Positive tests but no progress.

SpringRose

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a positive pregnancy test (first response early detection) in the evening 8 dpo and again morning 9 dpo and in the night 9dpo. All of them are easily visible but not as strong as the test line indeed.

At 10 dpo (today morning) I got a positive first response normal test but its not an early detection one. The instructions says that the tests will work on the day you missed period. According to my last cycle my periods should start today. Since I ovulated late this cycle (CD 20) I assume I have few more days to keep an eye. I have had few cycles of 32/33 days before.

My concern is that there is no significant line progression. All of my tests seems the same. Only the first one took on 8 dpo is bit lighter. I am scared of chemical pregnancy.

Please give me your thoughts.

First off, congratulations!

About the tests.. HCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours and you got a + pretty early so it will take a few days for things to really show progression, especially on different tests.
I would say it’s too early to call a chemical unless the lines start going lighter or go away.

Good luck!

it's to soon to see progression.
8-10dpo is really early. Like the PP said the hormones double every 48+ hours.
If you take a hpt every morning with fmu and compare them then you'll probably see more progression.

Congratulations! It can sometimes take quite a few days to see noticeable progression :)

It'd definitely too early to see much progression. You also can't compare an early response to a normal first response test lines as they are different sensitivity.

Someone on here took two early response tests from the same pack, dipped them into the same urine- one test line was much darker than the test line on the other. So even the early response results vary from test to test.

Keep testing with the same type of test (id say early response) at same time every day and you'll begin to see progression I'm sure.

Congrats! I'm sure all is ok

Joy x

Thanks for your thought ladies.
I am on 13 DPO today and got very clear and promising lines on few different tests.
Did the blood work today and the results will be receiving in the evening.
My GP wanted me to get the blood work done as I am having so severe crampings in my lower ab. I know it is not that good. But I have stage 2 endometriosis. I guess it is common to have crampings when you have endometriosis.

cramping is totally normal at the beginning stages of pregnancy. I had a couple weeks of cramping, and even though it's disconcerting it can be totally normal!! congrats!

Sorry for taking long time to give you guys an update. I just wanted to wait and see the heart beat of the baby at 8 weeks.
My cramping lasted bout 7 weeks and gone forever. In the mean time we did an early US(at 5weeks 4 days) to make sure that I am not having an ectopic and also our baby had a good level of heart beat at 8 weeks.
Waiting for 12 week US to see the baby again.
Thank you all for your encouraging reply.

CONGRATS!! thank you for the follow up! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->