Positive test after giving birth

Leste785

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this so i don't really know how it works but i need some help...
9 weeks ago i gave birth to my little girl. For the first 4-5 weeks after having her i still had leftover hcg in my system. Well 2 weeks ago i had my first period since giving birth. Today i took a test and it was a faint positive. Could it still be the left over hormones?!

It could be either a new pregnancy or leftover hormones to be totally honest. You just have to keep testing to see if it gets darker. Do you have a pic we can look at?

Yeah but i dont know how to upload them...

If you're using mobile go on desktop version. When you post a comment it should say at the bottom .. (add attachment) click on that!

If you had your first period 2 weeks ago, and it was a real period, not just a bit of spotting, I would think it was unlikely to be a new pregnancy as it doesn't seem like there would have been enough time for you to ovulate and for implantation to occur in that time, though anything is always possible! I would suspect it wouldn't be leftover hcg from the pregnancy as that's an awfully long time. I would bet it's possible that it could be a faulty test more than anything if it's really faint. Do you feel pregnant? What made you decide to test anyway? If the period a few weeks ago was light or just spotting though, it's possible that was implantation, but I know my first few periods after my daughter was born were really heavy, so no way I could have doubted if I was definitely getting my period. A pic would help.

Agree with above. Although, I would definitely test in a few days to see if there's any progression because it's possible to bleed when pregnant as well, even if it did look like a period

I took this one yesterday then today i took a clear blue digital and it said "not pregnant".??

Attachments

• 20170612_014819.jpg
    20170612_014819.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20170612_020456.jpg
    20170612_020456.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 98
I would retest in 2-3 days and see if the tests get darker. I do see the lines on the test very easily.

Heres one of mine from when they said it was just left over hormones at 3-4 weeks pp (right)
And one from a couple days ago (left)

Attachments

• 20170613_013418.jpg
    20170613_013418.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 53
Heres another picture of the old one.

Attachments

• 20170613_012831.jpg
    20170613_012831.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 80
I'd be surprised if it was leftover hcg at 9 weeks pp. I'd test again in a couple of days and see if it gets darker.

I know that last photo is of it dried, but that does look dark. Have you taken another of these? It would be interesting to see if there is any progression on the same tests.

I have had to do hcgs after each pregnancy since 2009 (miscarriage or birth) and they do them at 6w and 10w pp as it can take that long to go down xxx

These particular tests have been giving others some really awful lines when not pregnant lately. It could just be the test! Test again in a few days, maybe with a different test.

If you had an actual period 2 weeks ago then it would be spot on for a faint line if you caught. I would definitely keep testing as it could certainly be left over but it would be unlikely that you'd get a period if you still have hcg in your system from your LO. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Hey ladies! So its fainter than the last ones so i think its just left over hormones! Thank you guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->