. For instance took a pregnancy test Feb 2 2017. It was negative. Took another Feb 8 2017. Negative. So on Feb 8 2017 I went ahead and got the depo shot. This morning Feb 17 2017. I took a FR test. And got dark line and faint line...

So I guess what I'm asking is... is it possible to be pregnant a week after getting the depo shot ?

Was it the depo shot that made you not have periods, or did you not have them before you started the depo shots?

You could be pregnant if you weren't using any form of birth control.

Yes you could be pregnant because of the gap in contraceptive.

I haven't posted in years but i just have to for this. My sister was told she couldn't get pregnant but her latest boyfriend insisted on birth control so she chose depo. They've been doing the on/off game for awhile so she let her shot have a week long gap as well. She's currantly 12 weeks pregnant with twins soooo yeah it can definitely happen.

I on the other hand couldn't conceive after 4 years of depo lol

Yes, it's definitely possible. The shot should prevent you from ovulating (given enough time in your body to take effect), but it won't do anything if you've already ovulated and conceived. If you got the shot and you were already pregnant, then you'll stay pregnant and the shot shouldn't make any difference. Obviously, unless you have had fertility testing, I wouldn't trust someone saying you can't get pregnant just because you have irregular periods because you definitely can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->