Possible iui and looking for some advice

mom2b12

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything. My story in short is that my husband and I have been ttc since jan/feb of 2013 with no luck, not a single bfp. We went to the doctor in feb of this year and found out I had a blocked Fallopian tube and his count/motility was low. I had laparoscopic surgery in April and the tube was unblocked and my husband just got the results of his most recent semenalysis. The numbers were much better this time sperm count 44 million (up from 20 mill) and motility with forward progression 43% (up from 17%). The dr said though they have improved, they are still on the low side and he has still suggested iui with clomid but no trigger since I ovulate on my own each month. My husband wants us to try naturally for a few more months since his numbers have improved. I was wondering if anyone else that has been in this situation can share their experience and what kind of chance you might think we have either natural or iui 😊

I don't have personal experience with an iui but I know two women who do, one is from bnb but I don't think she blogs anymore. Her husband was in an accident and it resulted in low sperm count and mobility. I don't know if she did clomid or had a trigger shot but I think she did b.c they could only afford to do two treatments so I think she at least had a trigger shot and they ended up with fraternal twins. The other is a coworker who had irregular cycles and didn't O on her own. She was on something, whether it was clomid or the fertility drug that starts with an F I can't remember. She did have the shot and also had fraternal twins. I think the changes of twins is greatly affects with that trigger shot. I used clomid and had a singleton then identical twins but fertility drugs doesn't affect the chances of identicals. I hope this was helpful, good luck!

Thanks so much for responding, we decided to try two more months naturally and see what happens :)

I'm curious why the clomid? If you make an egg and O on your own then you could just do the IUI to get around the sperm issue. I see that your doctor is thinking more eggs = more chances of conception? Although if you don't trigger you often only release the most mature egg anyway and it's also hard to time the IUI without a trigger.

I don't know a bunch about sperm issues because I'm the one with fertility problems for us. But, have you looked into using a soft cup? If you insert it after DTD it would keep the sperm up near the cervix longer and give them a better chance of getting to the egg?

I'm curious why the clomid? If you make an egg and O on your own then you could just do the IUI to get around the sperm issue. I see that your doctor is thinking more eggs = more chances of conception? Although if you don't trigger you often only release the most mature egg anyway and it's also hard to time the IUI without a trigger.

I don't know a bunch about sperm issues because I'm the one with fertility problems for us. But, have you looked into using a soft cup? If you insert it after DTD it would keep the sperm up near the cervix longer and give them a better chance of getting to the egg?

The way he explained it to me was like you said for possibly more eggs but also the clomid helps make a more mature egg....I tried the soft cups for 4 months and never got a bfp..I'll be using opks to time the iui..hopefully though we will have a positive in the next two months and won't have to do the iui

The way he explained it to me was like you said for possibly more eggs but also the clomid helps make a more mature egg....I tried the soft cups for 4 months and never got a bfp..I'll be using opks to time the iui..hopefully though we will have a positive in the next two months and won't have to do the iui

Right, that all makes sense. I hope your doctor is right about the mature egg. I spoke to two doctors about that. One said true and the other said not true. I just did a cycle of injectables. I only had one egg so I'm hoping the medication made it a really good, mature one.

I hope you don't end up needing your iui. :thumbup:

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"