• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post-mc follow-up scans..?

Well according to doctors they are classing me as 5 weeks today. And I took a first response this morning, thinking it was the early reponse type which had 25miu but it was actually a one step that is only 100miu! And it was still positive so I guess thats very good if I only thought AF was due today! So I think I am at least 4 weeks 3 days maybe, maybe not quite 5 weeks.

I'm rambling again, I'm just so happy lol!!

I have to wait til sept 18th (ish) til I get past the point I did last time but I think I'll just be happy to get past 8 weeks at first, I'm taking it in smaller steps lol coz if I think about waiting 7 weeks I'll freak!!

Yaayyyy! All went very well today at scan !!!! I am measuring 12+ 3 which is further ahead than I thought, giving a use date of feb 10th! That is my hubbys sisters birthday which is nice. I was proper bitchy this morning with hubby as I was just so scared but it wasc great. The baby was somersaulting about. bloods gone off for testing, I had slightly high leukocytes in my wee, which could signify urine infection but I think it's probably thrush. She didn't seem too bothered about it.

I'll try to post a pic, going on nub theory it's a girl, not sure about the skull shape.

Are you two getting on okay?? Small steps week by week is the way to do it Bailey otherwise you'll just mess with your own head. Xxx

Oops that was supposed to say due date but 'use' date is quite funny - like 'use by date'.

awwww yay Pebbles that's great news! Must've been amazing to see your little bub :) Try and put a pic up!

When I had a scan last time (before mc) I was so relieved that it seemed to look ok I just started bawling - if all looks good at 12 weeks I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to be a mess!

Do they still date you from your LMP when you have a scan? I got confused with the scan I had last time because they said it measured 6 weeks, and I wasn't sure if that was fine (because it was 6 weeks since I had o'd) or I was 2 weeks behind (8 weeks since LMP).

I hadn't even heard of nub theory - looks like there's much more to learn for this next bit of pregnancy! Exciting that you might be having a girl - have you started thinking about names yet?

I think I might be on the verge of getting ms here - felt a bit...weird all day and have been a bit off food. And knackered - came home and fell asleep for two hours...again. Much less bloated than I remember being last time. And although I had a bit of a down day yesterday after I had some stabby pains and convinced myself all was lost, it's been ok today so I'm a bit more positive!

REALLY want a date for my booking appointment now (mines coming from the hospital apparently)! When did you get a date for your scan Pebbles? Was it after you'd passed 8 weeks?

xx

Yay soooooo happy for you pebbles that's such great news!!!!

Oh I am gonna be sobbing my heart out at my scan! Can't believe we've got another 7 weeks to wait until our scans Cherry! Love yor avatar btw!

What's nub theory pebbles? Oooh I bet you are just bursting with happiness!!!

I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow but only coz my gp apparently doesn't even deal with confirming pregnancies now!! I guarantee that it will be a waste of time appointment! All I will do is pee in a pot and I could have done that for my gp on Monday but he insisted that I do that for the midwife. Bloody nhs!

how was your appointment bailey? just standard?

more convinced I'm getting the beginnings of ms here - the thought of eating anything makes me feel a bit off. And I've fallen asleep 4 times today! I've taken to coming home and sleeping for an hour or so, and I'm still knackered the next day after a full night's sleep! I hope this calms down over the next few months....!

Yeah it was just referring me for my booking appointment that's all. Oh and doing my blood pressure again lol!! She was really nice though, but she did confirm that I won't get any different treatment to last time and scan at 12 weeks.

I have felt a little queasy from time to time but no real ms. And my boobs aren't as sore today, or maybe I'm getting used to it lol!!
I am always tired though, and hungry all the time!!

I'm also nervous about dtd as well!! I don't know why though? Just panicky as always lol. I've felt weird today too coz I dont feel pregnant today!!

Don't worry Bailey, I didn't feel preggers until at least 6 weeks, apart from slightly sore boobs. Your symptoms sound good cherry.
At my booking appointment (I left it till about almost 8 weeks as I was so sure I'd just mc!) she used my last period dates but at this scan I just had they ignore that totally & just look at how big the baby is then. By lmp my due date is 14 feb but on scan it was 10th. I got my letter for 12 week scan just a few days after my booking appointment so quite efficient really for the NHS!

Right nub theory is prob a load of bollocks but a 12 weeks al babies have a kind of little tail that turns into either girl bits or boy bits! The theory is if th nub points upwards by more than 30 degrees it's prob a boy while a horizontal nub or downwards point is a girl.

I think it looks like a girl , it's quite pretty

Can't post a pic from iPad! If you go in first tri I've done a gender guesses post with the scan pic in. Click my user name & you'll be able 2 see my other posts and find it that way.

Awww that's lovely pebbles!

It's funny how I say I dont feel pg today but I'm starving and shattered lol!

Hopefully I'll get my booking appointment soon coz then I can book my 12 week scan. Can't wait to find out the exact date of it coz I want to countdown lol!!

I know! I think it's a right cutie. What gender do you think?

Well all I can say based on the nub theory is its a girl lol!!
So so so beautiful though, such an amazing picture I can't believe how clear it is!

Have either of you two heard about baby aspirin or taking it? I've read about it loads and from what I can read it does no harm and can help. I bought some today and can't bring myself to take it!!

I have absolutely no idea! Is it 20 weeks you find out? Whatever it is, this is a lovely first snapshot for the family album!

Bailey - why would you need baby aspirin? What's it for..?

Apparently it can help stop blood clotting in the placenta. Loads of people who have had mc's swear by it. People have been telling me how I should take it but I don't know.

Ah right...I just had a google and found this page, which seems to say that it's helpful for a very small percentage of people with a certain condition that leads to recurrent mc.

If it def doesn't do any harm then I guess there's no reason not to...personally I'm keeping it as contaminant free as possible in there though!

xx

Well they haven't proven it's 100% safe but lots of doctors in the us and Australia apparently prescribe it.

I think I might go with your idea and be as contaminate free as possible! I suppose theres no use taking something for a problem I don't know is there! I'd hate it think that I'd caused more problems than good!

Eurgh I'm starting to feel a little sick, and shattered too, was waiting up to see oh when he gets home from work but think I might go to bed!

I don't think we'll find out the sex but yes you can find out at 20 week scan if you want. It will be nice to have a surprise after labour!

Aspirin -yes i considered it but decided not to. I don't think low dose would do any harm but is is untested as to the long term effects. I did read one study which was a very small sample and inconclusive but is showed higher levels of autism & learning disabilites when the mum had used NSAID painkillers. Anyway I'm glad I didn't take them but had I mc'd I wouldn't be saying that! I did acupuncture instead which does a similar thing in that it keeps blood flowing around all the organs.

Oooh that's a good idea! I think one of the reasons I was worrying about blood flow is beacuse I get pins and needles all the time (from years ago) and so I know I have bad circulation but not sure if that means I have thicker blood or not.

Might give acupuncture a go though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->