Possible Hormone Deficiency - Please help!

octoberlove

Reaction score
Hi ladies, it appears as though I'm back. My first pregnancy ended in an early MC in Nov of last year and my second pregnancy ended in a MMC at 11w1d this past April. I had a D&C and we started officially trying again in June. It's been a devestating year but I am grateful for the fact that I seem to get pregnant rather quickly. But I absolutely can't bear the thought of losing another one. I am super early in this pregnancy, AF was due last Friday, I got my BFP yesterday.

After the first two MC's I went through a number of tests for recurrent pregnancy loss - all came back normal (including genetic tests on both my husband and I, though my husband has a healthy 7 year old so I doubt any issues could be with him....). I told my doctor I was concerned that I may have a progesterone deficiency, the symptoms fit me to a tee.... She assured me that as soon as I got pregnant again she would run tests to ensure that my hormone levels were rising.

So of course I called my doctor first thing this morning. She and her nurse are out this week so I spoke with another nurse. She basically laughed at how early I was and then said that all they could do was test the HCG to ensure that the pregnancy was progressing as it should. I asked her if testing the HCG level would show if I had a deficiency that could be the cause of the miscarriages and she said no, that it would only show if things were going the way they should and if they weren't it would be up to the attending doctor as to what steps to take next. She was fairly rude about the whole thing, which I expected. That's basically been the case over the last year. I realize that miscarriages are just another part of these peoples' lives...but Idk, I honestly wanted to break down and bawl as soon as I got off the phone.

I CAN'T go through this again. If there is absolutely anything in my power that can be done to prevent a miscarriage this time I want to know about it. And I feel like no one gives a sh** and no one is going to do anything. I am an absolute mess and I don't know what to do. I'm trying not to stress because I know THAT'S not good but honestly... I don't know what to do. I feel like these doctors/nurses just think I'm a crazy person.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Do any of you take hormone supplements? How are hormonal deficiencies detected? Please, any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I cannot lose another one. :nope:

I had a mmc in Feb and I asked the nurse at the epu about this. She said that current research suggests that when progesterone is low it is because the pregnancy isn't viable and that taking progesterone usually will just prolong a non viable pregnancy. However she did say that in occasional cases women don't produce enough progesterone. I wasn't willing to take any chances as I felt I had lots of symptoms of low progesterone so I started taking agnus castus after my mc. I am still taking it although I know there are mixed views about taking it when pregnant. I don't know yet how this pregnancy is progressing, I definitely have more symptoms than last time but I have a scan at eight weeks so I will see then whether it's been successful to that point. I know some women also use progesterone cream and that can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->