Possible ectopic please help.

StephanieFred

Bonus mom to Alex & Abby
Reaction score
We found out on Father's Day that we were expecting. After two years of trying we were absolutely ecstatic, but cautious. I had my betas done the next day at 11dpo and my betas where as follows:

11dpo: 27.9
14dpo: 148
18dpo: 978
21dpo: 1,727

The nurse said they should have been over 2,000 and they were concerned about an ectopic pregnancy. I'm so worried as we want this baby so badly. I know it could go either way at this point. I'm 5 weeks 1 day today and they are drawing labs again Monday morning and doing a sonogram which will be 5 weeks 4 days. She also said it could be nothing, but they wanted to prepare me in case I start bleeding over the weekend. My beta was like 200 off. Do you think there is a chance?

I'm sorry you're going through this stress:( I think there is always a chance. I see what your nurse was saying though. I hope that everything turns out okay.

I've never had an ectopic, but I've had 3 miscarriages and they all had low or slow rising hcg. But yes, you have a chance of a good outcome. I've seen ladies post on here with stories similar to yours and things turn out good. I wish you all the best and hope you get some good news with your scan. My OB has always told me that the scan is more informative than hcg numbers. Good luck.

Steph, I wouldn't panic just yet. Those numbers look fine to me. I once spent the night in hospital, nil by mouth and prepped for emergency surgery for an ectopic because of an overeager doctor. Your nurse is being careful, which is great but hcg numbers fluctuate widely from woman to woman and I do mean widely!

Take alook at the doubling time chart on this website:https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

As you can see, the doubling time slows down significantly from 1200 onwards and your numbers look absolutely fine!

I think it is great that you are being checked out but unless you are in a lot of pain or bleeding I hope you will have good news at your scan :hugs:

I was 5+3 and my hCG was 'only' 1874. My dr had already been predicting miscarriage because 1. I got pg 'too fast' in her opinion after a miscarriage (no AF after the loss, just bfp even though we honestly were wtt), and 2. my hCG was high enough. I was also spotting at the time and terrified out of my wits as I have a rather lengthy history of miscarriage already. Fast forward a week and an ultrasound showed baby with a nice strong hb at 6+1. Fast forward several months, and I'm now approaching 38 weeks and labor watching like a maniac. :haha: Just remember, it's not the number itself that matters so much but rather how much it rises. And as a pp stated, once your hCG is over a certain number, it stops doubling every 48 hours. I know from experience that lower hCG levels that don't rise quite as fast can still result in a normal pregnancy. All three of my successful pregnancies have been that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->